Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Is our academy working?
Yesterday at 9:39 pm by blueboy

» City vs Burnley
Yesterday at 9:38 pm by blueboy

»  Bluemoon Prediction League 2018/19
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 am by Moonchester

» Squad Strengthening
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 am by leopold

» Funniest thing I've seen in ages.
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am by leopold

» 9th November - are you guys getting a team together??
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 am by blisteringblue

» FANTASY FOOTBALL 2018-19
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am by blueboy

» ManCityFanTV
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 am by blueboy

» Centurions v Bus Wreckers
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm by ManCityMan

» City's Zen
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 am by Moonchester

October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is it so bad?

Go down

Is it so bad?

Post by titbumwilly on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:16 pm

On reflection I have come to the conclusion that last night's result isn't such bad news.
Now, don't get me wrong, I hate us losing any game, and I'm not one to say that I'm glad we lost.
Looking at the first half performance, and to a lesser degree the second half one too, I honestly believe that if we'd scraped anything from the game it would've been a major case of papering over the cracks and not facing a few honest truths.
I think that Pep will have gained more from that defeat than if we'd won an easy game by 2 or 3 goals.
There were inept performances all over the pitch, and one or two (or three or four) players need to take a seriously good look at themselves. The myth that we could easily field two teams capable of competing for the league has been exposed. Certain players simply aren't good enough (and we all have our own opinions on who they are), while others were just lazy and thought they only had to turn up to win the game.
I wouldn't like to have been in that dressing room after the game, bollocks would've been chewed off no doubt, and a few egos burst.
Complacency is the biggest threat this season, and last night should've blown that away.
The positive thing is that we have 5 games remaining in the group, and after last night I expect us to win them all. Much better to lose last night than in the league in my opinion.
And hopefully the ridiculous 'bookie's favourites' tag has now gone too.
Let Liverpool boast how they have the league and champion's league already in the bag, and hopefully we'll get quietly back to business.
I certainly don't think Cardiff will think us losing was a good thing, I expect us to go out against them with a point to prove.

titbumwilly

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it so bad?

Post by Moonchester on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:37 pm

priddy much agree on that....
Moonchester

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

I agree. Whilst winning is a good habit to get into and it feels good, eventually you have to come up against this sense of invincibility which leads to complacency and it either takes a very strong will, a heightened degree of urgency or a massive kick up the arse. On Tuesday, there was no will and no urgency, so we got the kick up the arse. Like you say, better in a game where the consequences aren't so dire, but still useful to let everyone concerned know that they aren't unbeatable.

I dare say Warnock has his players wearing their Billy Bremner boots lined up for the weekend, as booting us off the park is probably his only chance.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Far better for it to happen now rather than later, there's no reason we cant go on & win the remainder of the games in the group & finish first. I don't think there is any lack of quality in the squad this is a purely mental thing.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:26 am

I just hope that you guys are right. I see the point being made and fully agree with it's content. I do however worry that the longer this goes on the more deep rooted it becomes. Hopefully as you say this is the kick up the arse needed. I have seen the after comments from the likes of Fernandinho & Kompany before, after poor performances and they all say the same, Bold talk but it is action and a change on the pitch we need to see.  

I still live with cityitis and probably will till the day I kark it. So somewhere inside I expect the worst.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum