Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» *NEW* Man City Fan TV forum
Yesterday at 9:45 pm by Topdawg

» Hudds v City
Yesterday at 2:26 pm by ManCityMan

» FANTASY FOOTBALL 2018-19
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm by leopold

» HUDDS v CITY
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:24 pm by blueboy

»  Bluemoon Prediction League 2018/19
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:59 am by FarOutMan

» CITY v WOLVES
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm by leopold

» Carabou cup final
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm by Moonchester

» City v Burton
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:28 pm by Strange Blue

» FACUP DRAW CITY v BURNLEY
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 pm by leopold

» CITY v ROTHERHAM
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm by ManCityMan

January 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Looking forwards to Liverpool

Go down

Looking forwards to Liverpool

Post by Topdawg on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:19 am

Good that we got the three points yesterday to set up the game of the season on Thursday against the dippers.

Liverpool are going into the game with a seven point lead, knowing that a victory would almost seal the title for them. They'd be 9 or 10 points clear with only 17 games to go and that's a difficult lead to throw away.

They will be going into the game full of confidence after another easy win against a poor Arsenal team. They're scoring lots of goals and conceding very few. They are on this long unbeaten run and their fans are going slightly crazy. If we lose on Thursday, this will be the longest procession in history and their fans will be on everyone's nerves for the rest of the season.

But, they've never been out in front by so much before. And none their players has done it before. So there will be some pressure on them and it will be ramped up for this game.

Our form is a little wobbly at the minute and our defence is a worry. LB was always a problem area for us, but we coped last season. I think two things have affected us in that area this season. One being that teams are targeting the LB with balls over the top and just behind them. We've seen both Delph and Zincehnko being caught out by such balls numerous times this season. Enough for some fans to say we should play a kid from the academy there because they couldn't be as bad! Maybe not in defending, but would they offer us the control and quick, cool passing that Pep demands?

One other major factor, for me, is the fact we've not had our midfield masters in KdB, David Silva and Fernandinho start a single league game together. You've got to remember that last season these three players provided such a level of control and attacking threat that teams  were simply afraid to attack us. They were so scared of us going forwards that they didn't capitalise on our inexperienced left backs. So we got away with Mendy's injury, and lack of suitable cover, simply because Fernandinho screens so well and KdB and Silva were such an attacking threat that it kept opponents on the back foot.

We've coped most of the season without KdB. We've won games but hardly sizzled the way we did last season. That's to be expected losing one of the best creative midfielders in the world. His loss was bound to affect us. We coped because we still had Silva and Fernandinho to help us get by. As soon as we lost both of them to injury, you could see we were weaker team. Bernardo flourished when accompanied by David and Dino but struggled without them. These two players were key in getting 14 victories out of 16 league games.

Now roll on Liverpool. They are going to be very tough opponents simply because they have quality players and work tremendously hard. Last season, I felt they tried to blow teams away in the first 30 minutes and then coast the second half. They looked spent. Now they're digging out wins late on in games and it seems they have better energy levels in the second half. But I do expect them to try and blitz us again early in the game. They will press us like crazy and we will lose the ball in dangerous areas. We will definitely need a lot of luck to get us through this game. 

We're also going to need to bring our shooting boots with us on Thursday. 

Yesterday, we could so easily have scored the six or seven Pep suggested. We should really have scored six or seven. Hitting the woodwork twice, hitting the keeper rather than the back of the net on two or three occasions and that let Southampton stay in the game. We simply have to take our chances against Liverpool.

Winning the title this season isn't in our own hands anymore. We will rely on slip-ups from Liverpool and we have to be ready pounce when they do. But we've got take three points on Thursday first.
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking forwards to Liverpool

Post by blisteringblue on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:42 pm

My best mate is a dipper and thinks it will go to the last game of the season even if they get something on Thursday.  They have form for slipping up.   They are going to have a wobble, we did last year after the first loss.  If they go all season without losing they deserve to be champions, but it won't happen.

My only hope for Thursday is for a fair game.  No red cards, no dodgy Salah pen, this will really finish me off if it's a dodgy decision that decides it.

I'm actually quite up for it if truth be told.  I think we will win and then it's game on.

If we get through the next six with Gooners and Chavs the last ones within 4 points of the lead then it's all very much to play for.
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 pm

An academy lad at LB isn’t such a crazy idea against most sides, but certainly not Liverpool. All age groups at City play the same style of possession football so should slot in, but the frustration is coming from seeing the same area exposed repeatedly in this recent poor run. For me, a January signing should be happening. As for the Dippers, if we win this game I firmly believe we’ll win the league, lose it and it’s hard to see 3 others beating them this season. Should be a great game, if you’re there make some noise!
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 pm

It seems the general consensus is Liverpool will have a wobble somewhere? I just can't see it. They played earlier in the season when their forwards were not firing on all cylinders yet got results similar to city last season, Sterling's last minute heroics in a number of games. They have been virtually injury free again similar to City last season. They were the 1st team to beat us last season which happened in early January, Now we have the opportunity to beat them in early January. Too many similarities as to when we won the title for my liking.

The other thing about a blip is when Leicester won the title. Everyone kept saying they couldn't sustain it but they did and again a lack of injuries to key players really helped their cause.

The only way I can see us winning the title is to beat Liverpool convincingly which may just sew the seed of doubt and for us to find the levels we attained last season.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 am

skyblueoz wrote:They have been virtually injury free again similar to City last season.
No, because we didn't have any injuries to players in key positions last season Rolling Eyes  I'm pretty sure we had spells without important players last year, most notably our only LB.

Granted, this season has been worse, but Liverpool have still been very lucky when it comes to injuries and I don't believe they've lost a single key player as yet.  The difference is, we've got the squad depth to protect us when we lose someone important and they don't.  Plus, in the 13/14 season they went without losing any key players and we still pipped them to the title.  Like I've said already, I'm not worried.  I've seen us pull back bigger gaps with fewer games.
leopold
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Must be my cityitis but I really cant see a dip in form from Liverpool happening. God I hope I am wrong but they just look so ominous at the moment.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Moonchester
Moonchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Looks like laporte at left back and Danilo preferd to walker
Nijinsky
Nijinsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Liverpool are at full strength,,
not sure why we are going with what looks like Laport at left back?
best course here would be back 3 with Danilo and Ferdy sitting infront and covering?

Ederson
       Stones Kompany Laporte
              Danilo  Ferdy
Sterling  Bernard  Silva  Sane
                  Aguero

???
Moonchester
Moonchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Hmmmm? Laporte at LB at Anfield last season was poor, could we be playing a back 3 with Danilo and Sane as wingbacks? I suppose with no actual LB any formation’s a bit of a risk.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Just had a United fan text me “come on City”. Everyone hates the Dippers!
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Was working in St.Helens today and only dipper fans want Liverpool, everyone else wants City, Amazed this included the Rags fans.
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Lucky there, about a centimetre of the ball not over the line.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:34 pm

Ooh lucky no contact with Salah there or Vinnie was off. Come on though, lots of passing but nothing at the end.
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Sergio, amazing
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Crowd seems up for it, sounds like a pretty good atmosphere. I hope none of those yellows turn red in the 2nd half.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm

No messing about tonight now. Don't mind a good goal against but not from the ref or a mistake.
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Just utter wank defending again
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Get in!!!
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Long 4 mins ...........
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Well Done Boys, back in the race. Massive win.
blisteringblue
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Well that was unbearable. Ran their socks off, the lot of them.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 pm

Probably a good game for the neutral, but these games kill me. Can’t fault effort from the boys or tactics & passion from Pep. I’m sure the dippers will drop more points, but we can’t afford too many more slip ups
Strange Blue
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Thought Laporte did pretty well, surprised at how high up the pitch he got at times. But Fernandinho was immense, snuffed out almost everything.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Wow...not been as nervous as that for a long time.

Well done to all concerned...I thought Bernado n Ferdi were exceptional though.
shakencity
shakencity

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Right on Shaken.  Fernandinho and Bernardo were immense.  Everybody was up for it though except me.  Spent half the time in another room with sweaty palms.
Wensdi
Wensdi

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:31 am

Klippety bemoaning the fact that Vinny only got a yellow, he never once acknowledged that the better team won in the end.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 am

ManCityMan wrote:Klippety bemoaning the fact that Vinny only got a yellow, he never once acknowledged that the better team won in the end.
Yeah, and he wouldn't even mention it if he had won.

Tense game, that.  Exactly the sort that would finish me off if I had a dodgy ticker.  But a hard fought won and it sounded like everybody was up for the fight.  We clearly wanted to close the gap and, after last year's fumble of not winning the league against the hated rags, it was nice to see us become the first team to beat the dippers.  Let's see if this puts the seed of doubt into their minds like that game in 2014 where Slippy G earned that nickname...
leopold
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 am

Wensdi wrote:Right on Shaken.  Fernandinho and Bernardo were immense.  Everybody was up for it though except me.  Spent half the time in another room with sweaty palms.
What's that on your sweater, is it Mom's spaghetti? Razz Razz Razz
leopold
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum