Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Mancini - overrated? EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Mancini - overrated? EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
Mancini - overrated? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Mancini - overrated? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Mancini - overrated? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Mancini - overrated? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Mancini - overrated? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Mancini - overrated? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Mancini - overrated? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Mancini - overrated? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mancini - overrated?

+5
CTIDSharkey
skyblueoz
AMillionDifferentPeople
blueboy
Paulpowersleftfoot
9 posters

Go down

Mancini - overrated? Empty Mancini - overrated?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm

If Mancini was English would he have been shown the door by now?
Is there still some sort of mystique about Italian/foreign managers?
I think he's rapidly turning into a Milanese Frank Clark and is drowning in his incompetence
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Mancini - overrated? Empty Re: Mancini - overrated?

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm

There is no doubt a charm and a little charisma about him. However, i think, not only he, but all foreign managers need to prove themselves in the PL before we can call them good managers.

I know Guardiola seems to be brilliant - and the syle in which Barca play is probably the best ever seen - but they do have the players, ones that have been brought up The Barca Way - i.e., most through the Barca academy. That in itself seems to suggest that those behind the scenes at the academy - are worthy of any platitudes thrown at the their first team.

Capello - lauded as brilliant at Juve and AC - we've seen, hes pretty fucking average.

Mancini - now looking more and more out of his depth in the PL.

Sven - he did OK, but worldwide, was regarded as a top, top manager - got sacked pretty quickly.

The only overseas managers that have really built their reputation in the PL are Wenger and Mourinho. I know Mourinho did well at Porto, but it wasn't until he plied his trade in the PL that he became the manager he is.

I'm not sure that many other managers could or have proven their worth as managers in the PL - and is Mancini in need of more time? Im not sure. I think we have seen his core mentality - one of which, defend at all costs against the big teams and hope for a draw, play conservatively against lesser teams and score one or two.
That attitude is not apparent in the two most successful managers in the PL.

Wenger and Taggert do not, and have never had that kind of mentality - in fact, the opposite - which suggests that Mancini will not have the right attitude for the job at City.

On the other hand - Mourinho has proven himself in the PL.

Given the choice - it would have to be Mourinho every single time given the choice right now on what i have seen.

Arguments for us being 4th right now dont ring true, coz if we have spent the money we have, on the players we have brought in, then 4th is the absolute minimum we should expect throughout any period of the season, and even then, be disappointed at 4th.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 pm

It will always come down to the style of football if your not winning matches, i dont think any City fan is expecting us to play like Barca but having a few shots on goal and trying to win a game is what English football is all about. As blueboy says Mancini wont have that attitude.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I think hiddink would also more than hold his own in the premier league, he seems to have a knack of turning average players into household names.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by CTIDSharkey Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:55 pm

If Mancini was sacked and Mourinho turned City down who do you think we would be able to attract?

Rijkaard or (if the rumours of him leaving Bayern are true) Van Gaal maybe?
CTIDSharkey
CTIDSharkey
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaya_Nono Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm

The problem we have is Mancini is as negative as fuck but if we make top 4 it might be a little harsh to dump him on is arse. If we DON'T make top 4 and get rid of Mancini who'll take the job on for Europa League football?

Sharkey, I think Mourinho will get sounded out first before Mancini gets the push, much like when Mancini himself was when he replaced Hughes.

People may think that slightly cruel but he shouldn't have made the bollocks of the job that he has.
Yaya_Nono
Yaya_Nono
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 am

Think Nono has it spot on really.
At the start of the season Mancini would have been told to deliver CL football, winning a cup would be a bonus. Now despite some inept and negative performances, if City do finish in that 4th place (and they're still on course to do this remember) and somehow go on to win the FA Cup, he'll have achieved what was asked him and more. This will make it hard for the big cheeses to sack him and in a way i guess it'd be slightly unfair.
Ok, we all accept some of his signings haven't worked out as hoped but it rarely happens that all new signings prove fruitful (this is why i don't accept 4th place as being a minimum as mention earlier), anyway who's to say RM won't get rid of a few and replace them with fresh faces over the summer?

The problem with Mourinho coming to City is, he tends to go to Championship winning teams where he inherits a good team, thus not having to do a right lot of work. He went to Champions Chelsea (Ranieris team) before going to Champions Inter and likewise to Champions Real Madrid.
At City he wouldn't be doing this which makes me wonder if he'll end up at OT. Citys pulling power to him is they can obviously offer him a huge transfer fund to play with, but i really don't know if he'll take the gamble.

Now don't get me wrong here fellas, if City did end up dismissing RM, Mourinho would be my 1st choice, i just doubt whether he'll come.

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

If he does come,that 9 year unbeaten home record will come under a bit of pressure
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 am

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 pm

It is going to be some fun and games when Fergie calls it a day.
I know a fair few United fans who are already getting nervous about it and how it may afect the team if he stays past the end of this season.

It might be terrible having to watch as United implode in the coming years. I'm not so certain yet, but theres a few small cracks beginning to appear...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by CTIDSharkey Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Those cracks at Old Toilet are only going to get bigger... With another big loss financially recorded they are going to be forced to sell some of their bigger names. Van Der Sar retiring their number one transfer targets will be goalkeepers. Thus being their bigger names Berbaflop and Shrek will be sold to raise some capital. Their ship is sinking and long may it last... Love Glazers, Hate United!!!

Not sure if Jose would come to City, but i'd be happy if he did. Like I said previously, If Mancini was dismissed and Jose did in fact turn down the job. Who would be the managerial targets then?
CTIDSharkey
CTIDSharkey
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum