Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday gossip EmptyToday at 4:10 am by atlblue

» Nijinsky tips
Monday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Monday gossip EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday gossip

4 posters

Go down

Monday gossip Empty Monday gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 am

Oh, Balotelli. They love you for a different reason from the fans, but they love you all the same, because you're "good copy" and you do far more than just score goals.
Yes, the unpredictable Italian striker is a natural for the newspapers, and by extension the websites - who else could ignite such headlines two whole weeks before the fifth of November?

In the Mail, for example, we get "It's fireworks from Mario" in glorious 72pt caps and "Balotelli lights the blue touchpaper as his double sets up six-goal romp" over Matt Lawton's match report.

The Telegraph, meanwhile, gives us the quintessential Telegraph headline for the occasion: "Rocket man Balotelli sparks pyrotechnics", which is what posh people have at their bonfire.

As well as parkin, obviously.

Everybody who squeezed into the Old Trafford press box agrees that Mario was the catalyst for what Henry Winter calls "the demolition derby", and the sub-editors are as happy as kids with sparklers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>

Roberto Mancini, gracious in victory, refused to read too much into one game, and would not be tempted into fanning the flames with title talk

</BLOCKQUOTE>
He tells skysports.com and others: "I think there are four or five teams that can win the title in the end. The season is too long, it is very difficult every game, every three days we play.

"Against Tottenham we played very well, but this is different - we played against a strong team like United. But in the end there are three points - finished. We don't take six points for this game."

Over at the Orlando Sentinel, where there might be certain affiliations, they report that "Manchester United are still better than neighbours City, Roberto Mancini said after his side thumped the champions 6-1." Was that a sigh of relief we thought we heard?

Before your eyes glaze over, the Roberto quote to which the Sentinel clings is: "I think United is one yard above us still ... we can change this only if we win (the title) in the end."

Back at Sky Sports, they've persuaded Arsene Wenger to comment. Yes, he saw it. Quelle surprise! gasps Arsenal's boss, whose close relationship with United's manager goes way back.

But he empathises: "Like when we lost 8-2, the big scores have no special meaning, it only means something special happened in the game.

"When you ... have to attack with 10 men against a good side you are vulnerable. It's not that you lost three points, but the emotional aspect of a result like that remains in your head."

Mind games from 200 miles away? You still have so much to learn, Roberto ...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Monday gossip Empty Re: Monday gossip

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 am

I expected this mornings "gossip" to be 3 times as long as this lee Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 am

I guess the club didnt want to go overboard in the spirit of Mancini Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

I wonder if Kia will put Hughes up again to give city's team talk before the next derby match
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

i enjoy reading reports from all over the world when we do stuff ,like this. people sit up and take notice.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 pm

I caught the tail end of "Sunday Supplement" inbetween watching Toy Story 2 and CBeebies with my 2 yearold, the washing machine and dishwasher drowning out the tv, and countless noisey toys... What I did catch was that several of the pundits actually predicted a City win! "Yea Gods" I thought! Sky giving City due praise against the mighty Reds!!!

Another humerous thing I read was that the Glazers got pelted as their cars were leaving after the game!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:
Another humerous thing I read was that the Glazers got pelted as their cars were leaving after the game!!!!

Even funnier that their other team got turned over at Wembley too. A quality weekend for them !!

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Did anyone see any green and yellow scarfs at Wembley Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content