Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Pep’s at it again
England, do we care anymore? EmptyToday at 3:07 pm by skyblueoz

» 23/24 Prediction League
England, do we care anymore? EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
England, do we care anymore? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
England, do we care anymore? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
England, do we care anymore? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
England, do we care anymore? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
England, do we care anymore? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
England, do we care anymore? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
England, do we care anymore? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
England, do we care anymore? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

England, do we care anymore?

+7
noneed
TMG
CTIDSharkey
AMillionDifferentPeople
lee1pen
shakencity
BoyWithTheArabsCash
11 posters

Go down

England, do we care anymore? Empty England, do we care anymore?

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 am

Well do we?

When i was a kid, an England game was something you looked forward to, however these days, internationals are met with general apathy from the average supporter.

Is it a club over country culture that we now find ourselves in due to the demands of the Premiership and the rigors of European football, that we prefer to keep our players for club duty, or is it general disinterest with the actual players?

Players who are on an exorbitant amount of money and seem to feign injury and pull out of international duty, but are usually fit for their club on the Saturday.

It seems the only time we get interested with England these days, is if they make it to the finals of a tournament. So do you think in this country, international football has lost its allure and what do you think needs to be done to capture peoples interest again?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

England, do we care anymore? Empty Re: England, do we care anymore?

Post by shakencity Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am

I actually look forward to qualifying games and subsequent finals....if we make them.
It's the friendlies throughout the season that i think people show disinterest and generally tend to piss everyone off. That's when players tend to pull out with "niggling" injuries.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Moneyman

List of whats wrong

Money...both at club and international level

Clubs denigrating internationals because of fear, fear they will lose players to injury, fear of players coming back jaded, fear of players getting tapped up

Press overkill, before the press reported games, now they report everything from whos shagging who to what talc someone puts in their socks. Players are to relaxed ( under Sven ) players are too controlled (under Capello)... Team terry/ferdnand/SWP/Lampard/rooneyetc leaking to the press

too much interferance from FIFA and uafa due to self agrandising of Platini and Blatter and the politics involved...pull out and lead a break away of international teams that actually put football first before politics.

Any more for the list?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 am

I try not to care but when the game kicks off the passion comes flooding back, having some Blues back in has added fuel to the fire. i hate all the build up for 5 days beforehand, and the press building them up like world beaters only to destroy them if we put in a poor performance. I will always support the team but the choice of managers over the years has been lazy and hopefull rather than rational. I just hope we ar'nt grooming Pearce like we did Mclaren under Sven, that would be a disaster imo.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by CTIDSharkey Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 pm

I agree with Shaken on this one...

The qualifiers and tournament games i look forward to, but the pointless friendlies (that mean fuck all to either country) I couldnt give a toss about. Its not like the English clubs dont play enough games as it is.
The problem with the England squad at the minute is that Capello doesnt know any English players. He picks on reputation rather than form. Glen Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, and most of all Wayne Rooney. What's wrong with the likes of Kyle Walker or Richards at right back Gary Cahill or Dawson at centre backs. Wiltshire, Cattermole even Reo-Coker have played well in centre midfield this year. Wayne Rooney has been shocking this year, however he is first choice. Darren Bent and Peter Crouch have played well for their clubs this year but because Andy Carroll is now worth 35 (pence) million he is supposed to be starting with Shrek against Wales. Capello is a joke.
CTIDSharkey
CTIDSharkey
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Sharkey I know what you mean about friendlies but then Isnt it a bit hypocritical of club managers playing loads of friendlies before the start of the season so players can get to know each other and learn to play together and yet turn round at International friendlies and say they are pointless?
I think this season at city has shown how players need to train and play together for a good while before they can play well. Chopping and changing isnt a good idea.
Wasnt it Korea before they hosted the WC who played a whole season before as a team?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 pm

I too agree with Shaken. The friendlies are pointless & I just pray that all our players come back injury free. I love the qualifiers & when we get to the finals but just like being a City fan I am usually left let down & heartbroken ! Sad
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by CTIDSharkey Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I personally would think that the pre-season games are all about regaining match fitness after two months of Pimms and Pizza Hut, more than learning to play together. Players train 5/6 times a week to learn to play together. England train together the week before they play and the players that are picked should all be match sharp. Friendlies are money making activities that could cost clubs players. Dean Ashton is a perfect example of that.

Mancini changes his squad too frequently for the team to get used to each other. Injuries havent helped i know but sometimes his squad selection is baffling.
CTIDSharkey
CTIDSharkey
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by noneed Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm

i will always watch ENGLAND games and thats most sports aswell and i can never see why anyone would put club before country or country before club! its not like i have to choose who to watch is it now!
i'm CITY and when ENGLAND are playing i'm a CITY ENGLISHMAN Smile
the only thing that i don't like is friendly games!!
noneed
noneed
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

To be fair I care about England a little more than I used to.

Growing up in the 90s/00s the only City player who was in the squad was SWP, and he was more a fringe player. Just another London team as far as I was concerned.

Now, since we have quite a few players in the team I do like to watch them play, but I don't really give a shit whether they win or not.

Usually see the international break as a ball ache, as I'd rather watch City any day, but this one couldn't have come at a better time really!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 am

Still care about them, but always expect the worse.

Very much like City.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm

I will always support England but it'll be a long time before I watch them again after being given grief of FA officials in Minsk after ploughing in thousands to watch them over the years. City come first anyway and always have done.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Barry will captain on wednesday. who was the last City player to captain England (in a proper game) ???
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:25 pm

I thought Barry had the armband briefly in the last match, after Lampard and Cashley Cole had been subbed...

The commentators seemd horrified about it, despite the number of games he captained Villa for....
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 pm

if that was the Denmark game that was a freindly, when it was passed round like it meant nothing. The commentators are horrified if anyone from one of 'their favourite clubs' does anything well for England.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down