Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Pep’s at it again
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyToday at 3:07 pm by skyblueoz

» 23/24 Prediction League
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate

+3
TMG
bellyblue
gratedbean
7 posters

Go down

I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate Empty I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate

Post by gratedbean Sun May 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Forget Balotelli and his petulance, or Kolarov and his complete incompetence, I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate. How many times per game do we see this scenario: "Johnson picks the ball up wide in a promising position, plenty of players in support, he cuts inside, tries to skip past one, two, three defenders, he goes for goal, and it's shanked far, wide and low out of harms way". For fuck sake lad learn to look up, I'm not saying go as far as David Silva and try to pass it in the net (was like watching Arsenal today!) but you are there to be a goal provider, not a goal scorer. If I was Balotelli I'd be pissed off that I made decent runs today but got fuck all service off my wide man.

Lescott - cannot deal with the ball if it comes in at any other height than one he can head it at. How he was ever classed as a LB baffles me as he has no pace or distribution skills.

Kolarov - Shit.

Yaya - will have to do more than score the winner at Wembley to impress me, today he looked as unfit as ever. Held it up well at times, and had a couple of bursting runs, but did anyone see second half when he was playing DM after Barry had come off, he had a bursting run into the West Ham box, took a tumble, and took about 5mins to get back in position?

A few seasons back SWP would have been our main man in a game like that, he would have done a much better job than Johnson today, and I also think he has a better partnership with Balotelli than AJ.

Thought Milner did well when he came on, some nice balls, good work rate, and he offers something which Barry doesn't in attacking play so why he has been second to that lad all season is a little bizzare to me.

Anyway great result, I'm just a little disappointed that the players aren't all chomping at the bit with the lure of CL football and an FA Cup final.

ON A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NOTE

I'm sure many of you are aware of the anti-Munich chanting campaign that I set up on facebook the other day. Recieved an email from the club responding to the one I sent them, but it wasn't really the response I was looking for to be honest, I'll post it below. If anyones got any other ideas then give us a shout - the Yaya Munich chant popped up at the start of the match in the singing section but the South Stand quickly drowned it out, they taught the boys in the singing section a lesson today in more ways than one, credit to them!

Last edited by gratedbean on Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate Empty Re: I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate

Post by gratedbean Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 pm

"Dear Ben,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the situation and are currently looking into this.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Amt
Supporter Services"

- Not really what I was looking for to be honest! The bloke who runs the disabled supporters club has put a mention in their newsletter this month which is more the response I was after really.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate Empty Re: I think Adam Johnson is my pet hate

Post by bellyblue Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Typical answer, dosn't fill you with much hope.. but i suppose they are looking into it, whatever that means, glad to here the "Zoo" area was drowned out but think we have the problem more at away games. Keep up the good work mate you have lots of support and it has gathered momentum throughout, not just on web sites but to genuine supporters spreading the word! By the way that area is where my lad sits with his mates, who is also anti Munich chants with his mates so it is getting through because even last week they was at Blackburn and come home disapointed in some of our support and mentioned how we need it stopping... lets keep it up and spread the word!!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Cheers belly! I'm in the tier above so get a good perspective on things. Most of my blue mates sit in that section, and unfortunately I know a few of them join in with these chants, I'd give them a slap if I was out with them and they started that. Not sure what the reports were after the game of fans booing the players off, I didn't hear any of that, but three points, job done, next match I suppose!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun May 01, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm with you Grated. Fucknose why Bobby plays AJ from the start every week. He'd be far better off giving Sweep 45 mins & then bringing AJ on in the 2nd half to do his stuff. Trouble is he only has 1 way of playing & defenders can suss this out in the 1st half. In the 2nd half they will still suss it out but will be too knackered to catch him
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon May 02, 2011 12:46 am

Exactly, it's a no brainer to me - some games it works having this narrow midfield set up, some games we need width, but he only ever seems to take the narrow approach, with one natural winger in the team... He's certainly got the players at his disposal to set up a strong side either way.

If he adopted the usual midfield we saw today, then at half time if things aren't going to plan, put Johnson on the left, Sweep on the right, Silva in the central role he thrives in, Yaya off in an oxygen tent, and the usual 2 DMs on. Johnson just hasn't impressed me when he's played from the start so far, he seems to spend most of the game with a lost look on his face and I do think Wrighty and Balotelli look like they are more on the same wavelength, displayed some nice link up play at Wembley the other week.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 am

Grated I think early on it showed why Mancini picks him. when he cuts inside it leaves space for Zab or Micah to widen the attack down the flank and add an extra option. Similar to Korolov down the left flank, the problem being that Korolov hasnt the attacking flair of Zab or Micah.

Its basicly about triangles, Zab, Johnson, silva or Korolov, Silva Toure, linking into a Silva, Toure, Balotelli central triangle.

thats how I see it anyway.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 am

Grated Bean - you are very critical of somebody every week. Nobody was outstanding today - the difference was that we got 3 pts. Not having a go at you but you need to think a bit more positive lad. Very Happy

It was a nailbiter though.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon May 02, 2011 7:52 am

I am positive Wensdi - we're in a much better position at this stage of the season, with the possibility of surpassing the expectations that I had at the start of the season. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that with only a handful of games left, and the lure of CL football and an FA Cup final, the players aren't really walking out onto the pitch raring to go, just seem happy to scrape through and get points onto the board - which at the end of the day is all you can ask for, but I think I'd be a bit more hyped up if I was in their position! I think in the past couple of games we've just been lucky that we have been playing teams with little/no attacking threat, otherwise it could have been a very different story. But yeah in my opinion it wasn't really a performance worthy of praise yesterday, Zaba, Milner, Hart, NDJ, Silva all had decent games.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

Wensdi. Don't be silly. We are City fans. We find it hard to do positive

I'm still waiting for us to fuck it up. We have 3 unbelievably tough games coming up. Everton away, Spuds at home & then the Cup Final. If we win those 3 games I will be happy for the rest of my life
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Tony - I know that - believe me I watched it peeping between my fingers and suffered the usual anxiety. Im talking about being down on different players every week. Seems like first it was Ya Ya and Dzeko and then Barry and Ya Ya and Lescott and ALWAYS Kolarov. Now its AJ.

Balotelli excluded - he has a lot to prove.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon May 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Yeah Wensdi but I agree to a certain extent. No one ever slags off Vince, Zabba, NDJ, Tevez or Silva because they put in 100% every game
Ya Ya is not fit, he fades after an hour in just about every game. How can that be?
Barry puts in the effort, he is slow & does his best so I can't really criticize him but I think we should be looking for someone to replace him or using Milner a lot more
Lescott for me has been the most improved player this season. I'm really pleased for him & personally think he is better than Kolo
Dzeko has not had enough games to be criticized. Hopefully next season he will be the PL's top scorer
AJ is a good player but he is a bit of a one trick pony. I'd rather see him come on for the last 1/2 hour when defences are knackered. Sweep played well when he came on aagainst the rags so I feel he should be given more minutes
Balotelli has been all mouth & attitude so far. OK he has improved in recent weeks but he should be producing a lot more
Kolarov has been pretty poor I have to admit. I will give him a bit longer as well though. If he works on his positional play, his tackling, his heading, his passing, his crossing, his running back & his shooting he could become a good player !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Definately better as a sub at the moment but he does track back and takes defenders out of the game with his sheer presence which is always good.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Strange that we can all see he's better as a sub but the management have been blind to yaya being fucked after an hour every week too.
And someone obviously thinks kolorov is a left back?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I was one of Yaya's biggest critics but since his role has become more defined he seems to have improved no end.

I don't think Kolarov has what it takes to become a top PL Left Back.

Still think Balotelli is a complete arse, I was embarrased yesterday when he feigned being hit in the face and his finishing is nothing to write home about either. I wish we'd given Guidetti as many chances.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm

I still stand by my opinion of Yaya in the first few games that he does have the potential to be one of the best in the League, in his role, but only if he improves his fitness. He is not a striker, so there is no reason that he should be a complete passenger in defensive play. It's no coincidence that he fades for large periods of the game, and this is when the opposition come on at us. That has been a persistant problem I have had with him this season, and so I have criticised him throughout the season.

Johnson has not impressed me when he has played from the start, whether he scores or not, it annoys me that his first instinct is to take a player on or go for goal, his second instinct is to look for a pass.

The less said about Kolarov the better, that lad was picked out by Mourinho as a potential target pre-World Cup, madness.

Lescott has been poor right up until Kolo was taken off the scene, luckily he's upped his game since then, but I haven't really given him much praise as I don't think he's been particularily outstanding, has just done a job. Good in the air, but a ball at any other height and he kacks himself.

Dzeko needs the summer to integrate himself into the squad, I still have faith he will come good, but not this season.

I haven't really knocked Barry much, I just wish we'd had more of a chance to see Milner in that role than we have done.

And that's my opinion on those players, apologies, but being a City fan has made me somewhat of a pessimist at a young age!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm

If you'd seen the likes of Gerry creaney and adie mike in a blue shirt,you would be a little less pessimistic.I'd bin kolorov immediately and play zabaleta at left back and play Milner at right back until Richards is fit.Klingon and a ball at his feet are just total strangers,watch Joe Hart he won't roll the ball to him and ends up dithering with it.If we play Djecko then sweep and Johnson should be told to get to the byline to feed him with crosses and not constantly cut in.
And Balotelli is one game away from being a cunt again
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down