Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyToday at 4:10 am by atlblue

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Thursday Gossip from the club EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip from the club

5 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip from the club Empty Thursday Gossip from the club

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 9:20 am

One down, one to go. The media can't get enough of Champions-League-bound City with an FA Cup Final around the corner too, and Micah Richards fits the bill nicely this morning.

Some commentators are unable to see past the pound signs in the Blues' success story, so Micah's comments are just the job to keep the story ticking along in the back pages.

While there's more to this season than cash, of course, Kevin Francis declares for his Daily Star readers: "Micah Richards believes Manchester City have proved that money can buy success."

Top boxing man Kev always punches his weight, and he knows how to tell a tale while making sure the key quotes get a proper airing, so he continues:

"Richards says City’s masterplan of spending big is now paying off handsomely for the world’s richest club after they claimed a Champions League spot.

"To underline the club’s emergence as a force to be reckoned with, City are also in Saturday’s FA Cup Final against Stoke.

"Richards played a starring role in the 1-0 win over Tottenham on Tuesday which secured the all-important fourth spot in the table to seal Champions League football next season for the first time in the club’s history.

And the defender said Roberto Mancini’s men were delighted to have proved their critics wrong. “A lot of people were putting us down and saying we weren’t good enough to reach the Champions League,” said Richards.

“But we proved people wrong when we got that result against Spurs and we are delighted to have done it. We are not stupid. We hear what people say. They are always having a go at us for spending money.

“But look at us – it’s worked. People are always saying that the team spirit is not good, but I see the boys in the changing room and it’s unbelievable."

In a seamless segue, The Punch of Nigeria picks up, like the rest of the interweb, on the possibility that "Roberto Mancini could attempt to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic this summer as he builds a squad for the UEFA Champions League."

They point out that "with uncertainty surrounding the future of Carlos Tevez, and Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko failing to meet expectations, a striker could be a target."

Not sure about that last bit, guys, but the game is all about opinions (copyright all TV pundits).

At tribalfootball.com they reckon that "Real Madrid will battle Serie A clubs for Carlos Tevez.

"Mancini admitted this week that Tevez fancies a move to Italy this summer, where Inter Milan and Juventus are keen. However, Real hope to convince City ... by including players in their offer.

"TMW says Real are prepared to offer midfielder Sergio Canales and Lassana Diarra as part of a cash-plus-players swap for Tevez. Real believe City rate Tevez in the £35million class."

Sounds a bit on the low side to us, chaps ...

lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip from the club Empty Re: Thursday Gossip from the club

Post by shakencity Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 am

They rate Tevez at £35m, yet Inter want atleast £45m for Eto'o. If that's the case Tevez is worth over £50m imo.
The only person at Real i'd swap Tevez for is Ronaldo (but he wouldn't come anyway).

According to the BBC this morning City want Xavi and Rodwell, i actually think those 2 would fit in very well. Find a couple of defenders and a forward aswell (not Ibrahimovic) next season could be very good indeed.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Tevez won't go for less than £50 million. If Etoo at his age is worth £45 million, Carroll is worth £30 million, Torres £50 million & Ronaldo £80 million Tevez has to be worth at least £50 million

Ibrahimovic would be a shit signing. No better than Adebayor

Xavi would be amazing but he's getting on a bit so what about a cheeky bid for Nasri or even Wilshere
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 pm

TMG I'm not sure if there will be something in his contract about having to listen to offers, then again I'm not sure we have to sell either if we did listen. I cant see him going to Chelsea no matter whats being said so its either Inter, Juve or Madrid imo.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu May 12, 2011 2:18 pm

He'd be mad going to Juve. Don't think they'll make CL.

Inter or Madrid possibly but if he's got any sense he will see that City are aiming to be up there with the likes of Barca, Man U , Inter & Real so he should stay

Before jumping he should see who we are going to sign as well because he could have the likes of Xavi & Sneijder to play alongside at City every week
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 2:21 pm

TMG, i'm not 100% convinced that he's in charge, he trusts his agent, the one named after a dodgy car, so if he wants a 20% cut of a transfer its who will pay the most.
I'm not sayng Tevez doesnt care if he plays CL or not, just that his agent cares more about his fee
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Imagine you are Tevez.

Your club has just qualified for the CL. Fast forward 4 weeks - and you have an FA Cup winners medal.

The club announce the pre-summer signing of Sneijder, Xavi, Ramos, Puyol and Sanchez.

Would that be enough to make you stay, considering that Inter and Real Madrid CANNOT afford £250k per week wages, which means a lump sum signing on fee of £5m after your dodgy agent has taken his cut, but wages nearing the £140k per week over the next 4 years?

Alternatively, you can stay at City for another season on the £250k per week, play in the CL, possibly win the PL, have a crack at CL glory and then assess the next season 2012/13 still at 28-29 years of age!!

If Tevez is that thick that he will listen to Kia - then he is getting the shitty end of the deal!

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu May 12, 2011 7:18 pm

The problem is i think Tevez IS that thick, Kia has him wrapped round his little finger.

Tevez should hang fire and see who City sign pre-season, he may just be impessed enough to stay.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 12, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree shaken. Why not wait?

I think he will have sounded out potential suitors, and lets face it - he wouldn't look out of place in any of the top clubs in the world and that's saying something of a players ability - not many you can say that about.

Barca - easily has their work ethic and ability.
Madrid - better than any forward they have.
Inter - better than Eto.
AC - as above.
back to United - on a par with both Rooney and Hernadez's form.

who else is out there that can offer more glory?

None of them can pay his wages - some could offer more potential silverware immediately................but if it is about the wages.....then it suggests that the best place for him now - is City.

I just don't get it. Money cannot be the reason for Tevez, only his agent.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu May 12, 2011 7:50 pm

He is 27 now, he is at the age where realistically, this will be his last huge transfer fee that he would command and his twat of an agent knows this. Another couple of seasons down the line and his value would be halved if not more, so the greedy slave trader is after one last pay day before he is no longer any worth to him and will then move on to the next big thing, maybe leaving Carlos with what could have been.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Tevez said in January that he trusts his agent and that he wouldnt be were he is today without him. Its as simple as that really, Tevez IS loyal, he gives his everything to the club he plays for because of that loyalty. Unfortunately that loyalty too his long time agent is the thing that guides him over a nebulous though loyal attachment to a club.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah - but if we look at the alledged swap bollocks banded around - Eto/Xavi?

I think he can still be 29 and get in the region of £20-30m.

£35m if Carroll is worth that, £35m if Torres is worth £50m?

Neither of the above are worth their fee...Tevez must be worth £40m+.

Agents!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 pm

There's nothing wrong in showing loyalty to his agent lee, but surely he's not daft enough to have no input whatsoever in any potential transfers.

Surely Tevez can say "look kia, now City are in the CL, let's just see who they approach and sign BEFORE you offer me to whoever can afford us....i mean me".
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down