Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Some perspective. EmptyToday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
Some perspective. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Some perspective. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Some perspective. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Some perspective. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Some perspective. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Some perspective. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Some perspective. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Some perspective. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Some perspective. EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Some perspective.

+3
TMG
Admin
BoyWithTheArabsCash
7 posters

Go down

Some perspective. Empty Some perspective.

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Right, lets get one thing straight, we're all pissed off about yesterdays performance and result. For me the most dissapointing thing was the performance, as i don't think i have seen us play that mediocre for a long time. We need to be winning our home games, but a draw to an in form Fulham side, who are unbeaten in the league during February, is'nt the end of the world.

One thing that did piss me off more than anything on the pitch yesterday was the booing at full time. I pride myself at our support, we have always shown our support and love we have for our great club through our often self deprieciating humour and our undying loyalty, even when we have been at our lowest. Thats what being a City fan has been all about for me, i'm not old enough to have personally witnessed us winning any silverware, but i wouldn't change the last 30 plus years of following them all over for anything. For me, we have the greatest supporters going and it is with this, that the booing yesterday upset me most.

Are we becomming like the likes of United and Arsenal fans, where their arrogance at expecting their teams to steamroller everyone in site, clouds their judgement and perspective to the point of shear narrow mindedness?

I really hope that was just a glich and we all get behind our team because we have always been a glass half full set of fans and we have to realise that our objectives as a club, are not going to happen over night..We all know that we are far from the finished article, so we as fans need to be patient. I haven't seen so much negativity about a game, than i have today. I know it wasn't good, but try as City fans, to find a bit of perspective and get behind the team. CTID
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Some perspective. Empty Re: Some perspective.

Post by Admin Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Collection of simpleton Plastics I suspect mate.

Knocks me sick when our fans boo.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I never boo either. I think it's just frustration from some fans.
It really wasn't a good performance & most of these players earn more in a week that we all do in a year so we expect a little bit more passion, a little bit more effort & an ounce of fucking pride
In the end I was happy with a point because we could have easily lost the game but we can't afford any more shit performances like that
Must admit I fear more of the same for us on Wednesday unless we get Silva De Jong & VK back in time
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Don't get the booing thing myself, never have and never will do it myself.

Every fan of every team (not just City) will experience games at home when they feel it's a home banker but somehow contrive to blow the opportunity, mainly due to a frustrating performance and not bad luck.

City played well below the standard expected but it happens, they still came out of it with a point though, the aim is to make up for the dropped points with 3pts in the next game.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:10 pm

I think it's an age thing. The lads who go in the singing sections slag off other parts of the ground for not trying to create more of an atmosphere but they were the ones booing yesterday. I probably sound like an old bastard because I can't be arsed singing anymore unless I'm at an away match and I've had a couple of beers but harking back to my youth in the Kippax, I did sing my nuts off for 90 minutes but never once booed despite watching some dreadful players and some devastating defeats.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 pm

I knew we had played shite yesterday when my mate said to me he thought Lescot had been our best player.

I know we all get our fair share of dickhead fans, but i just don't get the booing your own team shit. Yeah, i wasn't happy and i suspect the players know they were shit, but really, will booing help?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:39 pm

It's embarrassing when our fans boo the players off and we get slated for it on 606.

I was watching the game on TV yesterday as I am a cunt, and the commentators were slating us for having such a poor atmosphere at the ground. It all comes down to that old thing 'do the fans lift the players or the players lift the fans', and you have to say it's probably a bit of both. Didn't look like there were any Fulham fans there on the TV, and our style is usually banter between the away fans rather than just singing about how fantastic we are for 90mins.

But there is something lacking at Eastlands, I used to sit in the family stand when we just moved there and that was silent (granted was under Stuart Pearce!), now sit above the singing section and it's better there, but it does take something to really get the whole crowd going.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm afraid watching Gareth Barry and Yaya slowly pass the ball sideways or back won't get any crowd going,other than the aris boys who I think were on day release from the Greek version of prestwich psychiatric unit.
It doesn't help when the vacant away end is in between the singing sections so no banter with them to provide relief from the tedious football on display
Surprised by the booing tbh as by christ I've seen an awful lot worse.
Gone from starting to think about weekends away in Dublin and London to shitting it about villa at home
Yeah thanks city,will it ever change
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't go in for this booing thing either. I do understand an individual wishing to express disatisfaction - but I doubt booing has ever had a positive effect on anybody.

I'm a big believer in fan power. I actually do believe fans can change the course of a game. I've seen players feed off the noise, grow with it. So, the shitter it is on the pitch, the more effort should be made off it.

This is where 'The Poznan' could come in handy. See, I think it's being used wrongly. I don't think it's a celebration. Remember Man Yernitid when they hijacked 'Bright Side Of Life' and used it as taunt when they were twatting opponents. The original exponents of the chant (can't recall who it was) used it for self-mockery, when the going was grim. Typical of Yernited to twist it into arrogance.

Now, by no means am I suggesting 'The Poznan' is arrogant or has been twisted; I'd just like to see it used to generate atmosphere during games as dull as the one yesterday, get that going constantly until the crowd lifts. Once the atmosphere's up, that transfers onto the pitch. Well, that's the theory anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Only thing is not everyone joins in. The sections of the crowd that participate are the same ones that chant. Namely - around the away fans.

Like I said earlier, I used to sit on the opposite side of the away fans and it's pretty dead there, you only get a bit of noise when the team are playing well.

I think there's still a bit of frustration in the stands at times, we're in that unfortunate teething period as we attempt to push to the very top. Maybe when we get through this stage and we are more comfortable/ relaxed we will start enjoying the games more. Then again, we are City, will we ever have the simple pleasure of enjoying the matches...

Anyway I vote bring in mass inflatables, make it a party atmosphere! Always think it would look better if we have banners all over the sides aswell
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:09 pm

It's also up to the team to help create atmosphere. Yesterday, everyone round me was tense and generally pissed off yet when we went 4-1 up against Wolves everyone was doing the Poznan. I sit in Level 3 of the CB so there's not a great deal of singing going on but people still get behind the team and feel it just as badly when they are underperforming.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 am

I agree that the team creates the atmosphere too, as the players perform and look interested then so do the fans.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down