Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

Nijinsky

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Looking for Holiday places/suggestions.

+7
Boris
Razinho
TMG
shakencity
Paulpowersleftfoot
Admin
BoyWithTheArabsCash
11 posters

Go down

Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. Empty Looking for Holiday places/suggestions.

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 pm

As the title says, we are having to re-book our chosen holiday to Mexico in June, due to Mrs BWTAC getting cold feet about visiting there, with her concerns, through stories and general info she has read, about the state, or lack of, medical care in that country. This is due to our little one becoming ill and requiring medical treatment on the past 2 holidays we have had, so we are looking for an alternative destination a little nearer to home.

I am putting this out to see if anyone has any reccomendations about destinations and hotels, as we have to book by next weekend and need some ideas fast.

We usually like to try a new place, but would be willing to go back anywhere if there was a top hotel, or different resort you may think we'd like. We would be looking for somwhere where there is stuff for kids, but not overrun with them, usually these days all inclusive, but doesn't have to be, but we do like nice accomodation usually 5 star and within walking distances to local amenities/attractions.

So i am throwing it open to you lot to see if you can give some decent shouts about places you have visited and i will check them out.

Thanks in advance.

BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. Empty Re: Looking for Holiday places/suggestions.

Post by Admin Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 pm

I usually alternate betweem Wales and Japan mate.

So sorry for replying with 2 pointless possibilities lol!!

Hope your OK mate by the way, Im shitting it for Wed night!

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Looking for Holiday places/suggestions. Empty Re: Looking for Holiday places/suggestions.

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Cheers Vince, i'm fine, just a bit of a bad head today after drowning my sorrows last night, not looking forward to Weds myself. How are you fella, good weekend?

Mrs BWTAC cancelled it all yesterday, so if we don't re-book with the same company by next week, we''ll lose the best part of a grand. Just seeing if anyone comes up with a diamond, you never know.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Yea mate, I bit down about Frank to be honest, work is an unwanted extra today for my brain, can't get my shit together.

Been working out how to tell the kids when the moment comes, as they have never lost a pet!!

Stressfull weekend and City annoyed me but not too bad pal thanks.

I will have a ganders, anywhere in mind, rough idea??

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Never easy Vince, it took me ages to get over my dog going, only a few years ago. When you've had them so long, they are an important part of the family, but kids are a bit more resiliant than us.

We are up for going anywhere mate, not long haul though, somewhere warm that serves alcahol will do me. Been practically everywhere around the Med, but all suggestions, especially for decent hotels, will be gratefully recieved.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I can recommend the Elysium in pathos Cyprus
Really classy place without the 5star stuffiness you get in some places
Pretty sure it was 5 star but excellent place nonetheless
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Boy,

Me, the Mrs and the little un (who's Cool have been to Turkey for the last 4yrs and can't recommend it enough. People seem to have this bad perception for some reason but the country imo is brill.

We always stay in 5* AI too and the hotels are top draw with plenty to do for kids. We normally go to an area called Side (pronounced sea-day) landing in Antalya which has been superb, this year we're off to Lara Beach hotel in the lara beach area in June (check it out).

Overall, top hotels with plenty going on for everyone, decent food and the weather good too fella. Please don't be put off the country by any horror stories. Have a top time where ever you end up going.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm

That should have read (who's 8, not smiley face) at the top.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Cheers PPLF, will check it out.

shakencity, no way mate, thats the Hotel we went to last year. If you want any info, let me know.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Shaken I too have been going to Turkey for the last few years. Weather is fucking amazing, food & drink excellent, beaches quality. Everythings pretty cheap coz they are not yet in the Euro (altho it is accepted) & I find the people very friendly. I have a penthouse duplex appt out there if anyone is interested give me a shout

Last edited by TMGBlue - The Explosive O on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : What the fuck has it got to do wi you. I just did right !)
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Boy,

You're getting me worried now mate. What was wrong with it?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Where abouts is your apartment TMG? While we were there last year, hell of a lot of building work going on and from what i saw, you can pick them up at a fraction of what you'd pay in Spain
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes you're right. It's in a place called Altinkum about an hour from Bodrum, Went halves with a mate £25000 each but you can pick up a 2 bed place for about 25 grand
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Haha, where do i start???

Only kidding mate, we had a great time there last June. They were building a massive new hotel next door (no disturbance) and it looked amazing and will be open now. We checked out a couple of the others along the way like the Titanic and Royal Wings, although they look more impressive, we didn't like them as much as the Lara.

They cut the all inclusive at midnight sharp, but to be fair, no one much about at that time.

Let me know any questions you have.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Cheers fella,

My daughter's always falling asleep before 11ish, so i never get to see midnight. Yeah we've actually checked out the Royal Wings and Titanic too (Concorde aswell), but i'll review things when i book for next year in April.
I actually asked the travel agent about building work when i booked and they said there were none.......friggin lying toads.

Can you recommend anywhere for next year fella?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Shaken, shouldn't be any building work now. Like i said, although it doesn't look as impressive, it more that makes up for it in other departmants. The food is excellent, make sure you go down for a fresh pizza at lunch near the beach. We stayed mainly around the kids pool (mine being 4 at the time) and you could usually always get a bed. The slides are good fun.Just make sure you get a room with a pool/sea view. No waiters, so you have to get off your arse every time you wanted a drink. Bar staff all very friendly if you take the time to speak to them, there were a lot of ignorant gets that treat them as servants. We went into Antalya, really nice and worth a trip.Not much around the hotel and can be a rip off.

Only negatives were getting a clean table in the main restraunts at peak times.Also the shops in the hotel are extortionate and avoid the people that are doing the professional photography, other than that, you should have a great time.

We were supposed to be going to Mexico, its not much more than Turkey and its supposed to be amazing, have a look for next year if you fancy spreading your wings a bit further.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Cheers for the heads up mate,

I've been to Mexico twice, Cancun and Playa Car/Playa del Carmen (i think it's called). Cancun (went with an ex) was fabulous with so much going on both inside and outside the hotel complex (we even had waiter service on the beach....total luxary or what) and we met some great people out there. Went to Playa Car with the Mrs (before little un was born), it was much quieter but the beaches and hotel were fantastic, plenty of nearby towns to visitand explore. If it wasn't for the 8hr flight i'd go back again, loved the country though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Has anyone been to Croatia/Montenegro? If so, any info would be appreciated.

So far, i think Cyprus is the front runner, my suggestion of Ibiza didn't go down too well with Mrs BWTAC. But feel free to give any more suggestions.Cheers.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Razinho Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I went to Antalya last year to the Nashira and it was phenomenal. I got two weeks all inclusive for 615 and it was just a brilliant couple weeks!

I went to Pula in Croatia about 5 years ago and it was really good. In saying that my parents have been returning since about 2003 and they've been enjoying it less everytime, the price of everything has been steadily increasing along with the holiday makers. I suppose if you're all inclusive you wouldn't be incurring so many costs but its definitely something to look at!

Razinho
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Cheers Razhinho, do you know the names of decent hotels out there? From what i've looked at so far, they all seem to be of around the same standard, just if you know one that stands out a bit. Cheers.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Ooo check Daz out, looking to go all '5 STAR'

You snob. Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't type fast.)

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:27 pm

I always go 5 star
It's the only way to get away from scousers
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Vince, i don't like mixing with the great unwashed.

I've been called many things, but a snob isn't one of them. Laughing
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Went to Vietnam a few weeks ago and loved it, about the same flying time as Cancun as well. Brilliant people, child-friendly, everyone speaks English, places of interest and great beaches, great weather and cheap as fuck
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Inky, my nephew has been there recently and absolutely loved it.

The thing is the Mrs is being a tad over protective with our daughter at the mo, with her having a couple of health issues, so even though i'd love to go, i think she wants something more European, but thanks.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 pm

How old's your daughter?
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 pm

She's 5 mate.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Not an obvious choice but Lisbon is one of my favourite places. Fabulous city with decent beaches and the security of good medical facilities which I can vouch for as I got struck down with Pneumonia last time I was there. Very Happy
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Cheers mate, i'll check it out, we always like to be somewhere with a bit of life, so that sounds as though its defo worth a look. We used to do loads of City breaks when it was just the two of us and Lisbon was on our list to visit funnily enough.

Does it come under the Silver Coast?

Last edited by BoyWithTheArabsCash on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why do you want to know?)
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 pm

http://www.capodimontesorrento.com/

Sorrento - beautiful place - stayed at this hotel and you can catch a boat to Capri. The wife will love the shops!!

Amalfi Coast as well.

http://www.eurobookings.com/italy-it/reservations-amalfi-hotels.html?label=ggeben_amalfi%20hotels&gclid=CK_E24y9sKcCFUco3wodIEywCA

Nerja and Frigiliana in Spain are beautiful. Rented Villas in both places more than once. Great for the family, with your own pool, etc....hire car usually included.

As i work in aviation, we used Sovereign Villas for Majorca, which is now Meon Villas (got them cheaper through using concessions, but still not too pricey at full price).......but check out a couple we have used before:

http://www.meonvillas.co.uk/villa/MV199

http://www.meonvillas.co.uk/villa/MV215

Anyway, if l/haul is what you want, let me know and i can recommend a few more.

Who had the apartment in Turkey? Might look at Turkey for later in the year.

Good luck fella.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 pm

What about Latvia? Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 am

blueboy, thanks for the info and links, will check them out.

But you can stick Latvia up your arse. Laughing
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:45 am

Latvia? I spent a very enjoyable day in Riga but I'd only go there for a family holiday if I didn't like my family.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

BWTAC

just look a bit further north and try San Diego, probably the best city in the usa, laid back mexican type atmosphere, sea world, Great culture and zoo, good beaches as well. Highly recomend it.....

Dear Mr Schwatzepersonwhatever please can I have a couple of free tickets to San Diego as I am acting as a cultural ambasadore for you...well it could work Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:18 pm

You can get amazing deals on 5 star hotels in Tunisia and Egypt just now Laughing
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Boy,
Did you get sorted in the end fella?

Off to Lara Beach in 3wks, i told the Mrs what you'd said about it and my life's been hell since, so cheers. Only joking.
After a hellish few months (family wise), it can't come soon enough. Cool
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon May 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Couldn't decide, so split it up and booked 2!

Going to Santa Eiluea in Ibiza in June and Cyprus in October. Been wanting to go back to Ibiza, the last time was years ago with the lads and there are some beautiful places there. Never been to Cyprus, so we thought we'd give it a go.

Mate, you'll love the Lara Beach, sounds like just what you need, dead chilled out and lots for your little girl to do and the pools and slides are great. Food fantastic, especially the themed nights, such as Turkish night, where they all dress up in traditional gear and serve great Turkish food.

Damn it, i wish i was going now.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Where you going in Cyprus?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Ibiza and Cyprus, 2 places i've never actually been. A few friends have had good things to say about Ibiza but for some reason i've never fancied it, you'll have to give us an insight mate. Booked for Turkey next june already (Alba Queen in Colakli), so might look to get a cheeky week away in Sept/Oct 12 if worth a look.

Enjoy your jollies Boy Cool
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 pm

PPLF, to be honest, i don't know exactly, we are going with friends and they have sorted it out, i think its Limmasol, but i'll find out the hotel and let you know, see if you know it?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Santa Eulelia - nice and quiet, one of the more chilled out areas away from the crowds. Get a trip up to Portinax in the North - fantastic coves, beaches etc.

Have a great time - love Ibiza, not the partying side as much these days, but the Old Town is gorgeous.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 17, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm doing a week in Hereford/Brixham in July. cheers

One day in Manchester (last day) - look out Marks & Sparks
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down