Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

TMG

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Who watched The Professional? EmptyToday at 11:01 am by Nijinsky

» Nijinsky tips
Who watched The Professional? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Who watched The Professional? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Who watched The Professional? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Who watched The Professional? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Who watched The Professional? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Who watched The Professional? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Who watched The Professional? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Who watched The Professional? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Who watched The Professional? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who watched The Professional?

Go down

Who watched The Professional? Empty Who watched The Professional?

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Professionals star Lewis Collins dies
Who watched The Professional? _71400724_rexfeatures_professionals

The Professionals star Lewis Collins has died aged 67, his agent has said.
The actor, who played Bodie in the cult 1970s TV series, alongside Martin Shaw, died in Los Angeles after a five-year struggle with cancer.
His agent said: "He died peacefully at his LA home surrounded by his family. Privacy is asked for at this very sad time."
The Professionals was based around the adventures of a fictional crime fighting unit called CI5.
The ITV show became huge hit in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Collins's other notable roles included SAS captain Peter Skellen in 1982's Who Dares Wins.
Who watched The Professional? _71400728_collinsvaulting_gettyCollins was quoted as saying Cubby Broccoli found him too "aggressive" to play Bond
Shaw, currently appearing in a West End production of 12 Angry Men, said he was saddened by the news of his co-star's death.
"We spent a very tough four years together in making the Professionals, and shared in the production of what has become an icon of British television," he said.
"He will be remembered as part of the childhood of so many people, and mourned by his fans. I send my love and condolences to his family, and the great many who will miss him."
Bond audition
Collins was born in May 1946 in Cheshire, and worked as a drummer and a hairdresser before breaking into acting.
Early work included roles in popular TV series such as Z Cars and The New Avengers, as well as a recurring role in The Cuckoo Waltz.
However, he became a household name with the debut of The Professionals in 1977, which ran for six years and won him a global following as hard man William Bodie.
Towards the end of The Professionals, Collins played the lead in the British thriller Who Dares Wins, as an SAS soldier who infiltrates a terrorist group.
Who watched The Professional? _71399638_lewiscollins_getty Collins eventually moved to Los Angeles where he ran a successful computer business
Around this time, he auditioned for the role of James Bond: "I was in Albert R Broccoli's office for five minutes, but it was really over for me in seconds," he is reported to have said.
"He's expecting another Connery to walk through the door and there are few of them around."
Unlike his co-star, Collins was never able to match his success in The Professionals.
He continued working across the '80s and '90s and was last seen on screen in 2002 in The Bill.
Former Doctor Who star Colin Baker tweeted: "Sad to hear that Lewis Collins has died. He was the year below me at drama school. Had style!"
Brian Conley, who co-starred with Collins in the 1999 TV series The Grimleys, also paid his respects: "God bless Lewis Collins, my dad in The Grimleys. A great actor and a lovely man."
"The man who should have been Bond," tweeted Gary Kemp. "RIP Lewis Collins. You were supercool."
Collins leaves his wife, Michelle - whom he married in 1992 - and three sons.
The Professionals is currently being re-run on ITV4.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down