Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

titbumwilly

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyToday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why does the media have to show grieving relatives?

3 posters

Go down

Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? Empty Why does the media have to show grieving relatives?

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 am

Just don't understand why they have to show relatives crying (I'm sure they are doing this without their permission)?

I haven't seen any tv coverage regarding the missing Malaysian Airline plane but the bbc website always shows pictures of relatives of the missing crying their eyes out. Why?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? Empty Re: Why does the media have to show grieving relatives?

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 am

It's normal Dawg...always has been for decades. Not agreeing with it, but by showing the grief can sometimes drive airlines/regulatory authorities to release more information due to the pressure of the images/interviews.

Aviation is my career...part of that is investigating aircraft accidents as case studies to learn lessons from for future training....and I agree, it is harrowing to watch sometimes and I've seen some terrible footage of parents arriving in terminal buildings, only to be told their loved one was on the plane...none more upsetting than the mother arriving in a US airport and learning about Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why does the media have to show grieving relatives? Empty Re: Why does the media have to show grieving relatives?

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 pm

This incident just gets weirder and weirder.

I just cannot see the plane being taken to Indonesia, landing it, keeping 239 pax and crew hostage and no spy satellites can pick it up.

My own personal opinion is that there may have been a catastrophic fire that has incapacitated the crew and pax and burnt through communication systems.

The plane turning back may have been the pilots trying to return the plane towards land in difficult conditions within the cockpit.

There is a previous case of this - Swissair 111 off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Still, what's baffling is the lack of ELT activity. It normally has a 32 day life span to send back signals to satellites...but nothing.

Very bizarre and I've never heard of anything like this.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 pm

But they say that the transponder was switched off (could be by fire or accident?) as well as ACARS. Mighty coincidence.

Also they say the power must have been on for a further 7 hours. Can't see how that happens if it has crashed (No ELT either).

Those planes are worth many many millions.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Dawg...all I know is that I've been investigating air crash incidents for over 15 years for case studies...and I've never heard of anything like this.
Transponders can be accidentally switched off...rare, but can happen.
ACARS is pretty much automatic and will send random data back to engineering bases or manufacturers. They are not really giving any real evidence of what data was received.

You can't switch off the integral ELT...it's part of the aircraft system and built in...but if it crashed, you would expect any impact of the structure to activate it...odd again.

The 7 hours thing....again, they are not saying why exactly they are coming to that conclusion. They seem to be relying on military radar 'pings'...but they cannot confirm for sure that was from the MH370.

An aircraft, with no assistance from ATC at night, would be extremely difficult to fly at 5000' to avoid radar. Also, if they are saying there was 7 hours of fuel on board...you burn significantly more fuel at that low altitude than you do at FL350...therefore, depending on how long it flew at such a low level, there's no way it could have a fuel reserve for 7 hours.
It would have been picked up by ground radar flying over land at altitude...so it's either;

amazingly flown at 5000' for a significant amount of time over land to avoid radar and the fuel would have lasted significantly less than 7 hours

or

it flew for a certain period of time at 5000', but then had to climb higher where ground radar would have picked it up and again, fuel supply would be less than 7 hours.

Odd...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:51 pm

It's hard to understand bluey. The 7 hours is the time they say the power was on for the satellite to ping the plane. At that point the power went off and no more pinging. 

If there was a catastrophic fire and they turned round, surely they would have crashed or made it back to land somewhere?

We don't have enough info to even speculate what's gone on.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Alien abduction? Embarassed 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:04 pm

The theft theory has some merit. One report I read said that the plane was being flown erratically, climbing to 45,000 feet way above the normal ceiling level and then it went down fast as well. Maybe this was to fight against any attackers or just a way to kill the passengers quickly and without risk to the hijackers.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:32 pm

blueboy wrote:Alien abduction? Embarassed 
I had a woman come up to me in Morrisons the other day and she said it was aliens. I said it's an option, then bailed out. Crazy theory. Why the hell would aliens hijack a plane? What would they learn? I mean, they've developed a propulsion system that enables them to travel vast interstellar distances, so what possible use could they have for Frank Whittle's oil burning design?

Maybe they thought it was some sort of convenience food, delivered directly to their spacecraft...

The likelihood is that there was a fault somewhere. No system is 100% foolproof - I deal with high availability systems all the time and it's amazing how something can just stop working for no earthly reason and bring the whole thing to its knees. It may well have been a catastrophic system-wide failure. I'm damn sure if it were still airborne that it would have appeared somewhere on an air traffic control radar and I'm damn sure a passenger jet flying at 5000 feet would've been spotted by at least one of the billion or so people living in SE Asia.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 pm

There have been several reported sightings with either bright light or the sound of a jet overhead in the early hours not in normal flying zones. This one will run and run.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Topdawg wrote:The theft theory has some merit. One report I read said that the plane was being flown erratically, climbing to 45,000 feet way above the normal ceiling level and then it went down fast as well. Maybe this was to fight against any attackers or just a way to kill the passengers quickly and without risk to the hijackers.

TBF....45000' isn't particularly high. Most 757/767 cruise between 39000-42000' depending on the flight corridor.
A deviation of 3000' isn't, in any way going to kill the passengers. Most at the stage of flight would have their seatbelts fastened anyway..."please keep your seatbelts fastened to avoid us disturbing you in-flight"...you've all heard it hundreds of times....and most do keep them fastened....though they did remove the 'loosely' fastened from the PA's...after passengers were injured entering CAT.

Since 9/11 we obviously have the secure flight deck door. The only way to breach it is by extremely poor safety practices...and god knows I've seen plenty of them as a passenger up the front of an aircraft...however, most airlines are very vigilant when it comes to flight deck security and follow standard protocols. Secure door codes etc...it makes no difference who knows it...you can even tell the passengers the normal/emergency code....as the pilots can override the key entry and lock the door down for 20 minutes anyway...

That leaves the potential company engineer, who was dead-heading in the cabin, who could quite easily have gained access with permission as an employee, or the pilots...and the evidence still doesn't stack up against them at this moment in time.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:59 pm

MH370 - Families to be taken to Australia. Families are told to expect the worse.

Objects to be retrieved in the next few hours.

All pointing to the fact they have found parts of MH370.

Next step, locate the black boxes.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm

MH370 - British Satellite Company has now confirmed the flight did turn South and it's flight ended in the area of the search in the Indian Ocean.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:04 am

Bad news but was to be expected after hearing nothing for so long.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down