Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Pep’s at it again
Gosip from the club...again EmptyToday at 3:07 pm by skyblueoz

» 23/24 Prediction League
Gosip from the club...again EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Gosip from the club...again EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Gosip from the club...again EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Gosip from the club...again EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Gosip from the club...again EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Gosip from the club...again EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Gosip from the club...again EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Gosip from the club...again EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Gosip from the club...again EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gosip from the club...again

4 posters

Go down

Gosip from the club...again Empty Gosip from the club...again

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

Carlitos steps back on to centre stage today - did he ever really go away? - but as the subject of a brilliant spread in the Daily Mail rather than the usual transfer speculation.

They sent Alex Kay to see Tevez in Buenos Aires, where he has launched a foundation for the needy kids of Fuerte Apache, the broken-down barrio where the City striker was raised.
Kay gets some valuable interview time with Captain Fantastic - there's a snap with the story to prove it - and if some of the quotes about the scar and the deprived upbringing seem familiar, the piece itself is a cracking, evocative read.
He finds the dilapidated former family home, "fenced off with barbed wire and seemingly abandoned.
"Within shouting distance of the house is a small football pitch, one goal broken in half, the ground covered in glass - the place where Tevez learned to play the game, where he dreamt of emulating his hero, Diego Maradona.
"‘We didn’t have football boots and we used a broken tennis ball instead of a football,’ he says, fondly. ‘I didn’t use a proper ball until I was 11. Street football is the greatest thing in the world. There is just you and your friends against the rest. If someone feels he has to stick a foot in your throat, he will.'"
The writer spots a ray of hope for Blues fans praying that Tevez starts next season here - at his golf day charity auction, a trip to watch Carlos play for City ...
"Except it turns out that Carlos still isn’t confirming where he will be playing. The Manchester City No 32 skilfully tap-dances his way through the obvious follow-up question.
"‘Yes, there is a prize to come over to Manchester to watch a game but that doesn’t mean anything. It could still change,’ he says. ‘Maybe the trip will end up being to somewhere else in Europe or to Argentina. I don’t know.
"'But for now I’ve got a contract with Manchester City, so that’s where the trip is to.’ Welcome to Manchester? Maybe. Or maybe not."
Kay catches Carlos at his golf day - "Tevez persuaded 80 people to pay $500 each to play ... at the luxurious Sofitel Cardales hotel on the outskirts of the city" - enjoying his "English" sport.
He quotes Tevez: "I wasn’t playing football when I arrived, I couldn’t speak or understand a word of English. It was cold out ... I needed a distraction and that’s how I took up golf. And today we played golf in the wet and cold — just like in Manchester!"
Not sure whether that last quote is a good sign or not ...
Meanwhile, Teamtalk.com are pretty sure Jerome Boateng will head back to Germany with Bayern Munich and they seem to have words from the man himself to back up their story.
They reckon he is "now desperate to secure a return to his native Germany" and quote the Boat: "It all still depends on the price. I would like to join Munich, they are the No.1 in Germany and are among the top six clubs in Europe.
"I am very confident and I hope it works out. It will become clear in the coming weeks. From my side everything is clear." Hmm, we'll have to see ...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Gosip from the club...again Empty Re: Gosip from the club...again

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 am

Boateng is a German international, can play a couple of positions and has huge potential for the future.

£25M please.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 am

Keep, he's better than the 2 players liverpool and United have signed and is the same age. His problem, like Balo's is that he's been injured at crucial times in the season. Unfortunately most jurnoes dont bother to do the research and keep saying they are not in favour. Its very hard to play a player with a ruptured ham string
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 am

i defo wouldn't let this guy go especially for the ridiculous amounts being bandied about.

we are in a strong position and can tell anyone to fuck off if we want to.

pay top whack or fuck off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Don't think Bobby likes him. Even when he was fit he hardly played him. Shame really coz he looked a good prospect & definitely would have made a good understudy or partner to VK

He'll play an absolute blinder when England meet Germany in the 1/4 finals of the European Championships - that's if we get there !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Has he recovered then TMG?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Lee - Carlos appears to have undergone a transformation recently. Don't know if its my imagination or not - but his teeth look better and love his new haircut - I know he'll never be traditionally handsome (like the majority of posters on here Basketball but he's much improved.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Wensdi I think its the new love interest who's molding him into someone who should fit nicely on a models arm Smile I have the same problem ......
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:47 pm

If only the new love interest was from Timperley - he wouldn't have any probs with Manchester then now wouldhe?

On your other thread - regarding signings, we seem to be fiddling while Rome is burning. Wesley's not coming and I haven't read where anyone else is interested in coming. Will we surprise everyone eventually with a good signing or two - or will we surpise ourselves and not sign anyone?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Good question wensdi, esp in light of not actually hearing anything about the alleged showdown between Cook/Marwood V Roberto at the Ali Pali. Mr Mancini wishes more cash and the bean counters said we had a good enough team and Bobby should manage and not spend.

Rumour has it that Mr M won but there is no sign of that in the transfer market.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 pm

You seem to be a man 'in the know' Lee Smile

Everybody and their mother thinks we will sign a boatload of players, but truth be told - we may make one or two purchases. Hope they prove to be good ones. We don't always need to sign super stars - a tweak here and a tweak there - there are plenty of promising players who we could tempt.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

No its called being obsesed wensdi, I just read every bit of gossip and recycle it as fact, I should have been ajourno for the red tops. I dont twitter however so that would go against me.

Rumour on JA606 is we have signed Gervinho....yes thats what I thought ..WHO!!!!!!
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Its very quiet on JA606 isn't it? Not many Blues on there - but a shed load of other teams' fans What a Face
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm

We are gaining ground wensdi, most of the people onhere are also on there now. I will continue to support Vinces site though and do what I was doing on 606 and double post on both
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:38 pm

i reckon we will 'only' spend £50-£60M this summer and that will be offset by getting rid of about 6-8 players to the tune of £25M-£30M.

We will be living more within our means and getting some high rollers off the wages.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down