Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyToday at 11:01 am by Nijinsky

» Nijinsky tips
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs

+2
blueboy
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs Empty FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:42 pm

That's the clubs from last year and this which means Utd. bag £200k which is just another crock of shit. When will UEFA punish those clubs that carry huge debt? Not in my lifetime...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs Empty Re: FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 pm

What did we really expect Dawg? It's Platini.

So, a club that tonight has posted MASSIVE profits...gets £200k ahead of some lower league club? It's not even a weeks wages for some players, but could pay a whole week/months wages for some.

He's nothing but a fucking twat-jockey!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs Empty Re: FFP fine shared amongst the CL clubs

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 pm

It's all BS and the world and his mother know it. I hope they lose the case and have to pay back damages for harming our chances of winning the CL this year.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:36 pm

So a club that's not even in it gets a slice of the fine?

Fucking bullshit.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2749982/Celtic-212-000-bonus-Manchester-City-fined-UEFA-breaching-FFP.html

So Celtic get their share....but what makes me laugh is the comment....

The deal was hammered out in talks between the European Clubs’ Association and UEFA with ECA chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge saying: ‘It was an agreement between UEFA and the clubs that it was money belonging to the clubs.’

How, in any way shape or form, does the money belong to the clubs in the CL? How?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am

Sounds to me like someone has a Robin Hood complex.  Rob from us and give to the "poor" teams.

I wouldn't care if the money was used within the league that the fined club came from, and that the league could apportion the money accordingly.  Our fine could be used to prop up the lower echelons of the FA, or perhaps be funneled into youth development projects.  I'd see that as an altruistic use of the fine.  But to hand it to our competitors (and the rags) after hamstringing us?  Surely that could be viewed as anti-competitive.  It's like telling Usain Bolt he can't run over a certain speed and then giving everyone else a 10 metre head start.  Where's the justice in that?  Same place as the justice that allows a club to borrow from banks, or steal their countries' wealth, but not use the owners own pockets, I guess...
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11085568/Manchester-United-Chelsea-and-Arsenal-to-be-awarded-slice-of-Manchester-Citys-FFP-fine.html

How come teams in this seasons CL will receive a similar amount?

As much as I can 'understand' teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags getting money when we were 'guilty' last season....our fine and reduced squad hands an advantage to teams this season - so why do they need to be compensated as well?

Also, I cannot believe that teams that are supposed to be so solvent and profitable, decide to take the money instead of offering it to grass roots football...unbelievable!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:37 pm

MAybe the rags will donate the money to a worthy cause? Shocked
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 pm

The dippers are taking it and using it to buy Gerrard some boots with studs in  Laughing
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 pm

This article in the Telegraph, makes it sound like any fine handed to this season's qualifiers will more likely come from this season's transgressors, so not necessarily us:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11085568/Manchester-United-Chelsea-and-Arsenal-to-be-awarded-slice-of-Manchester-Citys-FFP-fine.html

That said:
Clubs will also have a chance to argue any changes to FFP rules at a meeting with Uefa on Oct 13.

Uefa president Michel Platini said in a speech to the ECA yesterday: “The framework for Financial Fair Play must be dynamic, it must evolve constantly, which is why I have convened an important round table on the subject with your representatives at Uefa headquarters on Oct 13.

“We will see whether any imperfections can be ironed out and whether there is room to further improve the system.”

So, in theory, we could comply with the rules as they stand, but UEFA could just simply move the goalposts.  By calling it a "dynamic framework", they could change the rules and point to this to deny any unfairness.  Genius!
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Exactly Leo! any precedents set with us and PSG can be totally ignored if Man u or Liverpool fall foul because the  "dynamic framework" will have changed since last season.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 pm

And no doubt Arsenal will drive the change of rules for them to comply.  Like they always do.  Twats  Evil or Very Mad
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm

what happens if that legal challenge is successful will uefa have to pay the fine back, If so will they then go to all the clubs and get the money back, Now that would be funny as well as perfect justice.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Just heard on TS they were talking about the QPR issue....and saying that the PL will make the clubs give it to charity as they have already received payments from the PL...so shouldn't make any more money off the back of it, or, the PL will hold back any payments in future from the clubs if they don't.

1 - why charity and not grass roots football?

2- if they can do this, what's the reasoning behind UEFA allowing them to keep it?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

UEFA can do whatever they fancy. LFC should have been excluded this year too
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Don't be stupid Dawg...they've had enough injustices down the years... Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Have they Blue? It's funny, i've never heard them playing the sympathy card!!!
Sad
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 pm

titbumwilly wrote:Have they Blue? It's funny, i've never heard them playing the sympathy card!!!
Sad

You need to get out more then TBW.... Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Every season their chip gets bigger, and their whinging louder!
I thought it was disgusting last season that we didn't let them have the title that they so richly deserved.
I even heard it said recently that "Obviously City didn't win the league last season, they were given it by default because of some horrendous bad luck for Liverpool".
Apparently it was some anniversary last season, but Liverpool and Brenda had the good grace to stay dignified and not drag it up at every fookin opportunity!
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm

titbumwilly wrote:Every season their chip gets bigger, and their whinging louder!
I thought it was disgusting last season that we didn't let them have the title that they so richly deserved.
I even heard it said recently that "Obviously City didn't win the league last season, they were given it by default because of some horrendous bad luck for Liverpool".
Apparently it was some anniversary last season, but Liverpool and Brenda had the good grace to stay dignified and not drag it up at every fookin opportunity!

I thought they milked it?.....ahh, you're being ironic TBW. Laughing

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I don't do irony, i just take the piss Laughing
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Razz Razz
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 pm

titbumwilly wrote:I even heard it said recently that "Obviously City didn't win the league last season, they were given it by default because of some horrendous bad luck for Liverpool".
Hold on...  I thought we'd bought the league?  Is that not true any more?  Because if it's being gifted to us, maybe we don't need to spend any more money.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down