Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
Mondays gosip from the club EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Mondays gosip from the club EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Mondays gosip from the club EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Mondays gosip from the club EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mondays gosip from the club

2 posters

Go down

Mondays gosip from the club Empty Mondays gosip from the club

Post by lee1pen Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 am

It seems that the first big transfer issue of the summer has been settled - and in favour of European champions and everybody's football darlings Barcelona. Who'd have thought?

Most media outlets have Chile sensation Alexis Sanchez on his way from Serie A to the Nou Camp this morning, having been linked to half of Europe's top clubs in the last few weeks.
Here's Ian Herbert's take in The Independent: "In a development destined to send a chill through any clubs seeking to make up the gap on Barcelona, the European champions are likely to end Manchester City's pursuit of Udinese's Alexis Sanchez this week with a £32m move taking him to the Nou Camp.
"The rest of City's transfer plans had been on hold pending their pursuit of the Chilean forward, with chief executive Garry Cook leading negotiations last week.
"But City's £25m valuation of the 22-year-old has been matched by Barcelona, and the Catalans' willingness to offer a further £7m in performance-related add-ons allied to the striker's preference to join them is expected to seal the deal.
"A late £31m bid by Chelsea cannot be ruled out, but Gino Pozzo, who manages Udinese's transfer business for his father, club owner Giampaolo, is likely to favour Barcelona over City, Manchester United, Juventus and Internazionale.
"Pozzo had initially suggested that City were in the box seat for Sanchez, though that was before Udinese's series of meetings with interested clubs.
"City are unwilling to pay the usual £2m-£3m premium they are charged this summer and Barcelona are understood to have been the first club to meet the asking price."
Back home, Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers reckons his promoted side have a mountain to climb on their first day in the Prem, and he should know.
As Jamie Dunn reports on goal.com: "Rodgers has just completed a charity climb of Kilimanjaro, but is expecting an equally tough challenge when his side faces Manchester City on the opening day of the season.
"The newly-promoted Welsh side travel to Eastlands for their first Premier League fixture, which promises to be a difficult baptism in England's top flight.
"And Rodgers, who raised more than £15,000 on the charity climb, is eagerly anticipating the difficult and challenging campaign ahead.
“'That’s like climbing Kilimanjaro twice!' joked Rodgers, according to Wales Online. 'It’s incredible – I had climbed the highest free-standing mountain in the world and then I had a text that I had to go to Manchester City away.'"
Talking of walesonline.com, they run with a story that "Craig Bellamy is pleading with Manchester City to let him go on a free transfer".
They add that "the Welsh striker, who spent much of last season attempting to guide Cardiff to Premier League promotion, currently has a £4m price-tag slapped on his head."
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Mondays gosip from the club Empty Re: Mondays gosip from the club

Post by Topdawg Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

Bellamy seems like an ungrateful sod at the moment.

City let him go to Cardiff on loan last season which probably cost us over £2M in wages alone (depreciation probably cost us £3M more).

Now he wants to go for a free?

Why not just buy himself out of his contract if he so desperately wants to play for Cardiff?

He can certainly afford £4M.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 am

Thing is topdawg things like this should be done behind closed doors. I dont know who released it, but if the leak was from the club its a bit pathetic and if bellers went to the press to put preasure on the club I would suggest with Mancini it would be the wrong thing to do.

Personally just to save those wages I would let him go on a free but put in a few riders as well mainly as for the remaining time of his city contract he doesnt go to a prem club (unless Cardiff are promoted)
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

I still wouldn't let him go for free though regardless of who has made the comments.

£4M is a very low amount for his transfer anyway.

I wouldn't mind it as £2M initial fee and £3M if Cardiff get promoted (whenever that happens). That would get him off our books and at least pay the wages of a few youngsters.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down