Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

Paulpowersleftfoot

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyToday at 10:42 am by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Nijinsky tips
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary

+2
shakencity
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary Empty If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Just watched the full 14 minute one on Sky Demand.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary Empty Re: If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Brilliant watch that blue....stick the 14minute clip on in time pal.

Great ending by Noel there, "Aguero will demolish you lot on his own"...how true cheers

Cheers.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary Empty Re: If you didn't see it...decent watch. Noel v Gary

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

The full version was on Sky Catch Up....not got a full 14 min version mate, otherwise I would have posted it.

If you've got Sky, go on Demand and watch it.

Great though that last comment......"he'll demolish your lot on his own"..... Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Was a good watch indeed with chuckle 1 happy to go along with the mood.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:37 am

Sorted blue, Got to admit Neville was a good sport.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:45 am

Was a good watch. pretty funny.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:51 pm

good one enjoyed that
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm in total agreement with Noel....it's all about the PL for me.

Got me thinking about a programme I saw years ago with Brian Clough being interviewed by John Motson....and he says the exact same thing, but some of the other stuff he says in this interview, for me, is spot on.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:43 pm

He certainly didn't mince his words. Strange when you think we are all clamouring ( me included) to see video evidence introduced he virtually said we over analyse things & that it is difficult enough for refs without pundits & journo's alike all weighing in with their tuppence worth. What would he have made of todays all seeing all angle cameras & endless replays of incidents / talking points.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:09 pm

He'd have hated it....but I would have loved to see what he would have done to Jeff Shreeves pathetic questions!!!! affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Some of that was bollocks though. A foul is a foul and if the ref gets it wrong, then we should talk about it. Old Cloughie was an arrogant bastard.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Disagree. Clough was a top class Manager.

He wasn't saying don't discuss it - he was saying pundits on the likes of MOTD over analyse incidents and make judgements for too long, instead of showing more of the game time.

I like watching MNF with Neville and Carragher - but that's not a highlight show - it's on for nearly 3 hours...and that's different.

In those days MOTD was a highlight show and still is. We've all bemoaned the shite that some of the pundits they have on there have come out with - Robbie Savage being a prime example.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:25 pm

He was a top class manager but also became an arse towards the end. Maybe that was to do with too much drinking. Tv highlights and replays weren't such an old thing back in those days and we wanted to see more. When you arrogantly say I am more qualified than you to give judgement, then that's wrong and belittling.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:49 pm

When you arrogantly say I am more qualified than you to give judgement, then that's wrong and belittling.

Nope, it's a statement of fact.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:17 pm

You don't always have to state the obvious. A great manager doesn't make a good pundit and isn't always right.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Nobody said he does....all I said was that what Clough said was fact.

He was more qualified to make a judgement, that's why we listen and respect what Neville and Carragher say,they've been there and done it.

Unlike the likes of Mark The Red Chapman, Adrian (£4.6m a year) Chiles....WTF do they know about football and what qualifies them to earn so much to have an opinion?

That's what Clough was on about. Show the game, let the fan or the people who know what they are talking about, talk about it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Didn't Bob Wilson and Jimmy Hill play at a decent enough level?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm

So did Linekar, Shearer and Dixon on MOTD.

That's not my argument Dawg.

MOTD has a slot of 50 mins? Why spend 20 mins of it with pundits giving their opinions? I understand, it's OK for us at City, as most of our games will be shown first, second or third - mostly. But do you remember the days when we were last, or second to last, unless we played a top team? We all complained that we got about 2 mins....when the pundits were discussing one or two matches for 30 mins.

It's not all about City/United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool etc...some of the smaller clubs like Leicester fans pay their TV licence as well.

How easy we forget what it was like. Sky's great if you can afford it, so you can catch up with loads of programmes that show thee matches - but what about the old guy who's been watching football for 50 years +....who only has BBC/ITV?

He sits down to watch MOTD and his beloved WBA/Burnley or whoever it may be, and see's 2-3 minutes of highlights - when the 'pundits' spend ages debating offsides, penalties, refs performances etc, in the 'big' games.

Just my opinion after years of watching our games last or nearly last on MOTD.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Point taken Bluey. Are the BBC limited as to how much footy they can show? If they can show more, maybe they should show more or change the format of MOTD2 so they have far more discussion or have another discussion show altogether.

Did you really want 5 minutes of Pearce drudgery rather than 1-2 minutes?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Wouldn't have minded it. Ok, maybe not. Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down