Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyToday at 4:10 am by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off?

3 posters

Go down

Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? Empty Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off?

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 am

Not wishing to detract from one of the most inept City displays I've ever had the misfortune to witness (and I still have nightmares fond memories of the Alan Ball era), but I do think there's some element of truth in the general feeling that, once again, we've been on the receiving end of some bloody awful decisions in a CL game.  I'm sure we all recall the refused penalties, the not-very-offside against Ajax, the weak red cards in both Barca games, and so forth.  And then I look at how UEFA backed down over the punishment against CSKA Moscow, a punishment meted out for their continued racist abuse, which is supposedly something that UEFA are very keen to abolish.

It seems almost insane to me that we pick up a minimum £16m fine for breaching arbitrary rules which prevent the owners from spending their own money and we have no recourse for appeal, and yet a club with a history of doing the very thing that the "Respect" campaign is meant to resolve leads to a laughable €200,000 fine and fan bans, which is then made lower on appeal, even though the evidence is overwhelming.  And then there's no fines for their "closed door" games having only CSKA fans there and, I suspect, no action taken for CSKA fans being in our stadium tonight.  I heard on the radio that one group hoofed out of block 111 had signs on their seats saying "Guest of UEFA".

It seems to me that UEFA don't actually object to racism as much they do object to the Arab petro-dollar.  Which could be construed as racist in itself, as they're not especially averse to Russian gas moguls pouring cash in.

I suspect that, despite being complicit with the rules and doing everything to achieve stability, we will find, come next August, that the rules will have changed, we will have been found wanting and the original £49m fine will stand regardless.

And if that happens, then I say we should tell UEFA to fuck off.  We should tell them that we're not satisfied at the way we're being hounded out of their competition.  We should tell them their fine is punitive.  We should tell them we won't pay it.  And, before they try and blackmail us, we should tell them that they can shove their precious tournament up their arse.  We don't need their money.

And then we should spend an absolute fortune securing the services of the very best players in the world.  The ones that the casual football fans and neutrals want to see.  And we should hire the services of one of the very best managerial talents to bind them together into the most formidable team the world has ever seen.  And then we should go out and win every domestic trophy on offer, before embarking on post- and pre-season tours of other countries to ensure that the global audience can see them play.  And we sell the TV rights to these games.

Without all the crowd pleasing superstars in their beloved tournament, I'd be willing to bet UEFA would cave in inside two years and BEG us to reconsider.

And then we'll have the superstars win the CL for us.  Because UEFA wouldn't dare see us out of the competition and lose revenue on seeing them, we'll get an easy group and the benefit of the warm balls in the knockout draws.  We might even find the final is at the Etihad.

Maybe this won't work and maybe it's foolish to even try it, but I really do think the time to tell UEFA to do one is nearing.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? Empty Re: Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off?

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:11 am

If this was in the telegraph, we'd be posting links and having a good debate. Top post Leo.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? Empty Re: Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off?

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:52 am

Cheers Dawg.

On reflection, I'd rather we took steps to get in the right players, or at the very least try and re-motivate the useless lumps we have now, before we start giving shit to UEFA.

Remember when we were in the doldrums and Joe Royle took over as manager?  The first things he did were to drop Kinky and buy Andy Morrison and we were all like, "What the fuck?  Drop our best player and replace him with a clogger from Huddersfield?"  And yet it worked very well, because Joe knew what we needed.  What we need now is a Joe Royle, someone who can come in and instantly turn things around by the simple application of common sense.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:58 am

We could be like the Harlem Globetrotters of football.

I like it  Laughing

Seriously though, this does have merit.   Where else in the world can a company not spend it's money to become successful?  It's totally anti-competitive.   All the other rules thrown at us from Brussels are 100% the opposite of the shite we put up with from UEFA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:10 am

I agree that it's ant competitive, but that's not the reason we got found out (again) last night. We could have Messi, Bale and Ronaldo, but if we played with the same heart as last night, we'd win fuck all even with them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:15 am

True, Dawg, but by the same token, if we were UEFA's darlings, we wouldn't have had a free kick awarded against us in the second minute, Fernandinho wouldn't have been booked for a soft challenge, Nasri's run wouldn't have been flagged as offside (which he wasn't) and Wernbloom would've been correctly booked and sent off.

And we'd have been playing Mirabor and not CSKA.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:17 am

Great post Leo....sadly, our owners are on a worldwide charm offensive, so it's a double-edged sword.

I'm sure they would like nothing more than to hire the best legal eagles (though I think they already employ the person who wrote these rules for UEFA) and make UEFA a laughing stock, but I just don't think it will happen.

I guess we'll have to take the fact that we have embarked on a new era that has so far, seen us win 2 titles and 2 domestic trophies and accept our owners long term strategy and approach to our club.

I couldn't believe we have even gone to the lengths of asking the stewards to remove a banner from a fan near me, that pointed out what we all know...it just sort of summed up last night and our CL campaign so far.

Is it time to tell UEFA to bugger off? 1415262571582_wps_14_A_Manchester_City_fan_has

Last edited by blueboy on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:18 am

I agree that UEFA have been unduly unfair to us and we do get some rank bad reffing decisions, but we were shite anyway last night and got more than we deserved.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down