Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Just too arrogant EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Just too arrogant EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
Just too arrogant EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Just too arrogant EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Just too arrogant EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Just too arrogant EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Just too arrogant EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Just too arrogant EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Just too arrogant EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Just too arrogant EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Just too arrogant

5 posters

Go down

Just too arrogant Empty Just too arrogant

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 am

The club has, in my opinion, become far too arrogant. They, and too many players, expect to turn up and the opposition will turn over for them. That just isn't happening and they are sticking their heads in the sand hoping, and saying, that next time it'll be alright.

I hear the captain telling us to believe. Didn't he say that after the last match? And the one before that?
It's like telling your kids about Santa Clause and the tooth fairy; convincing them they are real. Except that one day they will wise up and realise it is just made up. Life Kompany's gee ups to the fans, it's just made up. No-one believes it anymore.

We want to see passion, heart, fight. Pride in battle is our motto but that, sadly, is missing from our boys.

I don't want to feel so ashamed by a half hearted performance again. I don't want my kids to feel too embarrassed to wear their City scarves and bobble hats. I don't want to hear poor excuses for not putting in the efforts that the hard working fans pay good money for. It's the least we expect. It's the least we deserve.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Just too arrogant Empty Re: Just too arrogant

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:04 am

Trouble is this is such a mirror image of the year after the first title it's comical.

I've pretty much written it off, just as long as we get top 3 (certainly don't want 4th, we would never qualify for the group stages with our calamity CL form).  A run in the FA cup and maybe smile about that.

I certainly don't want Europa, or heaven help by some miracle get through to the knock-outs with CL, because that may help Pellegrini keep his job.

Just see out the season, dump this joker and move on.

Anyway not losing any sleep over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Topdawg wrote:We want to see passion, heart, fight. Pride in battle is our motto but that, sadly, is missing from our boys.
Precisely.

Throughout the wilderness years, when we were what Jeremy Clarkson would call "ambitious, but rubbish", we saw some horrible football.  I'd lost count of the number of times I'd see our boys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, then turn away with a wry smile and think, maybe next week.  I'd put up with the taunts of United fans with a shrug and say, "Well, we'd not be City if we did it the easy way, would we?"  Calamity was what we expected, because we knew that, whatever happened, we'd see the team play like they meant it, like it mattered to them personally.  Aside from the odd exception, we knew that, yes, they weren't all that good, but at least they tried, and that's what mattered.

Last night, we saw none of that fight.  Not even from Vinny or Zab, both of whom normally play like dyed in the wool blues.  James Milner is the only player who can walk away from that game with even an ounce of self pride, because he was the only one who looked like he was up for it.

On reflection, what we saw last night, we should've been expecting.  A performance that pitiful has been coming and we've seen the team heading that way since the Charity Shield.  The only team we've beaten convincingly is Sheffield Wednesday, a middling Championship club who haven't won a league game in two months.

Something is very, very wrong at our club.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:21 am

Oh, and perhaps we should change our motto to "Usque Ne Requisitis"
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:43 am

leopold wrote:The only team we've beaten convincingly is Sheffield Wednesday, a middling Championship club who haven't won a league game in two months.

And that was only in the 2nd 45.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:47 am

shakencity wrote:
leopold wrote:The only team we've beaten convincingly is Sheffield Wednesday, a middling Championship club who haven't won a league game in two months.

And that was only in the 2nd 45.
Yes, I'd forgotten that.  We didn't even look capable of scoring in the first half.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:49 am

Milner wasn't brilliant last night as he made a few mistakes, but he tried his heart out and that's why we back him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 am

Topdawg wrote:Milner wasn't brilliant last night as he made a few mistakes, but he tried his heart out and that's why we back him.

I see the same kinda shit at Bury Dawg and it's more often than not, not the most gifted players that seem to try their bollocks off for the team and earn the respect from us fans than the flair n flashy players....it's exactly the same for Milner.

Anyone who constantly gives 110% deserves the credit and subsequent praise.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 pm

I said in another thread that Milner was the only one that put in any effort as he always does, he may not be the most gifted but he always tries and some of the lazy fucks last night could do with taking a leaf out of his book.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 pm

He looked pissed off last night. He was making 25 yrd runs to close down their CB's and the ball was bypassing him to their full backs - because the likes of Yaya and Dzeko wasn't closing down.

He was right in front of me and at one point in the second half, he stopped after chasing 2 players around over 20+ yards, looked to the sky and shouted "for fucks sake".....then Aguero picked up the chase from him, but Dzeko and Yaya just stood there.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down