Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyToday at 4:10 am by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Who can afford the big money signings these days? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who can afford the big money signings these days?

2 posters

Go down

Who can afford the big money signings these days? Empty Who can afford the big money signings these days?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm

With Inter crying off Tevez because they can't afford his wages, which teams can really afford to pay £30M+ as well as top wages for players these days?

I think the Italians have been pretty much blown out of the water now. In Spain the big two of Real and Barca, in Germany maybe Bayern still can (even though they are trying to nick Boateng) and in England it is just Chelsea, Manure and us. Liverpool flashed the cash last season but they can't do it on a consistent basis especially of they don't qualify for the champions league. Arsenal have the money but tight fisted Wenger has been reluctant to spend it.

I reckon only a handful of teams can seriously compete for the top players which, whilst it is a bit unfair, can only be good news for the blues.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Who can afford the big money signings these days? Empty Re: Who can afford the big money signings these days?

Post by lee1pen Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Topdawg I think most top clubs can afford them and the wages if the fairplay (biggest misnomer ever) rules wernt kicking in fairly soon. Thats were our problems will come in which is why we have to ditch Ade, Jo, Bellers, Santa (and his sack of elves) etc before too long
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Who can afford the big money signings these days? Empty Re: Who can afford the big money signings these days?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 pm

i did some totting up not long back and reckoned that if we got rid of ade, santa, bridge, bellars, SWP, Jo and Viera we would be saving somewhere in the region of 500-600k per week. That really is eye watering stuff for guys who won't be playing for us again. i reckon we should get about £25-£30M for that lot, but it is those silly wages for guys out on loan or that won't play for us again that are hurting.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down