Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Karim Benzema EmptyToday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
Karim Benzema EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Karim Benzema EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Karim Benzema EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Karim Benzema EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Karim Benzema EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Karim Benzema EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Karim Benzema EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Karim Benzema EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Karim Benzema EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Karim Benzema

4 posters

Go down

Karim Benzema Empty Karim Benzema

Post by Topdawg Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:10 am

I've not been his biggest fan in the past as I think he's wasteful and doesn't put away enough chances.

Having said that, he's a goal every other game for Real Madrid so he can't be that bad!

There's talk of Liverpool bidding £50M for his services. I think that's too expensive and they can't afford it anyway especially if they fail to get CL footy next season.

Is Karim still an option for us? He's got Bale and Ronaldo ahead of him and I guess he's fighting against new boy James for a starting spot.

Can't see him leaving in January anyway.

By then we'll have 3 fit strikers again and Pellegrini will take the risk to hold out for the rest of the season with two proven crocks and one other who's suddenly getting injured to often.

I'd take the punt but not at £50M.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by blueboy Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:37 am

I like him. 126 goals in 276 games....that's decent.

He signed a new 5 year contract in the summer - so maybe that's why the price is so high.

£50m? Not for me. £30m? Definitely, but he's CL cup tied, so I can't see MP dipping into the market until the summer as long as all the 3 strikers will be back by the end of Jan.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07 am

Unless he has dropped down the pecking order at Madrid and won't play in the CL, he could move on in January.

As we aren't playing Barca until Feb, we should have all our strikers back by then.

I'd still go for Bony for £20M in January. He probably wouldn't play in the CL as he wouldn't get into our squad. Unless he's bought at the beginning of January, plays in the league and plays brilliantly. Then he could dislodge Dzeko or Jovetic from the CL squad.

Remember, Negredo wouldn't have been in the CL squad if he'd stayed.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

Topdawg wrote:By then we'll have 3 fit strikers again and Pellegrini will take the risk to hold out for the rest of the season with two proven crocks and one other who's suddenly getting injured to often.
Wait a sec, just run that by me again...  TWO proven crocks in our strikeforce?  Really?  I can think of one, but who's the other?  I'm guessing the one that's suddenly getting injured too often is Dzeko, so logically there is only one person you're thinking of and, frankly, I'd not put him in the same box as Jovetic.

I blame Joey Fucking Barton for Sergio's woes.  Remember when he kicked him in the back of the leg, half an hour before Serge stuck it to him in the best possible way with THAT goal?  I can't help but wonder if Barton literally kick-started his injury issues.  I think we should pin that on the fucker anyway, teach him to be a scouse gobshite...
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:13 am

Sergio missed half the games last season. He misses plenty of games through injury each season. This is his 18th Separate injury since joining City. I read an article showing that he seems to be missing more and more games each season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

That many?  Blimey.  Good job he's so brilliant when he's fit then, eh?
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:59 am

If Aguero has these little spells of injures and scores as many as he does, then I don't mind.

It may just stop the likes of Barca and Real putting a bid in because of his injury record.

Imagine if he is 100% fit for a season and scores 35+ goals....the offers will come flooding in.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 pm

the trouble is all the time he is played as a lone striker he is going to get lumps kicked out of him every game. he is small agile & quick but because of the work rate the dropping deep to pick up the ball etc he is always prone to kicks from defensive midfielders & lumbering centrebacks ala terry skyrtl cahill etc.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down