Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyToday at 4:10 am by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Gunners need to 'Man-up' EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gunners need to 'Man-up'

+2
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Gunners need to 'Man-up' Empty Gunners need to 'Man-up'

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 pm

An article from Yahoo today, very apt I reckon!!

===================================

ARSENAL PLAYERS ARE NOT VICTIMS!!

It would be ironic if, after actually taking the Carling Cup seriously for once, Arsenal were forced to field a weakened side in this season's final.
But that could well be the case when the Gunners face Birmingham City at Wembley on Sunday after they were left licking their wounds following last night's 1-0 win over Stoke City.

While little blame can be attributed to the Potters for Cesc Fabregas limping off after just 14 minutes with a hamstring twinge, Dean Whitehead's clumsy tackle midway through the second half saw Theo Walcott leave on a stretcher.

Walcott's ankle injury definitely rules him out of Sunday's showpiece, while Fabregas joins Robin van Persie and Laurent Koscielny as a doubt for the Gunners as they bid to end their six-year wait for a trophy.

Fabregas said on Twitter: "I don't know if I'll make Sunday or not, but all I know is that from this moment to Sunday I won't sleep if it's necessary. I've waited too long to captain a final for Arsenal and I won't give up till the last second."

Quite how not sleeping for 72 hours is any fit way to prepare for a major final is anyone's guess, but there you go.

Arsene Wenger praised his players for their "focus, discipline and intelligence" as they rode out a rough night at the Emirates to move within a point of leaders Manchester United, who have a game in hand after they spent Wednesday night claiming an uninspiring goalless draw at Marseille in the Champions League.

"I think we have matured, certainly, because we won a game tonight when we were less creative and fluent, with intelligence and calm - and that is what has changed," said Wenger.

"One or two years ago we would have dropped points. Tonight they couldn't make mistakes. We must take a lot of credit because of that."

Wenger's carefully chosen words can easily be interpreted as meaning he is happy his team managed to toughen up and claim victory over their thuggish opponents.

He and his players like nothing more than to take the moral high ground over sides which prefer rough-and-tumble to tiki taka. Stoke are always cast as the antithesis to the Gunners, with Potters boss Tony Pulis playing Genghis Khan to Wenger's Ghandi.

This match came almost a year to the day since Aaron Ramsey's horrendous leg break at the Britannia Stadium, memory of which will only galvanise the view among Arsenal fans of their players' victim status.

Despite that, Stoke only committed one foul more than the Gunners last night (nine to eight), and a look at the disciplinary table is rather enlightening.

Arsenal are second-from-bottom in the ranking of the Premier League's fairest sides this season with a whopping 45 bookings and six sendings-off - five of them straight reds.

One of those was for new golden boy Jack Wilshere's terrible lunge on Birmingham's Nikola Zigic back in October, made in stoppage time with the Gunners winning. That record is the joint-most in the division along with those other notorious hatchet men, West Brom.

To put that into context, that's as many sending-offs in the league this season as Stoke, Blackburn and Wolves put together, and it could have been worse with Fabregas somehow escaping censure for his filthy challenge on Stephen Ward in November which saw the defender leave the Molineux pitch on a stretcher.

Still, it will take more than facts to rid Arsenal of their persecution complex.

Birmingham sit a proud third in the fair play table - behind Fulham and Blackpool - but that won't stop a disapproving chorus of tutting at the first sign of Barry Ferguson impeding Samir Nasri on Sunday.

============================================

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gunners need to 'Man-up' Empty Re: Gunners need to 'Man-up'

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:03 pm

From what i have saw of them Arsenal have been dirty and petulent this season, committing far worse fouls out of petulence and retaliation.Fabregas especially

Wenger never see's or hears anything wrong about his team and they are always moaning about the type of football other teams play.

Arsenal, like their vile fans, need to grow a pair, as its even wearing thin with the Arsenal loving media.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Yea Boyo I agree!

I think The Prof is actually deaf and dumb and is brilliant at acting like he is not.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:48 pm

When I was abit younger, Arsenal were my favourite second team because they were easy on the eye.

Now I just hate them.

Haven't come across a single Gooner that isn't a complete tit.

Bunch of whinging children.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Ian Poulter is the role model
And what a tit that silly twat is
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 am

Over the last 2 years I've gone from being more or less neutral on Arsenal to absolutely hating them. Wenger talks shite, RVP, Fabregas and now Wilshire seem to get away with anything and their fans are a bunch of precious twats.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 am

Spuds fans are worse Inky in my opinion though it could be something they put in the water in North London ....possibly drowned London United fans....that causes them to talk bull.

AS a team though your probably right, I mean its not uncle 'arrys fault the media lurves him
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 am

It's a very tough call Lee. Spuds fans are ace insofar as they set themselves up for ridicule on 606 with their belief that they're going to win every game.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down