Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Given - "Mancini fell out with everybody"
Today at 11:58 am by TMG

» Henry Winter - Good read
Today at 11:53 am by TMG

» Martin Samuel on Pep
Today at 11:46 am by TMG

» Paranoid or What
Today at 8:28 am by Topdawg

» What's the difference?
Today at 8:19 am by blueboy

» Julian Weigl????
Today at 7:51 am by blueboy

» Maureen got it spot on at Anfield!
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by Moonchester

» Stoke fans storm City centre pub...
Yesterday at 4:22 pm by shakencity

» Pep Presser v Napoli
Yesterday at 2:58 pm by blueboy

» Comic - Sean Hughes dies at 51....RIP
Yesterday at 1:41 pm by blueboy

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Man City v Stoke - Live Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man City v Stoke - Live Thread

Post by blueboy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Another massive 3 points needed tonight. Team-wise, looks like Kompany is fit, but Otamendi was dropped for the Sunderland game, so can't see him getting into the first XI ahead of him.

For me:

Willy
Zaba, Stones, Kolorov, Clichy
Fernandinho, Silva
Sterling, KDB, Sane
Aguero

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City v Stoke - Live Thread

Post by blueboy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 am

1. Silva
2. Sane
3. Sterling

Silva completely changed the way we played when he came on. KDB suddenly looked more up for it.
Sane wasn't great last night, probably missed his pal on the other side.

I don't get this "TLMLF had a decent game" that BMR TV claim, and City Watch gave him 7.5, the highest mark.

I know I'm anti-TLMLF, but has played better since he came back, but the last few games his effort has dropped off. If watch him on a replay of a game - he lumbers around the pitch 90% of the time, not marking anyone and just hoping he can get a pass whilst he's in space. Yes, he puts one or two tackles in, but that's not enough for a £250k pw player. You expect these high earners to be changing games.

Thought Zaba would have done better than Sagna last night, as he overlaps. Sagna made one or two runs past Navas, but apart from one decent cross, the rest was rubbish.

Stoke were awful to watch - absolutely negative, but they defended well.

I really don't want to see Navas again - he's garbage.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:44 am

Sometimes we don't know how much we need a lemur until he doesn't play. Non city fans think silva isn't doin much but he, above all others, runs the game. I don't think yaya has a particularly bad game. I saw him chase down the keeper a few times and he did make some decent surges, just he couldn't do them like he did a few years ago and keep going with players bouncing off him.  We'll miss him if he doesn't play.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:49 am

Sterling stretches the game so much. He has pace, trickery, an eye for a pass and has been scoring goals too.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 am

Navas brings few, if any, of his qualities. He's a hit and hope merchant looking backwards more than he looks forwards. No matter what we say, no matter how much we beseech Pep, he'll keep Navas as the backup to he wide men rather than play an exciting kid like Sancho.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 am

Topdawg wrote:Sometimes we don't know how much we need a lemur until he doesn't play. Non city fans think silva isn't doin much but he, above all others, runs the game. I don't think yaya has a particularly bad game. I saw him chase down the keeper a few times and he did make some decent surges, just he couldn't do them like he did a few years ago and keep going with players bouncing off him.  We'll miss him if he doesn't play.

I'd expect ANY player, who isn't bothering marking an opposition player, to chase down a keeper.....that doesn't justify his inclusion or his wages, nor does it for any other player.

I don't think we'll miss if he doesn't play. Silva played in that role in the first 10 matches of the season, dropping deep and collecting the ball and starting off play. He needs to be doing a damn site more in games, not just one or two runs, or the fact he chases down a keeper - that should be a given for any player. No assists since he came back in says it all. Last night he tried to play further forward, but that was a waste of time, because when Silva came on, he demonstrated how to run a game. Sorry, just don't think he's offering very much and his energy levels are awful compared to other players. When he run down the keeper, he only ran until the edge of the box, as he knew he wouldn't have to do any chasing back. He then took an age to get back.

I'd rather see Garcia or Delph in there, if Silva stays higher up the pitch. TLMLF and KDB were getting in each other way for most of the first half.... Rolling Eyes

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 am

How many assists from Silva this season? It's not down to just bare stats.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

blueboy wrote:TLMLF and KDB were getting in each other way for most of the first half.... Rolling Eyes
I thought Dino played better in the second half once TLF was out of his way, too.  We didn't really need two DCMs against Stoke, although it's hard to say if they were both in that role as Stoke were playing a very compact formation.  Dino spent too much of the first half wondering if he was where he needed to be.  He does better as the only DCM, as then he knows it's up to him.

It was very telling that we became much more potent once Silva was on the pitch too.  We suddenly stopped looking lethargic and started attacking more.  But then again, Silva was one of the very few people on the pitch who looked capable of getting the ball forward.

I felt sorry for Sane.  He was the only player on the pitch who was really trying to get something out of the game for the whole 90 minutes.  He looked gutted at the end and I noticed Pep run over and give him a hug to console him.  Granted, it wasn't his best game, but Stoke were marking him out for a lot of it as they clocked he was the only one really causing them issues.  This is why we need Sterling playing: With Sterling and Sane on the pitch, Sergio can stay more in the centre and it becomes hard for defences to put multiple markers on them all.  But with no Sterling, Serge was running out wide too often (presumably to make up for Navas being so useless), Kev wasn't doing much and so there were plenty of men left over to keep Sane quiet.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:18 am

Yaya's a bit like Adebayor was.
Comes in and fools the manager into thinking he's good by playing well in the 1st few games and scoring a few but
then reverts back to his normal ' bone idle, can't be arsed coz I'm getting paid millions whether I play well or not ' self
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:TLMLF and KDB were getting in each other way for most of the first half.... Rolling Eyes
I thought Dino played better in the second half once TLF was out of his way, too.  We didn't really need two DCMs against Stoke, although it's hard to say if they were both in that role as Stoke were playing a very compact formation.  Dino spent too much of the first half wondering if he was where he needed to be.  He does better as the only DCM, as then he knows it's up to him.

It was very telling that we became much more potent once Silva was on the pitch too.  We suddenly stopped looking lethargic and started attacking more.  But then again, Silva was one of the very few people on the pitch who looked capable of getting the ball forward.

I felt sorry for Sane.  He was the only player on the pitch who was really trying to get something out of the game for the whole 90 minutes.  He looked gutted at the end and I noticed Pep run over and give him a hug to console him.  Granted, it wasn't his best game, but Stoke were marking him out for a lot of it as they clocked he was the only one really causing them issues.  This is why we need Sterling playing: With Sterling and Sane on the pitch, Sergio can stay more in the centre and it becomes hard for defences to put multiple markers on them all.  But with no Sterling, Serge was running out wide too often (presumably to make up for Navas being so useless), Kev wasn't doing much and so there were plenty of men left over to keep Sane quiet.

Yeah, good shout on Dino.....that's why I think when Silva was next to him, he clearly knew that Silva was the ball playing MF from deep and he was the anchor. TLMLF seems to want to do both at the expense of the team....whenever he thinks he can be arsed.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am

TMG wrote:Yaya's a bit like Adebayor was.
Comes in and fools the manager into thinking he's good by playing well in the 1st few games and scoring a few but
then reverts back to his normal ' bone idle, can't be arsed coz I'm getting paid millions whether I play well or not ' self

Couldn't have summed it up better Tony. Wink

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't understand why it's have a go at Yaya day. I'd be on the bandwagon too if I thought he was the reason for our lackluster display last night. Maybe Yaya would have done much better without Dino there or without Kev there, we just don't know.

Yaya has played recent games when we have steamrollered other teams with our attacking play.

The main reasons for last night was the Stoke defensive set up, our slow build up and looking backwards instead of forwards, we didn't break with devastating speed and effect like we've been doing recently, Navas couldn't pass water or cross the road and a few players were a little off it.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top