Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monaco vs City - LIVE

+6
TMG
leopold
Moonchester
Strange Blue
titbumwilly
Nijinsky
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 Empty Monaco vs City - LIVE

Post by Topdawg Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Building up to the game.

Even though we've got a decent advantage from the 1st leg, it's only two clear goals and they are through.

I think we have to score and probably the earlier the better. They have to come on to us and we need to make a break count with a clinical goal. We can't afford 5 or 6 chances for a goal or we might be out of the game by then.

I can't see him not starting with Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Silva, KdB, Yaya, Kolarov, Big Willy. Probably Sagna at Rb and Clichy at LB with Stones or Otamendi partnering Kolarov at the back.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Monaco vs City - LIVE - Page 3 Empty Re: Monaco vs City - LIVE

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 am

I'll just comment on the first goal. I remember that sane just watched it happen. He just let the men go.

Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 am

Sorry that was the 2nd goal. Aw fuck analysing it. Don't blame willy in the slightest. They swarmed all over us and we couldn't hack it. Defence not helped by midfield either. Pulled all over the place. Yaya in there and he have struggled in the first half too. Players didn't earn the right to play.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:35 am

In Pep we trust...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:46 am

We have become a team of flat track bullies.
No bottle for a fight.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Will the boys still be scared come the weekend?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Yes. They will get out fought again I reckon.
I'll be in Amsterdam, and I really don't think I'll bother finding it on in a bar
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:44 pm

I'm sure there's better things to do in Amsterdam than watch footy.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes the tulips are nice in Amsterdam in Spring apparently & the ones around ur cock are nice all yr round Very Happy:D
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Boom boom TMG
Mrs Titbumwilly liked that one.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Wow.....did we get beat or something? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Quiet on here today.

Last edited by blueboy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I blame Willy. Joe Hart would have pulled off amazing saves to stop all of those goals last night. affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 pm

I blame the frequent flyer.....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 pm

I warned you all.......
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Just sick of saying the same things & Im certain wel be saying the same after the Dipper game
Very disappointed in Pep to be honest I know the players especially the defence are often to blame but 
Pep doesn't seem to have any answers just like MP last year
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Pep still has half of the players that pellegrini had last year yet,,,,
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 am

and that's the problem Moon. Half of the shit still here but a year older...............
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:59 am

Not completely the reason. I'll say again, he chose to re-inforce the are where we were strongest.  We scored more league goals than anyone last season so we got Sane, Gundogan, Jesus, Nolito to bolster our attack and Stones and Bravo to weaken further our defence.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 am

I think you need to look at this from afar. 

Pep has a style of play - which is heavily focused on attacking play.

Last season we had Sterling not playing up to his potential on the left wing and Navas playing on the right wing. That was unbalanced and Navas was shite - so he addressed this with Sane and switched Sterling to the right. That has proved to be a massive success so far.

He brought in Nolito to bring some experience and energy, not sure he was the best option, but he was a 4 goals in 6 player at one point....he's only for cover as he's not good enough to replace either of the above two players if they are available.

We needed another striker to take the weight off Sergio. Up to the point of his injury, that proved to possibly be, the bargain of the season. It's not Pep's fault he got injured long-term and we are left with Kelechi, who hasn't took his chance when he's started this season.

He bought Gundogan for his long-term project and again, like Jesus, was hitting top form then got injured - again, that's not Pep's fault.

He brought in Stones, who needs a strong leader next to him. Maybe he thought Vinny would get fit, but sadly it looks like he's finished. He tried to get Laporte and he's tried to adapt Kolorov into a CB (which has sort of worked, but he's still not good enough). Otamendi has been in and out of form and as for the two full back areas - that was a surprise he didn't bring at least one more full back in.

Bravo...not even going there, we've done that to death.

So overall, he re-enforced our attacking areas really well. He added to our MF. He added to our  defence with Stones, but didn't strengthen this area enough.

As for Gundogan and Jesus, he can't be blamed for their injuries - and they would definitely have helped the team significantly.

He brought in 6 players....if he was then to change the full backs and another CB, that would be replacing 10 players in your first season, in a new league. No Manager in world football has ever done that.

You could argue he could have brought in 4 defenders and MF and an attacker.....maybe he tried, but couldn't get the players he wanted, so gave the current players a chance to prove their worth. Clearly, they're not good enough, but we've just come off a run of 11 games unbeaten, with clean sheets to boot, but we get beat by Monaco, and all of sudden the "Pep's shite" media brigade resurface. Very fickle.

Pep knows comes the summer where he needs to strengthen and I expect him to get the players he wants to build a team he needs to play his way.

Would I rather watch the style of play this season than what we were dished up last season? Absolutely. I'm happy to get CL football again next season and hopefully a Cup....and then see what Pep does with the team for next season, when we'll see a proper Pep team.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am

We've enjoyed a good run (didn't MP win his last 6 games?) and I prefer an attacking style, but we were beaten by effort (and skill) again. That's down to the manager. Spurs have done it this season and so gave Leicester. I'll repeat that we were lucky in the first leg.
You can't just ignore the opposition when you're players aren't good enough to do that. It will be addressed this summer with at least 1-2 good young defenders and at least 1-2 younger attacking players. I really expect us to get Laporte and maybe the two boys from Spain. We can't trust that VK will be fit next season. I expect zabba and sag a to go. Kolarov to stay as he is 'versatile' and maybe Clichy stays as he's HG (unless we get a couple of HGs like Pickford and Wilshere or Rose).
I'm not against My ep but I'd like him to seriously consider the opposition when he picks a team and tactics
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

As I said before the game, I was happy with the team he picked...the players were the ones not doing what he asked of them. If we took our chances we'd be through. I personally thought it would have been another close game with plenty of goals...as we are not a defensive team, and as it turned out we scored but missed too many chances again.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:42 pm

It appears to me peps philosophy to borrow a phrase is to score more than the opposition & to recover possession from the front, if this is the case then the emphasis is more on the attackers & midfield to win the ball back before it reaches the defense in which case you can perversely understand why maybe the attackers were bought in before the defenders.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm

We get ample chance to see if he can learn from anything because dippers Sunday will be exactly the same.   I liked the team before it started too Blue, but we are simply awful against ultra high tempo press.  Even Leicester blast us away FFS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Sane needs to track and learn to tackle. We didn't see enough pressing from the front
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't think he does Dawg. He's done that in the majority of games, so has Sterling....they just didn't do it collectively against Monaco.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Trouble is its all well and good saying attack attack attack but Sterling Silva Sane Sergio(?) Navas Nolito are pretty lightweight & not particularly strong defensively so we are quite reliant on Fernandinho and/or Yaya (who is shit defensively) & an out of form KdB to shore up our dodgy defence when the opposition has the ball.
When teams play the high line/pressure game against us we have no answer. We just get bullied all over the park. Both Dipper teams & Leicester have done this over recent seasons. Add to this our ridiculous playing it out from the back to put us under more pressure & we can see why we are underperforming. Having said that with the players we have, we should still be getting further than fucking Leicester in the CL and we should be a dam site closer to Chelsea in the PL
As Pep is supposedly the best manager in the world ud think he could try something else other than 'I wont change my tactics' when its not working.
Maybe strengthen the defence and/or MF - 5:4:1 or 4:5:1 or 5:5 and forego Sergio. Just a thought
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Yep, those teams do indeed press with energy.....but apart from last season and LCFC winning the PL, what have they won recently? You add Spurs to that as well.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

That's not the point Bluey. I dont give a fuck whether they win anything or not. Other teams can obviously combat their high pressing so why cant we
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:27 pm

This isn't a slight on you Tony, nor anyone else on here, so please don't think it is.

However, what seems to happen with City and other teams fans, is this:

1. We win or go on a winning run (11 unbeaten prior to Monaco)....and you never read or hear ANYONE during that time, saying "yeah, we won, but I'd change the defence and be less attacking, maybe shore up the MF or change to a 5 at the back.

2. Yet, we lose one game after a very good run, or get knocked out of a cup - and suddenly, "we should've done this, we need to do that, Pep isn't flexible - he needs to change his style of play, Pep got it all wrong, so and so should have played, lets compare it to other seasons"......

Pep's been here 8 months. So far, we're still in the PL until it's mathematically impossible. We're going to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi Final...and we've just been knocked out of the CL Round 16.

We and I'm sure Pep knows, that the defence needs changing. He's trying to bring a different style of play to City, but clearly, some players aren't up to it - mostly the defenders and one or two MF's.....but why suddenly try and change a philosophy? He's said this before, he won't change how we play because when it's right, with the right players, we'll be a far better team....and that ethos is running right the way through the academy teams.

Yes, he could be pragmatic and say - let;s shut up shop and put 6 men behind the ball and possibly have won....but then if we come up against Bayern, does he have to start with that philosophy again? If so, that's not what he wants, he wants to win playing the way he does....and I guess as fans, we'll have to get used to it - coz he won't change it.

I understand peoples frustration, but I honestly think we should go with it until next season - and if it's still the same, then we should all be disappointed.

Just my opinion and I appreciate what everyone is saying.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 pm

TMG wrote:That's not the point Bluey. I dont give a fuck whether they win anything or not. Other teams can obviously combat their high pressing so why cant we

But my point still stands....what have they won?

When you say other teams can combat it, who?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 pm

I've been saying stuff all season long. I said the first 10 games we didn't play anyone of any note really. West Ham (when they were really poor), Sunderland, Bournemouth, Stoke (when they were really poor), Steaua twice, Swansea twice, BMG who don't travel well and the rags where Jose played a tactical blinder trying to second guess Pep.

I said we were lucky to win the first leg against Monaco. We complained about the way we played against Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester where they were all over us every second of the game. If we get a start in the front foot, then we can counter this. If we start poorly, we don't seem to be able to recover and we give them more hope.

The big problem that we have is our mentality. We need to change that and I hope that, when Pep leaves us in 3-5 years time, we are mentally stronger.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm saying Bluey that Leicester & Dippers use it to good effect against us but they don't go to Burnley Stoke or whoever else and have the same success otherwise they would be top of the league and winning all the cups
They have success against us coz we can't combat it.

And that's not true even when we've won many on here have been slagging off the tactics the defence individuals including the manager 

Even when Pep makes 4 or 5 summer signings I still don't think Sterling Sane & some of the others that he keeps are good enough for Peps philosophy
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm

If Spurs are so great with their pressing game, why are we level on points with them? What Cup competition have they won or still in?

LFC - same question and they are one point behind us.

Leicester....yes, they're in the next round of the CL, but they are 15th.

EFC are 7th and in what cups???

Why are we concentrating on a few teams that have pressed us and won? I could understand if we were 6th ( Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz) and behind the likes of LFC, Everton and Leicester or 6 points behind Spurs who have now lost Harry Kane for 6-8 weeks.....but we're joint 2nd and still in the FA Cup.

Ask yourself, what would have been a decent season this year.....top 4 and a cup? If so, we're still looking at that.

Remember - it's not like the season we won our first PL title. In the last 5 years, teams have heavily invested as well...so it's much tighter at the top. Yes, Chelsea have been consistent this season - but 70% of their games have been a really dire watch.

Personally, I've seen us blow teams away with some very exciting football and I include Spurs and Chelsea in that...sadly, we were defensively poor when the game should have been long gone before they scored.

We're not in a bad situation.....and the football has been far better than last season.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

TMG wrote:I'm saying Bluey that Leicester & Dippers use it to good effect against us but they don't go to Burnley Stoke or whoever else and have the same success otherwise they would be top of the league and winning all the cups

And that's not true even when we've won many on here have been slagging off the tactics the defence individuals including the manager 

Even when Pep makes 4 or 5 summer signings I still don't think Sterling Sane & some of the others that he keeps are good enough for Peps philosophy

Fair enough....but that last statement, I have to completely disagree with you.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:58 pm

TMG wrote:I'm saying Bluey that Leicester & Dippers use it to good effect against us but they don't go to Burnley Stoke or whoever else and have the same success otherwise they would be top of the league and winning all the cups

As for LCFC and LFC......yes, they used it to good effect, but both are behind us. Are we expected to go unbeaten all season and play brilliantly every single game?

We don't play like Burnley or Stoke so we can't suddenly morph into a style that they adopt (and thank fuck we don't) then suddenly morph into Peps style. Pep's style is Pep's style. Mark Hughes, Sean Dyche, Jurgen Klopp and Ronald Koeman all have their own styles....but all of their styles leave them behind us.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:08 pm

But we've got to change just a little bit fir done teams or st least change it when we are getting battered rather than leave it until too late. Probably the only change I'd have made was to drop kev and play rither yaya or fernando though we'd probably still have got beat.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:22 pm

We may not have gotten beat.....maybe we may have? It didn't seem to be tactical, it seemed to be too many players not doing what whey should have. It's OK when one player is off form or not trying, but when 3 or 4 are not doing their job, it won't work.

I've just heard Matt Le Tissier on TS and he said the same thing. You can't blame Pep....he picked a team that should have done their job properly. The players didn't do what they needed to do so it's not always the Managers fault, it's the players fault as you can't legislate for a player making a mistake during the game.

Personally, too many players didn't turn up on the night - and even of TLMLF started instead of KDB....there were still too many others on the night not doing their job properly.

Last edited by blueboy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 pm

We may eventually get to where we want to be but the process is quite painful sometimes.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Yep agree...but we're still in for a decent season and we all know, we'll be far stronger for it.

Jurgen Klopp said in his press conference....City had plenty of opportunities in the 2nd half to beat a team who are the best attacking team in Europe.....but they missed their chances.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:38 pm

That's true bluey. That's the other bug bear - we are just not clinical enough. Nowhere near.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Agree Dawg, but Pep bought Gabriel for that reason...and he got injured.
Still think we need another proper striker like PEA to make Sergio and Gabriel up and maintain their game.

My one worry is this: if Sergio performs at a level that is just average, I fear Pep may lose patience. Since he came back in, he's a few very good games, but still missed a tonne of chances......is that the tipping point in his career? I really hope not, but we see strikers hit a peak, then in an instance, then suddenly go over the performance curve, be that for finishing or pace or fitness.

Sergio's now 28 nearly 29.....he's had quite a few injuries over the past 2 years.....have they taken their toll on his body? Will he be like he has been 2 or 3 years ago?

I really hope so and deserves and chance for next season to prove his worth to the team, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit, if Pep decided in the summer that he wants another striker to support Gabriel. I wouldn't like it, more so than I hated Joe leaving, but Pep seems to have full control now of the club and has a plan for the future.

So these players, come Sunday, are literally playing for their future.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Does he think he's like VK? Plays well, gets injured, comes back and takes a few games to get going, scores great goals but misses too many chances. Doesn't run around as much as he wants. I reckon we'll get 1-2 young kids that can either play wide or up front, maybe Mbappe or like that. Big, strong, fast and fearless.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:28 pm

To be honest I think Pep has spoiled' Sergio(maybe KdB too)
He was doing fine before Pep decided he should do more around the pitch I'd be happy if Sergio just got back to scoring goals
I wouldn't be surprised if Sergio decides to move on. There's was rumours he wasn't happy wi Peps methods and he definitely won't be happy playing second fiddle to Jesus & he can probably see the writing on the wall after already being dropped for Jesus
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:38 pm

I think Aguero is finished at City. He got this stay of execution simply because Jesus got injured.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:26 pm

If Sergio isn't professional enough to take on board Pep's methodology and doesn't want to work hard for the team, then he may as well leave.

However, he can't make excuses for Pep's style of play, because he's had so many chances and hasn't took them.....he should have scored at least 10 more goals this season but for poor finishing, he hasn't.

As I said earlier, maybe he's just tipped over the performance curve and he won't get any better.

I still love him and hope he stays, but if we get a massive offer for him in the summer, it'd be worthy of consideration at the very least.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:52 pm

If he's taking 5 good chances to score one goal, then it's not good enough for where Pep and our owners want us to be. He's also slacked off with the chasing football an if players now he's got no competition.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3