Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Pep’s at it again
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyToday at 3:07 pm by skyblueoz

» 23/24 Prediction League
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyToday at 3:02 pm by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Who's the best player you've ever seen at City EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who's the best player you've ever seen at City

+4
TMG
shakencity
blueboy
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Who's the best player you've ever seen at City Empty Who's the best player you've ever seen at City

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:18 pm

A few people have come out and said that David Silva is the best player they've ever seen at City. Now some of these folks have been watching the Blues for 30, 40 or 50 years.

So who is the best player you've ever seen play for City?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Who's the best player you've ever seen at City Empty Re: Who's the best player you've ever seen at City

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:25 pm

It's difficult isn't it, it was a different time then but Peter Barnes if we are picking the late 70's, I was just too young to have seen Colin Bell more than a couple of times.

But of the millionaire generation Silva by far for me.

Back to top Go down

Who's the best player you've ever seen at City Empty Re: Who's the best player you've ever seen at City

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

I was a big Peter Barnes fan as a kid.

Silva has done it for us year after year after year so he's probably top of my list too.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm 47....and David Silva is the best by far that I have seen.

I saw the like of Barnes, Bell, Royle etc as a kid, but can't really remember them too much as I started going to the matches with my dad and uncle in 77'....but Silva is just simply brilliant.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Peter Barnes was always my hero....he was the 1st player I ever though "wow, he's brilliant"...and I was over the moon when I met him and had my picture taken with him (profile pic).

That said, Sergio is by far the best player I've ever seen at City...for me, he's head and shoulders infront of anyone else.
Silva is utterly sublime and is slightly ahead of Kinky...who like Silva on his day was unbelievable to watch.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Kinkladze was my favourite player An absolute genius but he was only with us for 3 seasons I think and his time corresponded with the darkest days I can remember for City fans with 2 relegations
Silva has been with us 7 seasons and his time has corresponded with some of our greatest days 
I would agree he is probably the best we have had at City although Sergio runs him close
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Agree....very close run with Sergio. Just glad we've had both in the same team over the past few years.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Had this conversation recently. I said Kinky was the best I've seen, due to his ability to get you out of your seat. An absolute joy to watch.
But I was told that I was wrong (it happens to me a lot) and that Ali Benarbia was in fact even better in my learned friend's opinion. So, I guess it all boils down to which games you attended, and what era best resonates with you.
But I still say it's Kinky, and I'm right.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Kinkladze for me
An absolute beacon of light in a shower of shit
Would have been a joy to watch with the players silva has around him
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Kinky was incredible....but he just wasn't consistent enough for me, compared to Silva. 

He did have that "get you out of your seat talent" that Silva doesn't really have... but Silva is just a sublime magician who does everything (except score more goals) brilliantly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

I'll 2nd that post Andy.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Just cant see that Spanish Dave would've shone in the same squad that was round Kinky.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:58 pm

titbumwilly wrote:Just cant see that Spanish Dave would've shone in the same squad that was round Kinky.

You're probably right TBW....but Kinky did it sporadically. 20 goals in 3 seasons says that. However, I'd love to have seen him in this team. Very Happy

Kinky - 7 goals and 13 assists in 102 PL games.

Silva - 37 goals and 63 assists in 215 PL games.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:05 pm

To be fair though, Silva's only scored 37 in 7 seasons.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Kinky was electric....but the stats favour Silva.

Must admit, I did love Bernabia as well.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:09 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Silva is more consistent for me but Kinky could do more wonderful things and score incredible goals. I loved Bernabia and just wished, along with many others, that we'd got him a few years earlier when he was nearer his prime.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Silva without any doubt for me, but best out & out striker is Kun
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 pm

And then THE GENIUS:

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Bernabia played 71 games for city and scored 11 goals. He was 31  when he came to us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 pm

That Kinky montage puts a huge grin on my face every time. Genius. It always seemed surreal that we had him at the time.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Wish we had him now...he could play in net! affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:31 am

We've had some amazing players over the years.

For me the greatest is Colin Bell he never stopped running, and was as good at defending as he was at going forward.
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down