Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

blisteringblue, Moonchester

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Derby - LIVE THREAD
Today at 9:07 am by blisteringblue

» Fantasy Football 2017-18
Today at 8:45 am by Topdawg

» The odious one
Today at 7:58 am by Topdawg

» DERBY DAY...
Today at 4:47 am by Topdawg

» What a fucking joker
Today at 4:45 am by Topdawg

» Dipper derby
Yesterday at 5:29 pm by Moonchester

» I know they call him the wife-beater, however....
Yesterday at 12:43 pm by Topdawg

» Conspiracy theorists would say it's the perfect excuse....
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 pm by blueboy

» Derby Preview
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:40 pm by blisteringblue

» Filthy rag bastards away
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 pm by blisteringblue

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's our biggest issue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's our biggest issue?

Post by Topdawg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 am

i think we can all agree that we've had issues all over the pitch in Pep's first season in charge.

Where do you think our biggest 'problem' lies?

Goalie, defence, midfield or attack?

For me, the lack of clinical finishing has put pressure on other aspects which has resulted in draws and defeats rather than victories and also allowed some shitty refereeing decisions to overshadow games.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Re: What's our biggest issue?

Post by TMG on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:16 am

For me it's Peps tactics 65% possession in nearly every match including those thT we lost points in
& the SF. We can't go on about the missed chances coz every team has also missed chances against us albeit probably not as many
A well drilled defence can soak up the pressure We then get frustrated lack ideas & get tired making us vulnerable. Be nice once in a while to try something different. Watch Leicester sit back defend deep then hit us on the counter attack in a couple of weeks
Having said that it's not just one thing it's a number of things Tactics,players off form terrible refereeing bad luck wi injuries to key players,, playing players in the wrong position, playing Navas anywhere shit goalkeeper, no young blood coming through, too many personnel changes, the most of any PL team, Blueboys flying curse etc etc ..
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

agree with Tony it is a culmination of a number of things but the 3 major issues I would have is

(1) Not clinical enough

(2) Claudio Bravo

(3) Our inability to break teams down.

Most teams play a 10 man behind the ball tactic when they come to the Etihad. We play into their hands by playing out from the back which allows them to sit & watch us advance into them as we get further up the pitch space gets stifled so we go backwards but that does not entice teams to come out & have a go. so we end up camped in their half & hit with a sucker punch. We need to find a way to get behind these teams score early & make them come out to salvage the points. We need Kev & Merlin to be firing  with quick incisive passing.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:14 pm

should have added this season we have had more than our fair share of very poor decisions that have cost us points & taking off the blinkered glasses for a minute I think we have had 2 decisions go for us that I felt was harsh on the opposition. Sane's goal v Arsenal @ the Etihad was offside & sterlings penalty in the opener v Sunderland was very soft.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

skyblueoz wrote:agree with Tony it is a culmination of a number of things but the 3 major issues I would have is

(1) Not clinical enough

(2) Claudio Bravo

(3) Our inability to break teams down.

Most teams play a 10 man behind the ball tactic when they come to the Etihad. We play into their hands by playing out from the back which allows them to sit & watch us advance into them as we get further up the pitch space gets stifled so we go backwards but that does not entice teams to come out & have a go. so we end up camped in their half & hit with a sucker punch. We need to find a way to get behind these teams score early & make them come out to salvage the points. We need Kev & Merlin to be firing  with quick incisive passing.

Think (1) has been our biggest Achilles heel. I think has contributed to us losing leads in the games we've ended up drawing or losing. Last night was a prime example. Aguero had 9 shots, the one that hit the post he should have scored. The one near the end he volleyed, though not easy, didn't even make the keeper make a save, it went nearer the corner flag than the goal. We then saw Gabriel take his one chance, though it was offside. 

(2) I'm not going there. Think I've made it plainly clear that we HAVEN'T lost any game this season due to a Bravo mistake, of which, he's made 3-4 that led to goals. Joe Hart made 2 in one fucking match FFS for Torino....yet some keep harping on about Bravo. I get what you are all saying, but we haven't dropped points due to his errors!!

(3) I think this stems from the slowness of our build up play. As well as TLMLF played last night, he does generally, slow our game down considerably. We don't really have a MF player who can receive the ball and quickly, at pace, run with the ball beyond the opposition MF. Last night, we greatly missed Silva and I'm sure he would have found that little bit of something special to unlock, what was an 8 man defence. Too many times last night, it took far too long for the ball to reach Sane or Sterling, then invariably, they were marked by 2 players when they got it, so had to pass back inside. The ball to go wide much quicker.

However, I don't think the fact we have slow full backs helps. Something that Pep will address in the summer.

Furthermore....for me, IF United fans are actually pleased with the point, and the fact they shut us out with a defensive masterclass.....wow, how the dynamic has changed in Manchester since Taggert left. A United team actually setting up 'not to get beat'....something Taggert would never accept. How far the mighty have fallen and how far we've come in 9 years where a United team are that shit scared to play us a football, that they defend with 8 men behind the ball and hope to get a counter attack. The most dire form of football imaginable.  Rolling Eyes

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:09 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Wow. 27 goals in 16 games at home this season. That really shocked me. 67 in Pellers first season.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Topdawg wrote:Wow. 27 goals in 16 games at home this season. That really shocked me. 67 in Pellers first season.
But 'Pellers' didn't score them....Aguero, Dzeko and TLMLF did....something that's seriously lacking this season.....finishing the untold chances we keep creating.

Hence, why we need other players in the summer and replace some of the deadwood. Gabriel will definitely get his fair share next season. One chance, one offside goal last night. 3 games, 3 goals before his injury. That's the type of youthful, clinical finishing we've missed this season....which has costs us at least 12 points in games.

Let's hope Sergio stays and he can add to that next season, as he's still a 1 in 2 player, sadly, it's taking him 5 or 6 chances this season to get there.

Be interesting to see how many chances were created in Pellers 1st season compared to this one....and see the conversion rate.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:22 pm

KdB scored a few last season as well but Pep has him playing in a much deeper role which is piss poor in my opinion. To be honest if he's gonna play him deep Id rather him at RB instead of Navas. At least he can put a quality cross in when he gets forward
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 pm

TMG wrote:KdB scored a few last season as well but Pep has him playing in a much deeper role which is piss poor in my opinion. To be honest if he's gonna play him deep Id rather him at RB instead of Navas. At least he can put a quality cross in when he gets forward
He's hardly playing deep....that's just an excuse to blame Pep and exonerate KDB's form. He's been distinctly average this season. Assist figures have been good, but he's been under par this year.
He's pretty much playing in exactly the same position he did last year. TLMLF and Fernandinho have been the deep lying MF's, so there's hardly room for a 3rd to sit deep.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 pm

3 games, 3 goals???
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 pm

I disagree He played further up front last season
I read an interview where he stated he was playing deeper but was happy to play in any position. Pep obviously ain't getting the best out of his 2 best players. Sergio & KdB
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Didn't Gary Neville say, speaking as a defender, that with Bravo as keeper, that would make the defence anxious? Or words to that affect.

Remember chaps, none of his errors have cost us goals that lost us the game.

Let's not worry about his sending off...
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:06 am

Sorry blue but I stated before Bravo has cost us games by his inability to save the 1st fucking shot he faces. This leads us to try & salvage a game by having to come from behind ala Everton, Southampton Or defend a lead ala Chelsea. Bravo looked ok last night but he has been woeful this season & G nev got it spot on when he said the keeper gives the back four no confidence. Is it any coincidence the back 4 has looked a far better unit with Vinnie marshalling it inc Bravo's performances He has actually saved the first shot he has faced in his last 3 games something he hadn't done all season?????????

You can call Joe all you like but I tell you now he would have been far better a bet to save the one's
Bravo can't. How many times in the past does Hart come out & make himself Big on 1 on 1. Yes he has been beaten a few times but he organizes a darn site better & he saves a darn site Better That's because he is a better keeper all round. Distribution wise Bravo is better but we have been down this path listen to every pundit, commentator, Journalist they all sing from the same page we want a keeper to first & fourmost stop shots & make saves, That is what wins you games. A solid back 4 plus keeper gives licence to attack.

I may not agree with a lot of what the pundits/media /Journos say as some seem to have an agenda when it comes to City but as they are all saying the same thing in this instance I have to agree with them. I am not saying we will get Hart back or he is the be all & end all but we will never no what we missed or how close we would have been with him instead of the Chilean Keith McCrae but one thing is for sure we would have been tighter
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am

I think the real reason people have more time for players like Joe (and SWP and even Weaver) is that they've been with the club since they were young. They are 'ours' and we feel more protective towards them. It's only natural. We're prepared to put up with a little more for them rather than older players we're expecting to be the finished article. If this was Angus Gunn making these mistakes, we'd be saying he's young and needs experience.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:10 am

The point about Aguero being less efficient is not necessarily so. We have become increasingly dependet on him these past 2 seasons mainly due to the ineffective Bony & the hope that Kelechi could make the grade. The pellegrini years were nearly always 4,4,2 Each striker had a pairing in which they were able to feed each other & when one wasn't doing the business the other seemed to step up That goes for the Mancini era also. Usually under Mancini You had Aguero with Tevez, Dzeko or Bolotelli, with Pellegrini you had Aguero, with  Negredo, Jovetic & Dzeko. Since the formation changed to just Aguero up top the emphasis to get the goals have been moreso on his shoulders & chances that probably would fall to his strike partner are now also falling to him.

I note that as soon as jesus came on the two up top started again & it was no coincidence that the offside goal all came from Aguero teeing up Jesus. I know it is bloody frustrating given the amount of chances aguero gets & misses but I do also feel this over reliance on 1 main man is a tad unfair.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 am

[quote="skyblueoz"]Sorry blue but I stated before Bravo has cost us games by his inability to save the 1st fucking shot he faces. This leads us to try & salvage a game by having to come from behind ala Everton, Southampton Or defend a lead ala Chelsea.

Not really an objective point that Oz. You're intimating that if a goal is scored against us, it has to be a keeper error. Just because it may be the first shot on target, doesn't necessarily mean Bravo could have or should have saved it.
You've mentioned 3 games there and not one of those games were lost or drawn because of a keeping error. It's not all about the keeper, goals win games.

Look, I'm not a massive fan of Bravo and yes, I hope we do get another keeper next season...I just think it's too simplistic to try and place the blame on one player when the facts don't support it.

You mentioned the Chelsea game....but I could turn that on it's head and say "If KDB had not have missed an open net from 3 yards out, City would have been 2-0 up and cruising and Chelsea would not have sat back and tried to hit us on the break".

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:28 am

skyblueoz wrote:The point about Aguero being less efficient is not necessarily so. We have become increasingly dependet on him these past 2 seasons mainly due to the ineffective Bony & the hope that Kelechi could make the grade. The pellegrini years were nearly always 4,4,2 Each striker had a pairing in which they were able to feed each other & when one wasn't doing the business the other seemed to step up That goes for the Mancini era also. Usually under Mancini You had Aguero with Tevez, Dzeko or Bolotelli, with Pellegrini you had Aguero, with  Negredo, Jovetic & Dzeko. Since the formation changed to just Aguero up top the emphasis to get the goals have been moreso on his shoulders & chances that probably would fall to his strike partner are now also falling to him.

I note that as soon as jesus came on the two up top started again & it was no coincidence that the offside goal all came from Aguero teeing up Jesus. I know it is bloody frustrating given the amount of chances aguero gets & misses but I do also feel this over reliance on 1 main man is a tad unfair.

Pellers was mentioned earlier and the amount of goals scored last year. The only player out of that list who played regularly last season was Aguero...with sporadic appearances from Kelechi...the other players weren't even at the club.

I agree Aguero shoulders a lot of responsibility, but he has missed far more simpler chances this season than we've seen from him. I think Pep would have liked to have squeezed Gabriel and Aguero in together, but sadly, Gabriel got injured and whenever Kelechi has been given a chance, he's been awful.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:52 am

Topdawg wrote:I think the real reason people have more time for players like Joe (and SWP and even Weaver) is that they've been with the club since they were young. They are 'ours' and we feel more protective towards them. It's only natural. We're prepared to put up with a little more for them rather than older players we're expecting to be the finished article. If this was Angus Gunn making these mistakes, we'd be saying he's young and needs experience.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not a Joe Hart hater....(see my posts at the beginning of the season) I wanted him to stay. I heard a North West journalist talking last week and he claimed one of the main reasons Hart was sent out on loan, was his attitude and behaviour last year. He seemed to think he was the main man and wanted his say on everything, even behind the scenes. Wonder if that has come from the keeping coach or Kidd, as they were the only one's who avoided the cull?

Maybe the kicking/passing was a softer excuse? Who knows, guess the truth will come out at some point when/if he leaves.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 am

think you're on the right track there Bluey..
Moonchester

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 am

We all said it seemed odd at the start of the season. Maybe it was an example to other players, then we had the whole TLMLF thing...but to be fair, his and his agents comments were more overt and happened over 2 years.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:48 am

i'm not going down the track of arguing  My point about Bravo is an opinion I am sticking with because ultimately the 1st shot that went in was the one that cost us the points. If he had been good enough to save the bloody thing then we would have bagged 3 points instead of 1. KDB issue against Chelsea is not up for argument. The point is Bravo had 3 saves to make & let in 3. Bravo should being a keeper at least look like he is going or trying to save it he fails miserably. All ifs & buts maybe but is there honestly a worse goalkeeper in the premier league I have yet to see him
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 pm

As you said, it's an opinion, not fact Oz. Very Happy

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm