Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City

2 posters

Go down

I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City Empty I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:57 pm

It's what everyone wants; local lads making the first team squad and then nailing down a place in the 1st team. It's a romantic idea and many of us dream of that happening.

There's been a few false dawns recently but, in all honesty, the kids haven't been good enough. Testament to that is none that we have discarded have made it to the higher levels. Yes, we've provided several PL players, but most aren't household names.

With the crazy transfer market this summer, i think that may well change. Pep himself said it's not sustainable to buy several players every summer and we'll be in for 1 or 2 players each summer. We'll be paying off the amortisation of the players we bought this summer to the tune of about £45M a year. We've saved a bit by a few players leaving, but this amortisation and possible wage increase is covered by the new tv deal.

To have an expensive summer again, we would need to have new or increased sources of income to fund it. A new kit deal and shirt sponsorship would sort it our for another expensive summer but we can't keep getting new mega deals to fund our spending.

As two or three players every season become too old, injured or not good enough, I can see us trying to promote a kid or two as well as buy big. For instance, next summer we could easily say goodbye to Yaya and Fernandinho and Kompany may find himself injured again. We couldn't replace players of that level easily, or cheaply, so kids have to come in and start taking their places. The following season, we could say goodbye to Silva and Aguero and ready made replacement would empty our coffers.

I have a feeling that Foden will be kept with the 1st team squad and Diaz may be lucky enough too. I think Roberts will go on loan to a PL club or top tier club in a decent league (Girona perhaps).

Interesting and exciting times ahead blues. Fingers crossed a couple of kids come along for the ride.

Last edited by Topdawg on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City Empty Re: I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:49 pm

who wrote that?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City Empty Re: I'm pretty certain kids will get their chance at City

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Cheeky beggar
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Just read an article that says with Netflix, amazon and others sniffing around, sky may have to pay an extra £600M a season for their rights next time around.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 pm

You could end up with each club getting an extra £25-£3 a season from the next tv deal, maybe a little more with the new overseas deal as well.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 pm

This could mean we can carry on spending like this for a few years at least
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down