Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyToday at 4:10 am by skyblueoz

» Nijinsky tips
Shooting  in Vegas EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Shooting  in Vegas EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Shooting  in Vegas EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
Shooting  in Vegas EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Shooting in Vegas

4 posters

Go down

Shooting  in Vegas Empty Shooting in Vegas

Post by TMG Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:41 am

2 dead and 24 injured so far but just watched a video and you can hear the sound of automatic gun fire for quite a few seconds so reckon its gonna be a lot worse Crying or Very sad

Not known if its a terrorist or just a random everyday US shooting as yet
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Shooting  in Vegas Empty Re: Shooting in Vegas

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 am

Just popped up that it's now at least 20 dead, 100 injured.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Latest death toll risen to 50, shocking!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm

That will no doubt get higher....with so many injured.

Fucking bastard!

I have friends who fly for Virgin who were out there last night, staying in the hotel next door....thankfully, they've arrived home OK this morning.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:25 am

58 dead and 500 injured.  Whose fault though - with the gun laws the way they are.  Any deranged soul can purchase a semi automatic weapon as long as they don't have a police record/felony or are on the terrorist watch list.

30,000 Americans die every year of gun related deaths!!   More than were killed in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars.  Go figure.  Number 45 endorses the right to bear arms and endorses the NRA.  I have stopped being outraged.  The authorities today were calling for the public to ring in with tips.  I almost called with a tip.  Try gun control.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:57 am

I wrote this yesterday on FB, after chatting with some friends who were out in Las Vegas as crew for Virgin.

Sorry, it's a rather long observation on today's events.
Another horrible tragedy today in Las Vegas. It's awful for those affected, however, when will the citizens of the USA learn from this and hundreds of other mass shootings through legal ownership of firearms, in the hands of idiots, extremists or mentally ill individuals?
The 2nd amendment was introduced into the Constitution to allow the average person to rise up against a tyrannical Government. However, in those days, people carried muskets. Today, they legally carry M4 assault rifles into a supermarket...and they wonder why no other country in the whole world, has mass shootings like they do in the USA, where innocent people of all genders, faiths and ages get slaughtered?
The NRA backed Trumps election campaign, even though years before, he stood against the gun lobby. He told NRA members "I will not let you down". It was later shown that the NRA placed multi-million $ bets on Trump becoming President. They poured over $50m into Republican Senate candidates, which was 96% of its total outside spending, $30.3m on Trump alone.
So, when you see the likes of Trumps new Press Secretary, Sarah 'Hick-a-bee' Sanders, shedding crocodile tears over the Las Vegas shooting, then 90 seconds later, take questions on Puerto Rico disaster funding, you have to ask yourself how sincere those tears were.
Another question that came to me today, is this: how many of those attending that concert:
- voted for Trump and his support of the NRA?
- owned assault rifles and other firearms?
That's not to say that any of them were justifiably killed because they owned a firearm. But I'm sure when all those other children were slaughtered in other parts of America, by lunatics with high-powered assault rifles, they never thought they'd find themselves on the end of a high calibre round that they themselves, had loaded into similar firearms they themselves owned.
Many Americans will claim "but it's our right to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment"...well, my answer to that is simple;
"Why haven't you used these high powered firearms to remove the tyrannical Governments that are in power now or have been in the past? Furthermore, it's a fucking amendment! The Constitution can be changed, hence why it's called an 'amendment'....but only if enough people stand up and speak out".

For some, the pity is waning for incidents like this and that's wrong...but there's only so many times you can watch these incidents from afar and say to yourself..."what, again?"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Weapons of war in the hands of civilians.  Everybody grieving over loved ones being killed, more mourners at the funerals to follow... then back to business - nothing will be done about the gun laws.  Once you own guns you can sell them to another individual without any checks and balances.  I ask you - the answer is staring them in the face.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:35 pm

One of my best friends is from the USA and went back a few years ago.

I've spoken to him about this and he replied with this:

These are tragic incidents and I don’t belittle them at all, it could have been us or my kids at that concert – but since you asked here is my take

Gun laws – they may change but enforcing them with so many guns (un-registered) would be impossible. The NRA is a very very powerful political force and even the mighty Obama could not right the ship, and frankly the ONLY way it would ever be difficult to own a gun is not to limit gun sales, although stiffer back ground checks would be good, to restrict the sale of ammo.

I own guns, guns I really don’t need for any protection, but I like to target shoot, and there are millions like me. Guns in safes well away from harm.

Unfortunately, you cannot stop a lunatic. He had guns available so he shot people. He could have easily went on line and worked out how to make an IED and killed as many, if not more, or as it seems to be the flavor in Europe right now jumped in a truck and mowed them over. Bottom line, you cant stop every fucking lunatic…period.

From the outside the US always looks bizarre to people – and unfortunately this open gun law culture is something we have to live with for now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 am

Bullshit.  Australia banned all semi and fully automatic weapons in 1996 and since then have had no mass shootings.  Not only that - the deaths by guns has dropped dramatically as have suicides.  

Vegas is not a one off - there was the Orlando massacre, the Sandy Hook massacre of 20 tiny children and 6 educators - the recent slaughter of 9 black people in their church.

Nobody calling for the total ban on guns - that will never happen but stringent gun control/background checks and the total ban of military weapons to civilians needs to happen.

Once America decided the slaughter of children was bearable - the gun control debate was essentially over.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down