Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» The central Defence Problem
Yesterday at 10:20 pm by Strange Blue

» Mendy on the mend
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Strange Blue

» City vs Feyenoord
Yesterday at 8:01 pm by Strange Blue

» Van Aanholt in January??
Yesterday at 7:56 pm by Strange Blue

» Fantasy Football 2017-18
Yesterday at 6:03 pm by blueboy

» Leicester v City - Live Thread
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by blueboy

» Phenomenon
Yesterday at 2:23 pm by Topdawg

» Too many obstacles?
Yesterday at 9:28 am by Topdawg

» Bluemoon Prediction League 2017/18
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 pm by blisteringblue

» Nearly a parents worse fear.....
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 pm by blueboy

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Player rating vs Napoli

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Player rating vs Napoli

Post by Topdawg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 am

We've seen some shitty player ratings in most of the rag top papers. Absolutely disgusting considering Napoli are a top team, riding on the cost of a wave and sweeping all before them in Italy. 

Ederson - 8

Nothing he could do about the goals he conceded and he made a fabulous save at 2-2 and his all round play was good.

Danilo - 7

Roasted early on down the right, though he got back into it, bizarrely, after they went 1-0 up and didn't press so eagerly. Ghoulam going off obviously helped him and he was more composed from then on. First game in a while, so happy to cut him some slack.

Stones - 9
Otamendi - 8.5

Napoli are a very good team and bound to create chances. They've scored over 40 goals this season already so them creating chances is a given. Their first goal was well created and any fault would be at the feet of Danilo and Kev rather than the centre backs. I don 't think too much came through the middle and both players were, in general, very composed under a high press. Both scored and Stones hot the crossbar. Otamendi loses half a point for his yellow card lunge, though I actually enjoyed it!!!

Delph - 7.5

Played pretty well under the high press. Composed most of the time and not caught out too often, except for a great chance at 2-2 when Emerson made a fantastic save. But it was a delicious pass, so not too much blame on Delph. Didn't bomb down the wing like Mendy would do, but that wasn't his job tonight.

Fernandinho - 8.5

I thought he was finished last season and definitely behind Yaya in the pecking order but he's proved me, and others, so wrong with plenty of masterful performances. Worked hard last night under the press of Napoli and always offered an outlet for the defenders and keeper. Snuffed out many chances for Napoli. Good job.

KdB - 7

He started very poorly misplacing passes and was lazy not tracking back on their first goal. Probably the poorest 20 minutes I can remember from him. But he upped his game, as did the team, afterwards. More composed and better passing, though not hitting the heights from earlier on in the season. Nicely timed pass for Sterling's goal.

Gundogan - 7

Pretty quiet really. Not the level of David Silva, but he's coming back from a long term injury and this was a tough game. He's now figured, at some point, in our last 6 or 7 games so he's Pep's go to man when Silva/Ferna isn't playing I would say. Not at the level he was displaying last season yet.

Sterling - 9

Fantastic performance, really stretching their defence and getting behind his man countless times. He was a bit soft on his penalty shout (I think he should have done better), but he was always a big threat and took his goal well.

Sane - 7.5

Sane seems to blow hot and cold throughout games. He does some wonderful stuff: stretching the defence, breaking with blistering pace, mazy dribbles past 2 or 3 defenders, puts in great crosses and scores some fabulous goals. But he also makes some bad passes, and choices, and can be a little bit light in the tackle. When he's good, he's very, very good. When he's bad, he gets me screaming at the telly. Offered the ref the chance to give a soft penalty which got them back into the game.

Augero - 8

What can we say about our goalscorer supreme that hasn't already been said before? He worked hard, chasing down the keeper and defenders and he scored a gaolscorers goal chasing after Sane when some would have just let the boy get on with it once he was clear. Fantastic for him, the club and us fans for him to break the record in  a big, tough match against a very, very good team.

subs - not that bothered, but a special mention to Spanish Dave who was silky smooth as usual,
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Re: Player rating vs Napoli

Post by blueboy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 am

Can't really argue with any of those scores or comments.

The only thing I would say, is that Sane is still very young. He's probably 6 or 7 years away from being in his prime - which, when you look at it like that, is absolutely frightening.

Stand out performers for me were Stones and Sterling. Two English players that somehow, when they join up with England, don't replicate their club form. Wonder why? Rolling Eyes

Oh...and Ederson's passing once again - simply brilliant.(amazing that we constantly use 'passing' when praising a goalkeeper!!!)

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:54 am

Keown said he could hold down a place in the midfield for some teams. His passing is that good.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am

I'm happy to cut Sane some slack, but rating are given on performance, not potential!

If you're old enough to play, you're old enough to be slagged off too! But he is getting better and better and defences are running scared of him.

We are starting to remind me of the great united teams where they had several players that could cause you trouble like beckham, giggs, scholes etc. You couldn't afford to double team them because you left someone else free.

We've now got Sterling, Sane, Augero, Jesus, Silva and KdB who require serious attention from the opposition. Can't man mark or double team them all.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 pm

It was an outstanding performance against a top top team. Funny how the Spuds performance at home against a piss poor & in bad form Real gets more plaudits than our fantastic win
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Agree Tone. Madrid are 8 points off Barca in La Liga whereas Napoli have won something like 10 out of 11in Serie A
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:55 pm

The Spurs fans make me laugh. Calling in TS saying "yeah, but the difference between us and City's result is the money they've spent and how we have such a young team"

Their starting 11 was 11 years younger than ours last night...hardly a massive difference! Razz

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

How much was that Davison Sanchez then? €40M. And Aurier must have come through the youth system? He cost €25M. They bought Llorente for €15M and Foyuth(?) for €13m.

When they've got the money, they'll spend it.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Or the one that called in to state that their win was the better result because City failed to beat RM over 2 games last season. Right, when RM were on fire and won the CL unlike their current run of terrible form. None of them mentioned the fact that it took an offside goal and a wicked deflection to beat a bang average team.
ManCityMan

Back to top Go down

Post by blisteringblue on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Goldstein and Cundy were funny after the matches on TS the other night, both saying City was the better result (Cundy was 50/50) but not a single spuddie would have any of it.    It was like they had won the CL outright.
blisteringblue

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Yeah....listened to that one. Razz Razz Razz

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content