Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Paulpowersleftfoot

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Who’s the ‘victim’ here?
Today at 1:39 pm by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Pep is manager of the month.....again
Today at 11:03 am by Topdawg

» Bluemoon Prediction League 2017/18
Today at 10:11 am by Moonchester

» Jose asked to explain himself
Today at 9:20 am by Topdawg

» Big thanks to Rich
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by blueboy

» Swansea vs City -LIVE!!!!!
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by blueboy

» Fantasy Football 2017-18
Yesterday at 4:40 pm by Topdawg

» Swansea vs City - Kompany out
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 pm by Nijinsky

» Is 11 points enough to let us coast the league???
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 pm by leopold

» Ticket and travel to Swansea?
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm by blueboy

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City vs Feyernood - LIVE!!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City vs Feyernood - LIVE!!!

Post by Topdawg on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Mangala, Otamendi, Danilo, Gundogan, Yaya Toure, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero (C)

Subs | Bravo, Foden, Delph, Silva, Fernandinho, Diaz, G Jesus
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Re: City vs Feyernood - LIVE!!!

Post by Topdawg on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

That was do pleasing. Might go rattle a few dipper cages

Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Just noticed that we are the only team in the CL (A-H) to rack up 15 points at this stage.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Wow....how shit do we look with Bernardo, Gundogan and TLMLF in MF?

TLMLF plays 30 yards in front of the CB's, which means he occupies the space for the attacking MF's....and with that, because he's so far away from the CB's. Danilo can't go to wide and forward, as the space behind him could be exposed, as the 2 CB's can't split.

With Fernandinho, he's plays much closer to the CB's, allowing them to split and the full backs to wide.

Bernardo just does the same thing as Navas does when he plays wide right....run, stop, turn, pass backwards. Gundogan's ball for Sterling was class...but he looks very ponderous. He definitely needs more game time. I hopeful Bernardo will get some time in the middle, as out wide, he offers us nothing.

Walker made some great runs tonight. Sterling worked hard and took his goal brilliantly. Aguero looked way off the pace.

Sane and Silva, with KDB and Sterling are a millions miles better than what we've seen tonight. The same thing happened against Wolves....it's almost like a mirror image of last season when some of these players play - slow, slow and slower. It can't be a coincidence.

Anyway, 3 points, top the group, Foden gets his debut, Diaz has a small cameo....and we can send our B team to the Ukraine...and KDB's card doesn't matter one bit.

Last edited by blueboy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Strange Blue wrote:Just noticed that we are the only team in the CL (A-H) to rack up 15 points at this stage.
Have you seen the possible list of teams for the next round??? Shocked

Bayern, Real, Juve in there.....

It's one thing them being out of form now, but it matters next Feb how you play.

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm

I want to keep the winning run going, but I think most of us would want to play the kids before the derby. The interesting thing is that Pep has a lot of respect for both the CL & Napoli & he knows that we will decide their fate. Even though its a dead rubber I think he will play a stronger team than most of us expect.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 pm

blueboy wrote:
Strange Blue wrote:Just noticed that we are the only team in the CL (A-H) to rack up 15 points at this stage.
Have you seen the possible list of teams for the next round??? Shocked

Bayern, Real, Juve in there.....

It's one thing them being out of form now, but it matters next Feb how you play.

At least we avoid Barca & PSG, but granted its not the advantage it usualy is.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Not to mention that Stones will be back by then although Kompany will probably be in the treatment room come January. Sad
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:52 pm

I can see Pep playing maybe 4-5 first teamers, 4-5 backups and maybe give one kid a start. Just can't see him playing Foden AND Diaz from the start.

Which players would you protect for the derby then?

I'd save:
Ederson
Otamendi
Delph
KdB (his yellow card tonight does the job)
Fernandinho
Aguero/Jesus
Sane
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Worth repeating:

Phil Foden became one of the Blues’ youngest ever player to feature in a Champions League game after replacing Yaya Toure on 75 minutes.

City have now won 17 games in a row in all competitions – (yet another) new Club record

The Blues are now undefeated in 25 games.

Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Topdawg wrote:I can see Pep playing maybe 4-5 first teamers, 4-5 backups and maybe give one kid a start. Just can't see him playing Foden AND Diaz from the start.

I'd save:
Ederson
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
Aguero/Jesus
Sane

Can't argue with that.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 pm

On 2nd thoughts do goal keepers really need a rest? Ok just remembered its mr take a kick in the face Ederson, he really does put it on the line. Hes the perfect keeper for a Pep team & I wouldnt swap him for any one the "Manc Cyborg".
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

blueboy wrote:Wow....how shit do we look with Bernardo, Gundogan and TLMLF is MF?

TLMLF plays 30 yards in front of the CB's, which means he occupies the space for the attacking MF's....and with that, because he's so far away from the CB's. Danilo can't go to wide and forward, as the space behind him could be exposed, as the 2 CB's can't split.

With Fernandinho, he's plays much closer to the CB's, allowing them to split and the full backs to wide.

Bernardo just does the same thing as Navas does when he plays wide right....run, stop, turn, pass backwards. Gundogan's ball for Sterling was class...but he looks very ponderous. He definitely needs more game time. I hopeful Bernardo will get some time in the middle, as out wide, he offers us nothing.

Walker made some great runs tonight. Sterling worked hard and took his goal brilliantly. Aguero looked way off the pace.

Sane and Silva, with KDB and Sterling are a millions miles better than what we've seen tonight. The same thing happened against Wolves....it's almost like a mirror image of last season when some of these players play - slow, slow and slower. It can't be a coincidence.

Anyway, 3 points, top the group, Foden gets his debut, Diaz has a small cameo....and we can send our B team to the Ukraine.
..and KDB's card doesn't matter one bit.
Even though Raheem wasn't poor by any stretch (I think he had a decent enough 2nd half when switched to the right) you can see the massive difference when he plays with more 'in-form' players. The drop off without Sané, Silva, Fernandinho is marked. And the Mangler is no great shakes either. 

Our first team is fantastic. I really thought our squad players could seamlessly slip into the team without too much drop off, but I suppose you can't change too many players without changing the overall performance.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 am

Topdawg wrote:I can see Pep playing maybe 4-5 first teamers, 4-5 backups and maybe give one kid a start. Just can't see him playing Foden AND Diaz from the start.

I'd save:
Ederson
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
Aguero/Jesus
Sane

***for me, Silva is always a key player in the Derby. He stays at home tucked up in bed. 

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Well, I've just recovered from the catatonic state that last night's match left me in.  Man, I'd hate to be a rag right now, that's what they get treated to every week Laughing

Our attacking play was dreadfully slow.  I know most of those players aren't at full match speed yet, but they are training with the regular first eleven often enough to be at least in the 85-90% bracket and yet hardly any of them were.  Only Danilo was really on it for me.  Gundogan was largely ineffective, but I'm inclined to let him off after that killer pass that split Feyenoord's defence at the end to let Sterling in.  But he was better than Bernie Silva, who is still leaving me cold when I see him play. I'm sure there must be some talent in there, but I'm just not seeing it; he's as one footed as Merlin, but doesn't seem to have the speed, strength or vision.  Maybe he'll come good, but I'm just not seeing it.  The only incision I saw from midfield was from Sterling, who was being closed down by two defenders for most of the game.

TLF just slows the game down too much; at least 70% of his passes went immediately back to the player who passed to him and most of the rest went either sideways or backwards.  When he did eventually try a run at their defence, nothing came of it.  I didn't fail to notice that Foden got further up the field and ran farther in his 19 minutes on the pitch than Yaya managed in 75.

A win is a win, I guess, but we need these backup guys to be much, much better than this if we're going to seriously challenge for all honours this season.  I'm not suggesting for a microsecond that we'll get the quad, but I do feel we're going to fade in all competitions if we can't rely on them to deliver the goods.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Last night made me feel the need for a couple more players in January. But they really have to at it 100%!
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:27 pm

player feelings from last night -
Ederson - dropped a clanger with lack of concentration but just got away with it, did everything else asked of him.

Danilo - Seemed to be drifting infield a lot and getting short balls of Mangala every time. Didn't get forward hardly in first half, better in second half.
Walker - Looked good, strong runs forward at pace. Usual stuff from him.
Ottamendi - did alright, played on his wrong side but seemed OK and look forward to him alongside Kompany this weekend.
Mangala - Looks a shadow of the player even from his first few weeks at City. Too nervous on the ball and that will be his downfall. Pep wants ball players at the back and he is anything but.

Toure - Slow and sat too far forward cramping our midfield, or then sat too far back and cramping defence and dreadfully slow getting between these 2 positions. Experience yes, effort, no..
Bernardo - Seems out of sorts on the right wing in that formation. Looked better in the 5 minutes he moved inside when Diaz came on.
KDB - Not his usual high standard, but was still running but didn't have Sane to aim for with his killer passes. Unlucky not to nick one before he came off.
Gundongan - Not quite a passenger but not effective enough in the attacking mid role. Think he would suit where Fernandinho plays to quarter-back the game more.
Sterling - Just doesn't work with him on the left.from the right he casued far more problems and eventually got a goal. poor first half on the left.
Foden - Did good when he came on, decent touches at first then seemed to play a few safer passes where I think he could have moved forward more.
Diaz - Touch looked excellent and I think he should be given more time on in that position to see what he can offer.

Aguero - Seemed rusty and half a yard off his normal pace. Decent runs and vision just not the usual end product.
Jesus - Didn't get up to full speed when he came on or impact the game as normal,wasn't 100%sure what position he was to be taking up.

overall as a team we were a little short of normal, it's tough when we're so miffed about a game in Europe where we were never in any danger of conceding and struggling to press home the advantage into a goal.

No real complaints, just hope we're back to normal on Sunday...
Moonchester

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Generally agree with that. Definitely agree with Gundogan in the Fernandinho role. Far better than Yaya. Bernardo is left footed & appears unable to kick with his right as shown when he shot straight at the keeper very weakly when he should have scored. So stick him on the left or the middle
Mongala was poor. I guess he needs a few matches as he must be rusty. Worryingly with Stones out he could be getting a few more games
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content