Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
How have City been doing lately? EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
How have City been doing lately? EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Wensdi

» Nijinsky tips
How have City been doing lately? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
How have City been doing lately? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
How have City been doing lately? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
How have City been doing lately? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
How have City been doing lately? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
How have City been doing lately? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
How have City been doing lately? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
How have City been doing lately? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How have City been doing lately?

5 posters

Go down

How have City been doing lately? Empty How have City been doing lately?

Post by Topdawg Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Since Christmas we've had some pretty tough games with most teams defending deep and trying to hit us on the break and Liverpool go for us and hit us in the break when we were on top.

Newcastle 0-1 City
Palace 0-0 City
City 3-1 Watford
City 4-1 Burnley
CIty 2-1 Bristol City
Liverpool 4-3 City
City 3-1 Newcastle

These have been tough games with most teams parking the bus. And, despite having so much of the ball and winning most games, it's been tough and a very tough watch at times. And we've started leaking goals. Usually just one, but we've been rocked at Liverpool and wobbled at the back in other games too.

I just feel our current firm will not blow teams away as we used to,especially the bigger teams, unless they come out and make it a game. We're still not nearly as clinical as we should be, terrible at corners and getting caught offside when we've got the zippiest players in the business who shouldn't get caught offside. 

I can see why Pep might not want to get another striker in, but it'd be really nice to have another excitingly feast winger that can really dribble a ball.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

How have City been doing lately? Empty Re: How have City been doing lately?

Post by blueboy Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

16 goals scored

8 goals conceded

That form will win you most leagues....and that's us not at our best.

Again today...we struggled to break them down, through some sloppy play and poor finishing.

But....we have something that other teams don't. We keep so much possession for so long, that teams naturally get tired in the final 15 minutes.....just like LFC, when we were 4-1 down and came back to 4-3.

Today, we had to be patient, but it took it's toll in the end...yes, it'd be great to be 4-0 up after 60 mins....but teams just sit with a bank of 5 now. They sit back and just 'hope' they get a lucky break like today.

I wouldn't be too harsh today, 3-1 is a good result.

Great to see Aguero getting another hatrick...that should do his confidence the world of good.

3 points, 12 points back in front....one less game til the end of the season. All good for the PL...but what worries me is the cup comps coming up.

We need cover at LB, CB and another striker/attacking MF player IMO to fight on 4 fronts. Zichenko did well today, but against CL teams in the later rounds, I think he'll be found out in a BIG way (not his fault, he's a LMF/attacking left winger).

Thought BT Sports were a bit harsh on Stones after the match. Not sure he was at any fault for the goal, it was good pass....yes, Zinchenko could have been closer, but sometimes, you just have to say "good pass, good finish"...more concerning is how KDB lost the ball so easily and the next press wasn't great...too far off their MF's.

But, 3 points is 3 points...well done boys.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Zinky has done very well for a kid thrust into a new position, but he's what he is; a 3rd choice LB. 

What seems strange to me is that Pep seems to want another MF but has said no LB or striker. We might still be in for JFE but I'm surprised that we're not getting a LB and relying on Delph (decent enough), Danilo (offers nowt going forwards) and Zinky (still learning the ropes). Maybe Angelino will be a more purposeful back up next season to Mendy, but I'm more worried for the finish to this season.

Would we take where we are now? Absolutely.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Seems that Angelino is staying at Breda until the end of the season...rumours were he'd be coming back and sent on loan to someone else...but Pep wants them to stay there. Could be worth a shout to bring him back as cover and play him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I was always expecting this to happen. It's easy to play the free flowing, attractive football when playing one game a week in reasonable conditions, but at this time we're playing two or three a week in the freezing cold, so it's to be expected that we'd falter. I've noticed though, that we're not looking tired, rather we're only doing enough to win, conserving the energy a bit, which is good game management.

I'm happy with how things are progressing and if we come away from this season potless I'll be very surprised.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Because we have the ball for so long, we're having to do less tracking back and defending. 

I think we'll see the rags losing or drawing a few in he next few weeks with their fixtures...so more breathing room to rest players, now that 'unbeaten bollocks' is finished.

To think, as of now, we're 21 points ahead of Spurs!!! The media darlings. 21 points!!
At the end of the season, you'd go wow...this supposed challengers at the start of the season, are 21 points behind us and we're only into week 3 of January!!That's how good we've been!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:43 pm

If we win the league, I’d like to do it in the derby
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Topdawg wrote:If we win the league, I’d like to do it in the derby
If we won it the week before would they not have to give us a guard of honour???
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 pm

mebbe so but it might just be a couple fo thousand away fans that see it happen live. I'd like us to stuff united by quite a few too win the title.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:41 pm

I hope we've been practicing corners before the match on Tuesday night.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down