Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Brilliant article on Raheem Sterling
Today at 1:02 am by Strange Blue

» Bluemoon Prediction League 2017/18
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by ManCityMan

» LFC v Roma....
Yesterday at 5:54 pm by blueboy

» Phil on Phil...
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by blueboy

» Forever Blue...
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by blueboy

» The scum are at it again
Yesterday at 3:35 am by skyblueoz

» Here you go Nijinsky - for your avatar
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:56 pm by blueboy

» Some footage from yesterday...City v Swans
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am by Topdawg

» Fantasy Football 2017-18
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am by blueboy

» Kolorov and Dzeko want revenge tonight...
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:25 am by blueboy

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Dippers 2nd leg

Go down

Dippers 2nd leg

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Not been the best of weeks
Tuesday nights visit of Liverpool should give an insight into whether Pep has it in him to get them back on track.
I’ve no doubt in my mind if we had gone full strength yesterday then it would’ve been a much happier mood in the Etihad yesterday evening and has it been damaging psychologically,we’ll know if we capitulate on Tuesday.

Be interesting how Liverpool set up,I can’t see them coming at us gung-ho as is their wont at Anfield,I suspect they will play deep & narrow and look to pick us off on the counter as realistically one away goal will be enough to take them through to the semis.
Biggest issue for me has been our lack of tempo.Plenty of meaningless possession with little end product with slow approach play 
We have to be right on it from the off,an early goal and you never know as Liverpool can ship goals as we can

Ederson
Walker Kompany Stones Delph
Fernandinho
Sterling DeBruyne Silva Sane
Aguero
Paulpowersleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Dippers 2nd leg

Post by blueboy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm

I'd play Otamendi and Stones. Vinny looks fucked both physically and emotionally. I think yesterday would have taken more out of him than last Weds - emotionally.

In fact, I'd even play Mendy just for the sake of it. It's an all or nothing game - only if he's 85%. 

Ederson
Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, 
Walker, Fernadinho, KDB, Mendy
Sterling, Ageuro, Silva

I'd rest Sane - he looks fucked as well and not sure the last 2 performances have done his confidence any good whatsoever.
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

I agree about Sane 
Will be very difficult to stop the dippers from scoring 
but if they do it's definitely game over 
Ederson 
Walker Stones Vinny Otamendi Delph
KdB Silva Dino Sterling 
Sergio
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Just my two cents worth - Very nervous at the start as I didn't like the line up.  Thought he should have gone with his strongest team - to include KDB and Jesus or Aguero.  After the two goal lead I thought I was wrong to doubt Pep's lineup but we just looked awful starting the second half as if we had already won and could take it easy.  Just know that Liverpool will go through and we will either lose or draw against the Spuds and have to wait until the Swansea game to win the title.
Wensdi

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:00 pm

I bet t5he players joke about our possession stats back in the dressing room. Those 2nd half knock about performances have been to our detriment. Pundits say we've been conserving energy and they're like a training exercise. Show me a training exercise, where you've got goals and a goalkeeper, where the objective is to keep the ball and not score?

We should have been going harder in those 2nd halves even when we've been 3-0 up at HT. Opposition usually will just defend to avoid a humiliating scoreline and we should use it as a training exercise to be able to score against teams with 10 men behind the ball. We've got to keep going deeper into games and get a 4th and 5th. Swap players earlier to give guys a chance to have maybe 30 minutes to make a mark in the game.

I'd go similar to Rich. Otamendi has been involved in 3 hammering of late. Argentina shipped 6 against Spain and we've let in 3 goals in each of our last two games. 

If Liverpool sit back like they did in the 2nd half, maybe having Stones to play the ball or run with it is a good option.

Can't see Mendy getting a look in at all.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Wensdi wrote:Just my two cents worth - Very nervous at the start as I didn't like the line up.  Thought he should have gone with his strongest team - to include KDB and Jesus or Aguero.  After the two goal lead I thought I was wrong to doubt Pep's lineup but we just looked awful starting the second half as if we had already won and could take it easy.  Just know that Liverpool will go through and we will either lose or draw against the Spuds and have to wait until the Swansea game to win the title.
Problem is Wensdi....we need 6 points now. So only a win at Spurs and a win at Swansea will secure the title (Utd results dependant).
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Topdawg wrote:I bet t5he players joke about our possession stats back in the dressing room. Those 2nd half knock about performances have been to our detriment. Pundits say we've been conserving energy and they're like a training exercise. Show me a training exercise, where you've got goals and a goalkeeper, where the objective is to keep the ball and not score?

We should have been going harder in those 2nd halves even when we've been 3-0 up at HT. Opposition usually will just defend to avoid a humiliating scoreline and we should use it as a training exercise to be able to score against teams with 10 men behind the ball. We've got to keep going deeper into games and get a 4th and 5th. Swap players earlier to give guys a chance to have maybe 30 minutes to make a mark in the game.

I'd go similar to Rich. Otamendi has been involved in 3 hammering of late. Argentina shipped 6 against Spain and we've let in 3 goals in each of our last two games. 

If Liverpool sit back like they did in the 2nd half, maybe having Stones to play the ball or run with it is a good option.

Can't see Mendy getting a look in at all.
So you're happy to play Vinny in 3 games in 6 days? Not for me. Our best performances this season have been with Stones and Otamendi. However, Stones wasn't even on the bench yesterday...so no idea why or whether he'll even be included come Tuesday. Not sure what's going on with him and Pep....but something is.
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm not sure exactly for the CBs. I said something similar top Rich's team, not exactly the same.

Stones has been awful since he came back from injury but pretty majestic before he got injured.

I expect him to start against Liverpool. Otamendi has been involved in three big defeats in his last three games (including the 6 goals Spain put past Argentina) and hasn't pulled up any trees for city against the dippers or rags.

Don't want Laporte and Stones together so who's left now that Mangala isn't around and Tosin has been tossed aside?
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm not sure exactly for the CBs. I said something similar top Rich's team, not exactly the same.

Stones has been awful since he came back from injury but pretty majestic before he got injured.

I expect him to start against Liverpool. Otamendi has been involved in three big defeats in his last three games (including the 6 goals Spain put past Argentina) and hasn't pulled up any trees for city against the dippers or rags.

Don't want Laporte and Stones together so who's left now that Mangala isn't around and Tosin has been tossed aside?
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Yes you are right BB - it dawned on me when I was looking at the points tally on the league table.  Shit - hopefully Pep has a plan or that stroll to the finish line might not happen.  Do you think he knows why the wheels fell off?
Wensdi

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:03 am

He better had do!!
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 am

Is it that we have become a little complacent? Taken our foot off the gas?

In the first 19 league games this season, we scored at least 4 goals 7 times. In the last 13 games, we've done it just once.

Ok, many different factors could be at play here: teams have set up better against us or we might have some rubbish teams still to play who we can make hay against.

But, I also believe that we've coasted some games for 30-45 minutes or more. We've not been stretched so we dint push ourselves. 

We've been coasting 3-0, not recalling looking to want to score more goals and Pep has left players on far too long before making subs. 

Get your main players off, rest them up after 60 minutes and get someone on who wants to make an impression, Someone with something to prove or at least someone who will give it everything for the remaining 30 minutes.

Against United, I felt we were coating again, expecting to score. United were so shit that they shouldn't have had a look in. Get the third and they would have gone onto complete defensive mode to avoid a hiding. But we switched off at the back twice early in the second half and then we were panicking. 

If you're slowing down, it's hard to speed up again once someone passes you.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:11 am

I heard someone on TV talking about it...and they said that Pep's teams 'have' to play at high intensity to play to their strengths. Even a 10% reduction in that intensity can have a dramatic effect on the teams performance, and that's OK normally, when you're 3-0 up against far inferior opposition - but when that levels drops against a good team, there's always a chance to concede goals quickly.

If you look at this season - the main thrust of our energy has come from KDB, Sane and Sterling. Now on Saturday, KDB didn't start - and it's hard to get things going when 3-2 down and 20 mins to go (but he looked like the main reason we nearly got back in the game). Sane had a poor game overall, so intensity already dropped - and then Sterling didn't start against LFC.
He chose Gundogan in both games, and though he scored on Saturday, he didn't really do anything else, energy wise. Take a look at Pogba's header...watch how he just jogs from 30 yards into the area and look what Gundogan was doing...he just doesn't provide that high intensity to drive the team forward or track runners.

In the summer, we need another high intensity MF player. Someone who can replace Fernandinho who has the energy to dive a team forward like KDB, yet track back. Fernandinho does this really well, but he can't do it on his own. KDB normally assists him with tracking runners. 

Tomorrow - High intensity for 90 mins please.
blueboy
Thrills Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 pm

...........Ederson
Walker Otamendi Laporte Delph 
...........Dino 
Sterling KDB Silva Sane 
..........Aguero

If we're leading with a clean sheet at HT, we have a chance. If Liverpool score, we're out.
shakencity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum