Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyToday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
What's left to achieve this season? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What's left to achieve this season? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What's left to achieve this season? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
What's left to achieve this season? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's left to achieve this season?

3 posters

Go down

What's left to achieve this season? Empty What's left to achieve this season?

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:12 am

Only 3 games left, so what can we still do this season?

I can't see Pep starting Foden or Diaz in a game. I'd like him not to select Yaya again as there's simply no good reason to do so when we're already winning 3-0 or 4-1.

I'd like us to really steamroller a team, or all three. We could, and should have scored closer to 8 yesterday and I am a little disappointed that we didn't do so. 

Chances like these won't come round very often and we should grab onto each and every one.

Get a lead of 3 goals and take off players like Kev, Dave, Kompany, Jesus etc. to help them for their World Cup, and get on players like Foden, Diaz, Nmecha to see what they can do. Even though the games are end of season games, and we'd probably be two or three up anyway, it's good for these players to get some semi meaningful minutes in the PL. It also helps others see that there is a pathway and, if you're good enough, you'll get your chance in the first team.

But I really want us to play to the end and not practically shut up shop at 3-0 or 4-1. Go on and score a few more. Let's get that goal scoring record up around 120 and make it well nigh impossible to beat or even get close. Let's get the GD up to around 90 and make that another impossible record to challenge. 

Let's make this PL season one that people can look back upon and say that this truly is the best PL campaign of all time. You can keep your invincibles with their 12 draws or your treble winners with their measly 79 points. We should really hammer this home.

Last edited by Topdawg on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What's left to achieve this season? Empty Re: What's left to achieve this season?

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 am

9 more points and 10-15 goals will suffice....with the goal difference, those 3 records will be very hard to beat.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

What's left to achieve this season? Empty Re: What's left to achieve this season?

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:35 am

102 points is 7 more than the current record. Not that many points on paper, but incredibly difficult for anyone to bridge the gap.

112 goals will be 9 ahead of the current record and another that's hard to bridge the gap. 

Maybe I'm just being greedy wanting the gap between what we achieve and the next best to be so huge as to better reflect our dominance. 120 goals is nearly 20% better than the previous best. That's massive.

I'd like Dave to score against Huddersfield and that will give us 5 players to score 10 PL goals in a season which is another record.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:03 am

This is really all we have left to play for, isn't it?  And most of the current records we haven't already claimed will be done next weekend if we beat Huddersfield and score twice - most points, most wins in a season, most goals scored in a season.

After that, the only thing really left is the most away wins and we'll have to wait until we play Southampton on the last day for that, who may or may not still be embroiled in a relegation battle.

The only record we can't do much about is the number of points. I was hoping Arsenal would hang on at 1-1 yesterday, which would've let us equal that record, so I'm guessing we might have to park that one for another season.
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down