Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Cardiff v City
Today at 2:37 am by skyblueoz

»  Bluemoon Prediction League 2018/19
Yesterday at 12:55 pm by skyblueoz

» Is it so bad?
Yesterday at 3:26 am by skyblueoz

» Lyon Pre Match Videos
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm by blueboy

» Manchester City vs. Lyon
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 pm by leopold

» FANTASY FOOTBALL 2018-19
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm by blueboy

» UEFA double standards
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm by Moonchester

» 3rd Kit Fan Survey
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:11 am by leopold

» Man City v Fulham - Pre Match Review
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 am by blueboy

» A bit of local knowledge please
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 pm by leopold

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Overall WC ratings

Go down

Overall WC ratings

Post by shakencity on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am

Short n sweet....and only the starting 11.

Pickford 8 - did better than I thought.
Walker 6 - got caught out too often, including Croatias 1st.
Stones 8 - no complaints from me, despite ball watching for Croatias 2nd.
McGuire 9 - my England's best player...impressed.
Trippier 8 - consistent throughout.
Alli 3 - fuckin rubbish.
Henderson 5 - very average.
Lingard 4 - 1 good goal, offered nothing else.
Young 5 - again, very average at best.
Kane 3 - despite his goal offered or gave fuck all.
Sterling 8 - constant thread, Southgates scapegoat though.
shakencity

Back to top Go down

Re: Overall WC ratings

Post by Nijinsky on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am

Most are spot on although I think you have been overly generous with that petulant peice of s@#t alli.

Last edited by Nijinsky on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Nijinsky

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 am

Nijinsky wrote:Most are spot on although I think you have been overly generous with that paetulant peice of s@#t alli
Fair point.
shakencity

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

Pickford 8 - did better than I thought.
Walker 6.5 - Overall alright, but caught out too often
Stones 8 - no complaints from me, despite ball watching for Croatias 2nd.
McGuire 8 - Excellent overall. Great aggressive defensive headers.
Trippier 7 - Weakened as the tournament weren't on.
Alli 4 - injured or not, he was awful.
Henderson 6 - good against average teams. When it mattered, not good enough.
Lingard 5 - 1 good goal, got in a few decent positions but not good enough.
Young 6 - did ok, but not good enough at this level.
Kane 3 - despite his goals, did little else. Too greedy.Needed him to step up and lead last night - failed to do so
Rashford -2 was a stinking pile of poo. Gashford.
Dier 4 - crap. Only good thing he did was score his penalty.
Sterling 7 - constant threat, Southgates scapegoat though.

Last edited by Topdawg on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:23 am

Pickford: 9 - Commanded his area brilliantly, made some excellent saves, penalty shootout hero. Will be the most expensive keeper in the world if/when Everton sell him.

Walker: 6 - Played well enough, but he got caught out of position a bit too often and lost his rag too quickly on occasion.

Stones: 8 - Generally solid, but one or two defensive mistakes crept in towards the end. Scored two goals against an admittedly poor Panama, but makes him the highest scoring England defender ever!

Maguire: 9 - Rock solid at the back, always looked to get the ball forwards and his bullet header against Sweden was a joy. I suspect he'll be the next player that Leicester lose.

Trippier: 10 - Outstanding. For such a young lad, he showed a lot of maturity and calm out on the field, especially against that shit-show that Columbia put us through. He was ice cool in the penalty shoot-out, his corners and free-kicks were generally excellent and all for a player who can't get past Aurier for a regular starting spot at Spurs. For me, he was our best player. Why did we sell him?

Henderson: 5 - Alternated between impressive and woeful. Far too inconsistent and in the game against Croatia he undid all the work he'd done to make me think he was a little better than bang average, by continually lumping the ball up the pitch instead of looking for the pass.

Alli: 4 - He's got pace, but rarely used it. Not very composed on the ball, created very little and was always the first to lose his cool under pressure. Yeah, he scored a belting goal against Sweden, but it's just not enough from a player whose job was to create chances.

Lingard: 6 - He showed such promise in the game against Tunisia, but his finishing was largely dreadful and the number of times he fired balls into the box without even looking shows a lack of maturity. Maybe Maureen is right not to play him more, but then again he's not going to learn if he doesn't play. I think he's got the potential to be fantastic in an England shirt, but he needs to move to a club where his abilities will be nurtured, not squandered.

Young: 7 - Worked hard, put in some decent crosses and was calm and composed, but not as effective as he should have been.

Sterling: 6 - He's got pace to burn and did a lot of work to carve open defenses and create chances, but his finishing was woeful. Disappointing. Yeah, he's been the media's scapegoat, but I don't think he's been composed enough to shut them up.

Kane: 6 - Probably nailed on for the golden boot, but given all but one of his goals were from set pieces (and the one that wasn't was a total fluke) means he wasn't the goal threat that we should have seen. Then again, scoring from set pieces is one of his jobs, so we can't hold that against him. I'm going to commend him for his cool head, especially during that penalty debacle that Columbia threw out, and I think his calm, measured approach as captain helped the others maintain their heads as well.

Dier: 3 - Should be nowhere near the national squad. Still, at least he scored his penalty in the shootout, more than that luggard Henderson managed.

Rashford: 3 - Nowhere near the level he shows for the rags. Again, is Maureen right not to play him? Or is it the same with Lingard, he just needs a better coach to progress?

Rose: 5 - Not called on much. Didn't do much wrong, but he's not the same threat as Trippier.

England team as a whole: 8 - For a bunch of kids, most of whom started the competition with single digit England caps, I think they did pretty well. Granted, we were given a fairly easy ride of it, but considering past competitions with seasoned professionals where we've struggled against such footballing luminaries as Senegal and the USA, I think this group showed a hell of a lot of promise. And it's the first time since 1996 that I've seen an England team that has worked with so much passion and heart.

Southgate: 9 - Well, I think he can finally put the paper bag in the bin!  I was disappointed in his selection as manager at first, as I never thought he was much good as a manager for Boro, but what he's put together in this WC was something special: He's forged a squad that the nation has got behind and has been proud of, something we've not seen since El Tel.  A few tactical naiveties aside (not switching Alli out quickly enough when he was injured, and sticking with 3-5-2 against Croatia's 4-3-3), he's done us proud.

All that said, I still find it incredible that our country, replete with over 50 million people, still can't put out a squad as capable as the one put together by Croatia, a country with the population of Birmingham.  And Jimmy Hill predicted this happening in the early nineties...
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Pickford 8 
Walker 4
Stones 7
McGuire 8 
Trippier 8
Alli 2
Henderson 5
Lingard 5 
Young 4
Kane 5
Rashford 3
Dier 3
Sterling 6

Southgate 7
Paulpowersleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Man City Fan TV Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Pickford 8 
Walker 6
Stones 7
McGuire 7 
Trippier 7
Alli 4
Henderson 5
Lingard 5 
Young 4
Kane 6
Rashford 3
Dier 3
Sterling 6

Southgate 8
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 pm

To that I wanted to add & its amazing to me why national team managers (& I'm not having a go at Southgate who's overall done a good job) always have to play players out of position. How would Walker & Sterling have fared if they had played in their natural positions? A hell of a lot better is my guess ditto Sane in the German team who seems to be even less capable of adapting to different roles.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Thought Pickford Maguire(told he was good Bluey) & Trippier came out of the tournament with great credit. The rest were mediocre to shit
Yes we did well to get to the SF but I wouldn't get too carried away. If we had been in the other half of the draw we would have been out sooner.
We r still way behind several teams. Most of those in the quarter finals on the other side of the draw I'd say and Belgium and Croatia on our side.
Germany and Spain would beat us 9 times out of ten as well
Pickford Maguire & Trippier - 8
Stones 6
Young Walker Sterling Henderson Lingard -5
Kane Golden boot for mainly penalties but otherwise gash -4
Ali -3 Southgate should have left him out after the 1st game - very poor tournament
Dier by name and performance - 2
Rashford - 2 didn't have many minutes and should have played instead of Ali

Southgate -8
Southgates double - 9
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:38 am

OK....here's my scores:

Pickford - 9
Trippier - 8
Walker - 7
Stones - 8
Maguire - 8
Young - 6
Henderson - 7
Alli - 4
Lingard - 7
Sterling - 7
Kane - 7
Dier - 3
Rose - 5
Delph - 7
Cahill - 6
Vardy - 4
Rashford - 4

Southgate - 8

Thought Stones was excellent apart from that tired mistake for the Croatian winner.
Thought Sterling ran his socks off and got into intelligent positions.
Thought Kane was gash. World class my arse. Not a team player. Should have been brought off in several games, but because he was Captain, wasn't.
Maguire, did really well - not the best in the semi.
Pickford surprised me - did brilliantly.
Alli - should never have been near the team after his injury.
Trippier - wonderful WC.

Delph - did really well when played and should have had more game time.

==========================
"How you gonna live your dash?"
blueboy
Man City Fan TV Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 am

I'd have played Delph instead of Henderson, frankly.  Who would you rather have, a squad player who worked hard in a position he's not used to to steer his club to an overwhelming league title, or a man who is carried in his club? Just the fact that our Fabian is willing to put all his effort into learning a new position would've made him better than that muppet who panicked against Croatia so much that he'd hoof the ball upfield even when he had time to stop and look for a pass.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:45 am

Pickford - 9
Trippier - 9
Walker - 7
Stones - 8
Maguire - 8
Young - 7
Henderson - 6
Alli - 4
Lingard - 7
Sterling - 8
Kane - 6
Dier - 3
Rose - 5
Delph - 7
Cahill - 6
Vardy - 4
Rashford - 4

Southgate - 8

Sterling absolutely gave most teams a headache.  He was fast, worked his arse off - but as you say was out of position and Kane was not tuned in to him.  Thought Trippier was brilliant - took corners well and was confident on the ball.  A big surprise for me.  I hate to say this but I thought Young (who I detest) was brilliant at corners and set pieces - sorry.  Never rated Pickford - but what a tournament he had and payed out of his skin at times.  Think John Stones really stepped up too - considering his injuries last season and amount of game time.
Wensdi

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:56 am

I see Mourinho is slating sterling and saying he thought rashford or vardy should have started ahead of him.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Pickford - 9
Trippier - 8
Walker - 6
Stones - 7
Maguire - 8
Young - 6
Henderson - 5
Alli - 4
Lingard - 5
Sterling - 8
Kane - 5
Dier - 3
Rose - 5
Delph - 7
Cahill - 5
Vardy - 4
Rashford - 4

Southgate - 8
ManCityMan

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 am

Wensdi wrote:Sterling absolutely gave most teams a headache.  He was fast, worked his arse off - but as you say was out of position and Kane was not tuned in to him.
All the more reason to buy Kane. Not for our benefit, of course, but for the benefit of the national team.

skyblueoz wrote:I see Mourinho is slating sterling and saying he thought rashford or vardy should have started ahead of him.
Yeah, I see his point.  Stop playing a man who was instrumental in helping his team win the league by a country mile and instead pick either an old man for a team that were under the cosh of relegation all season, or a player that HE HIMSELF doesn't pick.

That Maureen is a fucking turnip, mate.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum