Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

ManCityMan

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» KDB Injured..?
Today at 9:19 am by Nijinsky

» *NEW* Man City Fan TV forum
Today at 8:29 am by blueboy

» Fantasy Football 2017-18
Yesterday at 1:30 pm by leopold

» FANTASY FOOTBALL 2018-19
Yesterday at 7:59 am by blueboy

» Media hate on Sterling
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm by Topdawg

»  Bluemoon Prediction League 2018/19
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:37 pm by ManCityMan

» Arsenal away
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:45 pm by leopold

» Poll: New forum banner
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 am by Strange Blue

» Here you go Oz....WARNING!!!!
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 pm by leopold

» Bellamy on ‘The Debate’ tv show
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am by shakencity

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are we happy with our squad?

Go down

Are we happy with our squad?

Post by Strange Blue on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 pm

It looks like bar a last minute miracle that we will not be signing a DMF. So are we happy with our squad as it stands? Although I think we do need a long term successor to Fernandino I'm not particularly worried for the coming season. Obviously at 33 years of age he can't play every game so do we have enough back up in the current squad. Delph would seem to be the obvious candidate to play there with Mendy back in the squad, but then I think we would need to keep hold of Zinchenko as cover for LB (not a terrible thing IMO as I'd be sad to see Kevin's doppelganger leave) then there is Gundogan who can also play there albeit with a different level of dynamism to Ferna & Delph.  All in all I feel quite happy with the squad as is & I'm looking forward to seeing how it's all integrated in the coming season.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we happy with our squad?

Post by Topdawg on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:54 pm

I'm quite happy too. Remember, even though they are kids, we have Foden and Brahim to add on a more regular basis if required.
I think Zinchenko will be sold. It's in his best interests to play, if he can, in the first team for another club rather than be 3rd choice LB or so far down the list as a MF that it's not worth bothering about.
I can see Fernandinho having another good season in him, he can't suddenly get old overnight, but this should be his last full season as first choice.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 am

My only concern is remembering both our previous league wins. Each time we failed to strengthen with adequate cover and both times we were found wanting. This time I do feel it is different in so much as we were far ahead of the rest last season. I do feel this season Liverpool are going to be a real threat which is why I would like to see a new striker and a def mid added to the squad.
skyblueoz

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:58 am

This season we'll be fine but a striker will definitely be needed for next season.
shakencity

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:15 am

Difficult not to be happy with where we're at really. Mahrez in, Mendy back and Foden/Diaz both that bit older and stronger so I'd say we're already in better shape. The two previous occasions we won the Prem and failed to defend it were slightly different because we won it narrowly both times. This time we won it by a mile so it'll take some dip in form to not be challenging next time. I doubt we'll reach the heights of 100pts again and I expect others to be stronger but I'm pretty confident of retaining the title which is always the priority for me.
Blue Radley

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Personally I'm not worried that we will fail to retain the title I just don't think we will walk it like last season or break any records. In the past we have only just piped our rivals to the post, but last season was something else & Pep is very wary of being complacent. I would be happy with PL title, a cup & an improved run in the CL.
Strange Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 pm

How about adding Marco Amoutovic or whatever he's called from West Ham. Apparently they are open to offers and the dirty
Rag bastards are interested ???
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Don’t think we really needed to be bringing many new faces in with this window being a really tight one following the World Cup
We could do with cover here and there but nothing particularly drastic 
Light up top but pep would cope without Aguero and Jesus 
Light in DM but again would cope without Fernandinho 
Dippers are the big movers but I still think their overall squad is very light,especially considering Can going and the Ox ruled out for the season 

We have the squad to win at a canter again and I expect us to do just that
Paulpowersleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 am

I'm not expecting a canter, but I think 90 points will win it this time around.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

TMG wrote:How about adding Marco Amoutovic or whatever he's called from West Ham. Apparently they are open to offers and the dirty
Rag bastards are interested ???
Arnautovic? Nah, he's nowhere near good enough, even Stoke binned him off and look where they are.

I'm reasonably happy, although I'd have liked us to sign another striker as I feel we're a bit light in that area. Jesus in the WC didn't exactly fill me with confidence that he's the 30+ goal a season machine yet and Sergio is just too fragile to play a full season.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Topdawg wrote:I think Zinchenko will be sold. It's in his best interests to play, if he can, in the first team for another club rather than be 3rd choice LB or so far down the list as a MF that it's not worth bothering about.
Third?  Who's between him and Mendy for the role?  I'm expecting Delph to cover for Dino.
leopold
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Arnautovic was excellent at Stoke & although it's not saying much he was WHUs best player last season. Without him they would have gone down. I think he'd be great for us. Strong good in the air and a different option up front. Jesus is no Sergio & Sergio will need to be rested & doesn't usually have an injury free season.
TMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm

If Delph is on the bench, he'd cover for Mendy or Dino.That's how I see it. He's better at LB than Zinky. Zinky's only chance is at LB as he'll never get into that midfield.
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum