Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City v Palace EmptyToday at 4:38 pm by shakencity

» Nijinsky tips
City v Palace EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City v Palace EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City v Palace EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City v Palace EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City v Palace EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City v Palace EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City v Palace EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City v Palace EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

» Mods please set up
City v Palace EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am by titbumwilly

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City v Palace

3 posters

Go down

City v Palace Empty City v Palace

Post by leopold Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 pm

I'm not going to lie, I missed the first half and started watching the second half just in time to see Gundo's pearler into the top bin.  A decent win in the end, but there were two things that really stood out for me:

1.  I've felt our play has been quite laboured at times this season, but in this game I saw a much different side.  Patient build-up, quicker to attack and so sharp on hoovering up the ball when possession was lost.  The number of times I saw one of our lads charge in to win a ball, loose or otherwise, to turn possession over was a reminder of how good we can really be.

2.  Stonesy.  He's done a Zabaleta on us, hasn't he?  He's gone from an out of favour player looking like he was going to be shown the door, but he's clearly got his head down and worked hard to get his chance, and now I'd argue he's pretty much undroppable and I can't see Laporte getting his place back any time soon.  Defensively solid and composed, and two goals to boot.  A deserved man of the match for me.

Of course, I can't ignore KDB's passing ability is right on point, Gundo took his goal superbly well and I'd applaud Sterling's accuracy for his free kick too.

Second in the league and two points off the rags with a game in hand.  A far cry from languishing in fourteenth!
leopold
leopold
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

City v Palace Empty Re: City v Palace

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:40 am

We're in a rich vein of good form right now, based upon us not letting goals in. No point having 5 or 6 chances and only putting one of them away and ending up drawing 1-1 because you can't keep the back door closed. When we do keep that door closed, we generally win. 4 1-1s this season I think. 

In the first half, I don't think we were moving it quickly enough. The first 25 minutes were really nowt to write home about. Once we scored, that seemed to change. It meant that palace had to change tack in the 2nd half and go looking for a goal which gave us more space to break into. 

We've just got to keep on rolling and make sure we don't chuck any easy points away.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:40 pm

I agree with the above comments and i would just add that when we play our main rivals for the title like Liverpool, Man U, Leicester and Spuds, Pep and the team should go for it with confidence and believe that they are the better team. The games against these teams this season we just did not play with confidence, we gave them the confidence to believe that we were there for the taking. We have to play the Pep way against every team in every game if we want the title back, we cannot afford to play half hearted like we did against the rags or defend so pitifully as we did against Leicester and Spuds.
I am confident that our defence is now solid and not as easily breached as it was in those games and that will give us a solid base to progress to the top of the table and stay there.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down