Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
That penalty EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
That penalty EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
That penalty EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
That penalty EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
That penalty EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
That penalty EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
That penalty EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
That penalty EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
That penalty EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
That penalty EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

That penalty

+2
titbumwilly
shakencity
6 posters

Go down

That penalty Empty That penalty

Post by shakencity Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 am

Right, what do we all think about Agureo's penalty?

Alot of people have forgiven him, due to all he's done for us over the years but others are a bit miffed by the manor of the execution. 

Personally, I was completely pissed off with him and I'd have subbed him at half time - I thought his arrogance was off the scale. His record with penalties was hit n miss as it was and this was a great opportunity to not only win the game but to  actually win the league for us.

After losing to Chelsea in the FA Cup, this was also the chance to put a marker down for the CL Final too.

I accept we should still win the League in the remaining games but this was definitely a missed opportunity to put us in a great place for the last few weeks.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

That penalty Empty Re: That penalty

Post by titbumwilly Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 am

If that had been me or you stepping up to take the penalty that would pretty much win us the league, the pride and adrenaline would’ve been such that we would have smashed that ball as hard as possible. The fact that he even thought about his own personal image and legacy at that point was really rather telling, and extremely disappointing
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 10, 2021 10:41 am

It’s the sort of stunt I thought we’d phased out when we offloaded Balotelli. How any striker can fail to score a penalty (goalkeeper heroics aside) is utterly beyond me. Their keeper was on the deck and he was able to stand up and casually catch it. Pathetic! Serge, just smash the damn ball into the net!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon May 10, 2021 11:07 am

i just hope pep puts him in the team on Friday night with the words ringing in his ears GO AND PROVE TO THE CITY SUPPORTERS YOU ARE TRULY SORRY. put in the level of performance we expect from a city player. That is the only way i would accept & forgive. The team has to come before personal glory.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am

Agree with all that has been said about the penalty, what I would add is his attitude seemed off (to put it politely) a pass to him in the 1st half made him have to chase after the ball, my gran could have run faster.  For the goal, if it wasn't for Sterling we wouldn't have scored because his control was shit. It looked like he was having a pop at Sterling because of it.
With the shape he looks to be in he should never play for us again.
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am

Bit over the top guys. Disappointing but he made a bad error of judgement and has apologised. If it had gone in everyone would be saying he’s a legend. Personally I’d give him a 2/3 year contract. He’s only 32. Messi is 33 & Ronaldo is 36. Can’t see us spending £100million plus on Kane or Haaland so we’ll end up with a hot & cold Jesus & some bang average new striker or playing without a striker at all for next season.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue May 11, 2021 11:13 am

not over the top at all. no way would i give him another contract his time is done at City. If he was fully fit and gave every indication he could offer something to the team then fair enough. Sadly it's time to part company for him to play in a less demanding league to prolong his career. Peps way will see him struggle in most games. His wages alone says no way would he be worth another contract. Get in a striker like we did with aguero who can offer us 10 years service. 

I will always be thankful and eternally grateful for his contribution to city's growth and he deserves that champions league winners medal so i hope we can do the business for him as i hoped we could have done for silva last season. i can see us busting the bank for a striker especially if we can take out the champions league. the revenue for that to add to the coffers.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down