Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Evra racism claims EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Evra racism claims EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Evra racism claims EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Evra racism claims EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Evra racism claims EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Evra racism claims EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Evra racism claims EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Evra racism claims EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Evra racism claims EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Evra racism claims EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Evra racism claims

+5
shakencity
ONH
lee1pen
gratedbean
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

Evra racism claims Empty Evra racism claims

Post by Topdawg Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm surprised ONH hasn't brought this one up.

Evra has apparently claimed that Suarez racially abused him at least 10 times during the match. He says with all the cameras around we should be able to get a shot of the abuse.

Suarez says he is hurt by the claims.

One of them is telling porkies. Whichever one it is should be banned for the rest of the season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Evra racism claims Empty Re: Evra racism claims

Post by gratedbean Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Pretty bold statement for Evra to make if it is completely untrue. That said, when I used to play for a club an Asian lad told the ref at half time I'd been racially abusing him for the whole match to try and get me sent off, which obviously I hadn't - slightly different level of football though I'll admit!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Perhaps Suarez is pleading the Tevez Gambit. Lost in translation .... personally I believe Evra, strangely racism is rife in south america with strict almost cast like systems.

Argentina and Uruguay

In Spanish, negro literally means "black male" and negra means "black female". Negro and negra are widely-used terms in Argentina, across all social classes, including in those classes which are referred to as negro and negra by other social groups. Negro is also one of the most common nicknames, with no offensive meaning.

Paradoxically, the same racist ideology in Argentina that maintains that "there are no negros (of African ancestry) in Argentina"[9] uses the word negro to designate a vaguely-defined population made up of workers, poor people, internal migrants, Latin-American immigrants, and natives, without any more distinction.

Víctor Ramos, the president of SOS Internacional, responded in the following manner when asked by a journalist what were the most common manifestations of racism in Argentina:

I would say that the most common form, what we see most frequently, is related to racism against the criollo. That is to say, against those who are also referred to as "cabecita negra" or "morocho". It is frequently said that in Argentina there is no racism because there are no "negros"... but here there is much discrimination against those of dark skin, including against aborigines who have a darker skin color... this occurs in the same manner in all of the provinces of our country.[2]
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:52 am

agree with lee1, although you would think that countries like brazil with having an overwhelming population of black people should not be racist., but this far from the truth, it is really really really bad, especially in argentina...in mexico the natives are scum to the latinos! generally south Americans I found aggressive and racist as hell...

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 am

Topdawg wrote:I'm surprised ONH hasn't brought this one up.

Evra has apparently claimed that Suarez racially abused him at least 10 times during the match. He says with all the cameras around we should be able to get a shot of the abuse.

Suarez says he is hurt by the claims.

One of them is telling porkies. Whichever one it is should be banned for the rest of the season.

how do we prove it one way or the other though ?

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:20 am

Think you have to believe Evra really, why would he make this accusation up? Whether Suarez knew what the meaning meant in England is irrelevant (he knew the litteral meaning), he should be banned if evidence is found.

To my knowledge, no other South Americans have been accused of this in the past, so what gives Suarez the right to be saying it?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 am

Evra says Suarez said it at least 10 times and expects the cameras to pick him up mouthing it. lip readers should be able to do the rest.

the problem with such allegations is that, without proof, we can't do anything.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:42 am

I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not condoning racism, but if this was going on during the game and Evra was that hurt, why not mention it to the ref during the game? With the initiatives to promote respect and stamp out racism, the ref would be honour bound to deal with it.

I don't know... smacks a bit of an embittered defender who couldn't contain his opponent trying to cause a stir after the event.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Let's not forget the incident at Chelsea, where Evra had an incident with a groundsman who supposedly used racist language towards him, these allegations were not upheld, and in the end it was Evra who was suspended and fined.....

Not saying it didn't happen, and again, I don't condone it, and we all know what a sneaker little bugger Suarez is with his diving, biting etc..

They can easily watch the HD footage of these 10 incidents and a lipsyncer can deduce what was said, the same way in which Tevez was caught out ( allegedly, I read somewhere a lipsyncer had been brought in)

Even the watching public on TV can see when a player mouths obscenties, so I think this one will be easily sorted out.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

From what I heard the cameras havnt picked anything up but it could just be they we off the ball incidents and therefore not on camera.

The suprise about this is though United back there player they are not getting involved and say its a matter foir the player and the FA
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by sheppeyblue Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Leopold,

Maybe Evra was too focussed on the game and not letting Suarez get to him, to act on it during the game.

I'm not saying it did happen, but if it did it has to be dealt with severely.

The problem with this incident is the baggage both players have, Evra at Chelsea and Suarez biting Bakkal.

Suarez does seem a particularly unsavoury character to me, but that seems to be forgotten by the media now he's at the car thieve's.
sheppeyblue
sheppeyblue
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm

There's always half time, Sheppey.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by King JHDI Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Evra has accused Steve Finnan and and a Chelsea groundsman already.
King JHDI
King JHDI
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sheppeyblue Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:06 am

Fair point Leo, i suppose that if he was so upset he would've sorted it in the tunnel.
sheppeyblue
sheppeyblue
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down