Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
When does banter with other fans go too far? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

When does banter with other fans go too far?

+6
BoyWithTheArabsCash
TMG
joeymancityz
shakencity
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
10 posters

Go down

When does banter with other fans go too far? Empty When does banter with other fans go too far?

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 am

We all like a bit of banter and a singalong but when does it go too far?

Waving money at the wolves fans - not classy (remember that was us a few years ago)
Making fun of Big Mick with chants of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' - not nice but quickly drowned out with 'there's only one mick mccarthy'
Munich references from 3 or 4 fans - out of order
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

When does banter with other fans go too far? Empty Re: When does banter with other fans go too far?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 am

They started up with the "who put the ball in the munichs net" near me.I had a stand up row with a wanker who was trying to justify it,I told him he's representing the club and is a fucking disgrace.
Apparently I'm a prick though!
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

When does banter with other fans go too far? Empty Re: When does banter with other fans go too far?

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 am

i didn't get involved with that - they thought it was funny.

i did have a go when they were taking the piss out of big mick - don't they know that he used to play for us?

why can't some people just be happy pissing on the other team without taking it too far.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 am

Banter about a manager losing his job, isn't banter imo. Banter about tragedies (Hillsborough, Munich, etc) isn't either.

Anything else, such as clubs, players and oppposing fans is fine.

Going to Gigg alot, i've heard um all but i do smile at our expence:

"we've got more fans than you"

"You must have come in a taxi"

"What's it like to see a crowd"

"Shit ground no fans" etc, etc, etc.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 am

when people make it personal, then it's too far.

shouting 'you fat bastard' at a wolves fan was too much.

the good thing is most fans aren't like that at all and some of us try to stop the crazy ones.

you must have been near me PPLF......
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 am

"shouting 'you fat bastard' at a wolves fan was too much".

Nah, that's fine imo Dawg. He'll expect that kind of Banter, as i bet he's giving as good as he gets.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:01 am

i old enough and ugly enough to be able to take that sort of crack but it isn't right.

roll on 6 on saturday
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 am

In line with the 18 yd line left side looking at the pitch.
Plenty seemed pissed up near me,some are getting a bit obnoxious especially away and it's not pleasant.Maybe it's something we will have to learn to put up with,we certainly wouldn't have sold out to a televised carling cup game in wolverhampton only 2 years ago?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:32 am

i've only been to two away games this season and there is this obnoxious element as you call it PPLF.

i was way up in the corner and it was reasonable except for these 3 or 4 'lads' all around 20 yo. they even joked about a pitch invasion at the end.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by joeymancityz Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:52 pm

The cruellest I've ever witnessed as a City fan was years ago at Ewood Park in the 80's. I was in the City end with my brother at half time when some local schoolkids had a penalty shoot out. For reasons that I'll never understand as long as I live, they decided to stage it at the away end, much to the delight of us travelling blues. Anyway, midway through, a chubby little boy (couldn't have been more than 10) stepped up to take his spot kick to the cries of 'YOU FAT BASTARD, YOU FAT BASTARD'. The poor kid scuffed it wide, put his head down and trudged dejectedly back to the sanctuary of the centre circle.

I bet he still bears the scars. Football fans can be cruel.
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Sorry Joey that made me laugh Laughing

I must be a bastard !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 pm

The little chubby cherub went home,decided to support Utd and from then on,ONH as he's now known,embarked on a life filled with misery and bitterness.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:38 pm

To be fair, we usually give ex players a decent reception whether they were any good, or not, so if anyone was having a go a McCarthy, they are just tossers, he's a top bloke imho.

Giving shit to opposing fans is part and parcel and they are fair game.

One of the best was at Lincoln away in the dark days, their Pikey looking, pony tailed goalie was having a blinder, so we started singing " Wife telling fortunes, you've got your wife telling fortunes" and then swapped it for selling pegs, put him right off as he was turning around giving us the v's, was piss funny though. Also singing to the Blackburn fans at ours, " Town full of cousins, your just a town full of cousins".

We usually have a great set of supporters on away days with some great humour and banter, but i have also noticed that some of the younger ones are a bit OTT these days, lets hope they don't become like the arrogant twats from Trafford.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Wonder if it's because they've never suffered the utter shite we've had to put up with down the years? There's nothing like a hiding to remove arrogance
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Ive never heard anything particularly terrible, the usual inbred ones (to the adams family tune) on trips to norwich, bolton, cardiff etc. Ripping other fans is par for the course, but ive seen it go too far at times.

The young fans will take it too far at times, especially in the uncensored world they have grown up in, and think they can say what they want without causing offence, its the older set that should know better.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeymancityz Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Tony

I was pissing myself at the time don't worry Wink
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:17 pm

To be fair I thought that chant against Villa the other day was pretty funny, something like "you've never seen your own pe-nis" to a fat bloke in their end.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by King JHDI Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Topdawg wrote:i've only been to two away games this season and there is this obnoxious element as you call it PPLF.

i was way up in the corner and it was reasonable except for these 3 or 4 'lads' all around 20 yo. they even joked about a pitch invasion at the end.

Did they sing "City's going down with a billion in the bank"?
King JHDI
King JHDI
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Dont like the chants about tragedies whoever the club is, dont like racist or direct insults...like what Wenger gets. Dont mind name calling like Baconface, Gollum or Woy Hodgson... as me Mum said names never hurt anyone. But there is a limit and IMO it's the younger element who take it close to the bone them that need further education about Munich and Hillsbourough and fans from both sides it affected. Like already mentioned calling Mick Mc as an X player what's that all about?
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 pm

The "Carlos Tevez is the Elephant man" chant was funny,that might well catch on
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 pm

tevez deserves all the abuse that people throw at him
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down