Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Poppycock! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Poppycock! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Poppycock! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Poppycock! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Poppycock! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Poppycock! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Poppycock! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Poppycock! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Poppycock! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Poppycock! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poppycock!

4 posters

Go down

Poppycock! Empty Poppycock!

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 am

With Sepp Blatter instructing refs to abandon the game if England sport the poppy on their shirts on saturday, should we go ahead, sticking 2 fingers up to Blatter's Fifacentric rules, or as Henry Winter says, turn Wembley into a see of Poppies?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/8878003/England-v-Spain-lets-play-by-Sepp-Blatters-rules-but-still-turn-Wembley-into-a-field-of-poppies.html

Personally, I'd like us to give a big up yours to Blatter, turn Wembley Red with poppies, England should where red, the crowd, the stadium, strewn with poppies, poppies dropped from the stadium roof, tika tape Sth American stylee, but make sure the game goes ahead so we can watch Crapello's England get hammered again, as he continues his myopic blinkered team selection.

Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Poppycock! Empty Re: Poppycock!

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

sorry but henry winter is a cock.

whilst i think FIFA is just a bunch of cocksucking toerags (and the FA aren't much better), they are correct on this point.

You have to look at the reason why the FA want to do this and the reason people wear poppies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-do-those-who-flaunt-the-poppy-on-their-lapels-know-that-they-mock-the-war-dead-6257416.html

I don't wear a poppy anymore, and haven't done so for several years.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

That's you perogative Dawg and also the perogative of the writer of that piece.

However, many other people who do wear the poppy, see it as a rememberance of the fallen heros that served our country. My grandad died in the war and i'm proud of the service that not only he gave but the rest of those brave men gave to our country. I always get a poppy and wear it with pride but that's just MY perogative.

How the fuck does it "mock the war dead?" If it did then we wouldn't have poppies or rememberance Sunday, etc, etc and everyone would be up in arms to have it scrapped.

So i say, fuck off blatter you complete and utter incompetent twat, If we can't play with the poppy then the games off.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 pm

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)

posted 3 hours, 28 minutes ago

In defence of Fifa , and it goes against the grain, they have there rules, they dont mind the minutes silence, they dont mind officials wearing the poppy on their suits and there is absolutely NO precedent for stitching a poppy into a shirt.
I always buy a poppy, I chose to exercise my free will in spending my money to do so. Its a wonderful and worthy cause but I hate the almost facist way that agresive marketing is taking away the true meaning of the poppy. Its NOT about Fifa, Its not about the FA its about some rubbish journos wanting to make a point. Its about some stupid publicist who thinks that any publicity is good publicity but it certainly has sod all to do with the dead soldiers or their memeory.
All this is a distraction from that, over what, a game of football that has never ever worn a symbol before.

reply to comment on shirt advertising to justify Poppy on shirt

You mean the manufaturers brand marking MonDieu because I didnt think England shirts had any other advertising on them and I believe thats permitted by Fifa and only that.
Certainly my old red and white cup shirt never had advertising on it so I think year dot is a bit strong. But dont you think this row, this almost jingoistic marshall strident outcry is taking away the meaning of the poppy.

its a lot more serious than a row over if it should or shouldnt be on a shirt, and I find the whole thing both tastless and tactless and just a bit tacky.

And bout players wanting the poppy on shirts

The players themselves didnt request it as far as I know but the FA did after being aproached by the British Legion. They queried it with Fifa who said no and they then informed the british legion.

Then someone went to the press about it because they didnt get their own way. If thats not a form of coersion I dont know what is'

Basicly sums up what I feel in a nutshell its become a jingoistic pop at fifa and takes away from the real meaning of rememberance day by a few copy hungry journos and being told what we should think by the media
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:16 pm

we ask, they say no. we should move on.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:31 pm

We shouldn't have asked in the 1st place and just put it on, like the Prem shirts at the weekend.

If we as a Nation want to remember our fallen heros this weekend, imo Fifa should have kak all say in the matter.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 pm

If we as a Nation want to remember our fallen heros this weekend, imo Fifa should have kak all say in the matter.

I agree Shaken but then again no one asked me if I wanted it to be commemorated on a football shirt rather than at a cenotaph with a lot of dignity.

Do I really want to be shouting at Terry et al that they are a load of wankers while they are wearing a poppy on their shirt?

Do I really think its dignified and in anyway fitting that the whole thing this year will be remembered because the press and the politicos are having a go at Fifa rather than at 11am on the 11/11/11 remembering properly our war dead.

Do I really think that the media hype jingoism of selling column inches is a fitting part to any commemorative ceromony.

Not really
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 pm

"I agree Shaken but then again no one asked me if I wanted it to be commemorated on a football shirt rather than at a cenotaph with a lot of dignity".

But they decided to put it on the Prem shirts last weekend though mate, so why not an England shirt.

It really is a meaningless argument this fella, as i totally agree with your above post, it shouldn't ever be distracted away from the true meaning but i still feel Fifa shouldn't be able to tell us we can't put (a symbol of our history) the poppy on our shirts for this weekends game.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:00 pm

shaken, as has been already written, where would this end? you'd get the iranians with a death to israel slogan?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm

So Fifa have finally AGREED that the poppy is not a political, commercial or religious statement and allowed us to put it on the black armband, yet we're still not allowed to put it on the shirt. They're still tossers!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 pm

dawg, don't bring iran and Israel into this! That is all political bullcrap and neither of the governments are moral, irans government for killing its protesters and Israeli government for flattening south of Lebanon...

they shouldn't have asked FIFA in my opinion and they shouldn't force players to wear them, whoever wanted to should have just picked up one ... if its not political then why force all players to wear it, a program that is being broadcasted around the world... it loses its meaning a little in my opinion...

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 am

my point PG is where would it all end if FIFA allowed it on the shirts?

The FA knew they had to ask FIFA's permission to have the poppy on the shirt, so they knew it wasn't normally allowed.

Why do politicians and the media feel the need to force things down our throats?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

dawg, I don't know! All I know is it makes me not want to wear one!

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:57 am

Really Gsus?

Forget the politicians, just remember what the poppy signifies. Anyway.....each to their own.

By the way mate, i wonder how many of the players would have said "fuck off if you think i'm gonna wearing this poppy shit on my shirt" when they were "forced" to wear it......i'll guess NONE.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

See if a friend asks me to wear it out of politeness I will accept but I may not actively go after it! No ofcourse they won't say fork off but putting them in that situation is not good, if they say no they will just look like knobs! This is what I mean by forcing the issue...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum