Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Reputations EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Reputations EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Reputations EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Reputations EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Reputations EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Reputations EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Reputations EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Reputations EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Reputations EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Reputations EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Reputations

+2
shakencity
AMillionDifferentPeople
6 posters

Go down

Reputations Empty Reputations

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 am

Having listened to the debates and whinging about referees again, and looking at some of the decisions, its time for a complete overhaul of the refereeing process.

Good old Joey B has had his say on twitter, and i make him spot on, the ref was conned yesterday, and i agree with warnock for the first time ever. Having heard Poll confirm everybody's suspicions that some players reputations go before them (Mario, JB, Cattermole, any wolves player) its time they started using the one rule for all method, instead of picking on individuals.

Lampard and Cashley should have both received reds yesterday, if that was a wolves player he would have been sent of for certain. To quote Poll "Some players are already marked men before they step onto the pitch". I have always feared the top teams get preferential treatment having been on the receiving end in the past, now i know it isn't my bitter bias. Peter Walton lost the plot yesterday, and should pay the price with a stint in the blue square prem, but this would not solve the problem as his replacement may be Andy Durso affraid

What is the next move to try and get decisions right, or at least a little more consistent?
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Reputations Empty Re: Reputations

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am

The referees should be made to hold post match interviews (like managers have to) to explain their decisions for starters Si. The 4th official needs to be more involved with the pitch-side monitor, major decisions wouldn't hold play up too long surely.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 am

Replays at the side of the pitch would be the first thing i would bring in Den, it may stop refs guessing some decisions. But the worry is they will become too reliant on it, and it would effect the flow of the game eventually.

I hav'nt got a downer on all refs, the kid who reffed the Lpoo v Toon game the other day had a fantastic game, he let the game flow and i thoroughly enjoyed the match and was impressed, but he still missed the 2 biggest decisions in the game, Cabaye's 'tackle' on spearing and Colocini's elbow on Bellamy. They could both have been looked at by a pitchside monitor, and the game wouldnt have been affected as the players received lengthy treatment.

I just wish the FA could see this now and give them the help they need.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:53 pm

The fairest way I can think of reffing games would be a complete overhaul of the current system, and then adopting a system similar to the scoring system in boxing - three off pitch refs watching each game, and if they see a foul they buzz, fouls only given if 2/3 or all of them buzz. That should give consistency and by taking the ref off the pitch the players/managers/fans won't be able to pressure them into making desicions. Whether it would work or not is another story.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Rugby seems to incorporate vid ref's easily enough for big decisions, you can argue it would break up the flow of the game, but correct me if I'm wrong, the ref has to sort out players remonstrating with ref's and linesmen for contentious decisions quite frequently, and what happened to not stopping play unless it's a head injury? Cattermole went down, playing us onside with a leg injury, we should have just played on to the ref's whistle, gamesmenship again, he was fine 2mins later, but our flow was broken! There are numerous times the game is stopped for no reason, non existent fouls on keepers, etc, so kudos the the OT ref, who played what he saw, not the occasion by giving the Rovers goal.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:18 pm

i hope that bellars reputation does him no favours tonight....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Topdawg wrote:i hope that bellars reputation does him no favours tonight....

If the rules are applied as stated, Bellers would be booked every game for his whining tirades towards the ref, linesmen 4th official etc...! I'm not looking forward to seeing Bellamy and Suarez going at Lescott! then again, Aguero and Mario will be the stuff of nightmares hopefully tonight!
Let's just make sure the games done and dusted by 70min, and we can start making subs. I feel far more confident facing a good team, who will go toe to toe, rather than WBA, Sunderland etc.. who just play 11 behind the ball! saying that, watch Liverpool sit back and try to do us on the break! which after sundays game, looks more and more likely! but with Micah and Clichy and Mario in the team, our pace could be lethal if we get round the back.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:35 am

when a player like cattermole goes down the ref should let play go until the next break in play. Then insist the player leaves the field for treatment immediately. How many players would you see rolling around in agony if they were faking it ?? not many would be my guess if the above rules were applied.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 am

oh yes and bring in video technology asap rather than extra refs. The ones we have are fairly inconsistent why load up the game with more, it appears many cannot agree anyway as a decision by a ref in one game then you see the same infringement in another game and a different course of action taken by the ref in that game.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum