Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
To ban or not to ban EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
To ban or not to ban EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
To ban or not to ban EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
To ban or not to ban EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
To ban or not to ban EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
To ban or not to ban EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
To ban or not to ban EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
To ban or not to ban EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
To ban or not to ban EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
To ban or not to ban EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

To ban or not to ban

5 posters

Go down

To ban or not to ban Empty To ban or not to ban

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

Will VK have his ban overturned?
I have heard plenty of people debating the Kompany red card over the last 24 hours, with pretty much a 50/50 split over the decision. Personally i would like to see it overturned, for obvious reasons, but i would say that about any player sent of for that, regardless of club. The challenge itself had nothing wrong with it in my view, even though the letter of the law states otherwise. It will be a sad day for football if its upheld and another nail in the 'respect for referees' coffin.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

To ban or not to ban Empty Re: To ban or not to ban

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

Right, i'm gonna upset the applecart here Si, as having seen the footage again i can see why Vince got his marching orders. He does go into the tackle with both feet off the ground, which makes it look bad, although admittedly they're on the floor by the time he actually makes the tackle.

If Rooney had comitted that foul on a City player would we not have wanted him sent off?

I'm not defending the decision here, as i belive Foy wasn't origionally gonna send Vince off, i'm just saying i can see why it's seen as a red card.

I'll be amazed if the decision's over-turned, the ban will stand imo.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 am

I'd want Rooney sending off for being an ugly bastard.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 am

Bloody hell leo, he'd never play if that was the case cheers
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 am

if it had been rooney, i'd still have thought great tackle.

it won't be overturned at all, no chance. that would put great pressure on the FA and refs if they overturned it.

Sadly, they won't look at Giggs's challenge on Aguero again and gi8ve him the 3 match ban he thoroughly deserves.

PS. Is Bobby mouthing off that we Kompany deserves to avoid a ban actually ensure he gets an extra game ban?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:00 pm

The letter of the law states the same Den, but if that constitutes a red card then : a) why wasn't giggs sent off ? two footed challenge from behind was outlawed years ago. b) Why did the FA not look back at Lampard and Cabaye challenges. c) How can Foy send someone off one week but not do it the next.

I wont complain if it isn't overturned (well i say that now). But i'd like some consistency, and less Hypocrisy in the game. 1 RULE for all, or none at all.

IMO the ref has a lot to answer for, but i'll never know what he is thinking because he is protected. If thats his view on VK's tackle, then i expect him to be sending players off left right and centre for the rest of the season.

Rooney gets away with it all the time anyway. his 'tackle' on Sagna last year was pretty much the same (got ball and man with studs showing) (same ref no card), his elbow on McCarthy was obscene (no punishment). How is it players get booked for swearing at the ref, yet he doesn't??
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Check this out and tell me the difference. 2 feet in the air, no control of himself, takes man after ball and hurts him (sort of).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBJoofbg2g
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Do you really think that tackle's like Vince's Si? Rolling Eyes

"IMO the ref has a lot to answer for, but i'll never know what he is thinking because he is protected"

This is the crux of the problem, they need to explain decisions after the game.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm

THe FA's in a no lose situation, they can argue the letter of the law, and plead ignorance for all the other potential red card challenges by UTD and just blame the ref for any inconsistancy during the game.
Regardless of the fact that if Rooney hadn't gone chasing the ref trying (and succeeding) to influence the ref, the game would have carried on with out any stoppage, Nani himself had no issues with the tackle, and the rest of us were all gobsmacked at the decision.
This is just another piece of misfortune that has happened to us in big games of late, The, so blatant you'd have to be blind not to see it foul on Silva in the box at Chelsea, and now this! Big, BIG season defining decisions that were blatantly wrong in the context of the game, it's just another nail in the coffin for Blatter and his archaic system, football needs to be updated to the 21st Century, big decisions like red cards and penalties should be decided by a panel in real time, if this had been in place, Silva's would have been a penalty, we'd gone on to win the game, and Kompany would have had a yellow if at all.
I can't see it being overturned, it should in fairness be reduced to a yellow, but it won't be.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 pm

I think that one is worse Den, VK won the ball, and didn't hurt the man. Jones was the same as, under the laws of the game.

If Foy wants to go by the laws then he is right this time. 2 feet off the floor, not in control of himself, and dangerous to his opponent.

Its the interpretation that makes them different. The ref is the man who decides what is right/wrong. They are just too inconsistent for my liking.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum