Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Kompany loses appeal EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Kompany loses appeal EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Kompany loses appeal EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Kompany loses appeal EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Kompany loses appeal EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Kompany loses appeal EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Kompany loses appeal EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Kompany loses appeal EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Kompany loses appeal EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Kompany loses appeal EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Kompany loses appeal

+2
Topdawg
Bewar3them00n
6 posters

Go down

Kompany loses appeal Empty Kompany loses appeal

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:21 pm

from MCFC

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/January/Vincent-Kompany-loses-appeal-over-Manchester-derby-red-card-result

[b]V[b]incent Kompany’s four-match ban for a red card in Sunday's defeat to Manchester United has been upheld by the Football Association following an appeal.[/b]
[/b]The club captain will sit out both legs of the Carling Cup semi-final against Liverpool, and the games against Wigan and Spurs in the Barclays Premier League. He will become available again for City’s trip to Everton on February 1st.

The FA’s statement read:

"An Independent Regulatory Commission has today dismissed a claim of wrongful dismissal from Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany following his red card for Serious Foul Play in the FA Cup Third Round tie between Manchester City v Manchester United on 8 January 2012. Kompany will serve a four-match suspension with immediate effect. The suspension consists of a statutory three-match suspension for Serious Foul Play plus one additional game given this is Kompany’s second dismissal of the season."

No surprises there eh?![b]
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Kompany loses appeal Empty Re: Kompany loses appeal

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 pm

don't want to seem bitter, but i have been saying all along why wasn't lampard's reviewed (i know the ref issued a yellow but that wasn't enough) and why wasn't giggs' tackle on aguero reviewed (i know ref gave free kick but nothing else).

Sadly the FA hide behind 'oh the ref saw it and no further action necessary'
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:30 pm

how many games did thatcher miss for this?

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6350551520137715640

don't know if he got sent off for this, but the ref gave a free kick.

thatcher did deserve more for this and he got it. why can the FA look when they want to look and give appropriate punishment?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, no point arguing the toss now, the FA are hiding behind the letter of the law, it was a no win situation anyway,as they'd already given Hoy a prem fixture this weekend to ref, so they weren't going to overturn the decision.

We just have to hope the team step up thier game again, we know Lescott can do it, and Micah, and I think the performance in the 2nd half sunday will go somewhere to dispelling the fear of not having Kompany securing the defence.

Let's just move on and look forward to tomorrow and sunday.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm

I know it will never happen ,but I would like to know who sits on these panels,because they obviously have never played the game .to say that it was serious foul play is a joke especially after Lampards suicide tackle.and Giggs really lost it when he tackled Sergio,but nothing for either of those events.
The FA really are a bunch of deranged fools,they should not be put in charge of Sunday football never high profile games.

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:23 pm

if i'm right, it's a bunch of ex pros sitting on the panel.

but i have never liked the way the FA hide behind the ref saw it and took action which lets off lampard and giggs.

that isn't good enough and pressure needs to be brought on the FA to change its ways.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 pm

They obviously just change their interpretation of the rules as and when it suits them.

Serious foul play - without any contact?

Not reckless? Not dangerous? No intent? HTF is that serious foul play ???

Had he kept his feet off the ground and then made contact there would be no arguments but he was obviously perfectly in control of a perfecttly timed brilliant tackle.

That, apparently, now constitutes "serious foul play" so, surely, every time someone stamps their foot they should be sent off for "serious foul play" just think what they could have done if someone's leg had been underneath it !!

Pathetic, gutless, spineless morons.

I'm a tad annoyed Evil or Very Mad
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:51 pm

It will be interesting now for the rest of the season just how many get sent off for similar challenges. I am completely amazed they held this up, absolutely baffled and pissed right off.

So he misses the Carling cup semi's, and prem games v's Wigan and spuds. Could have been much worse. I'm confident we have the players to step up.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

I remember a challenge on Kenny Clements by Kevin Beattie at Maine road, which broke Kenny's leg and i felt no animosity towards Beattie as i thought it was one of the best challenges i ever saw, it was pure skill and timing and bad luck on Kenny's part. These days Beattie would be pilloried and banned for a long time. Turning the game into basketball now, non contact game
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Just watching ESPN, and they too were saying that there was nothing wrong with Kompany's challenge, he won the ball cleanly.... the issue is that Lampard's challenge had been in the news, and in the ref's mind that they had to be seen to stamp down on 2 footed challenges, simply, the ref overreacted to the situation, big game, big decisions etc...

Let's just hope that any excessive challenges on our players, and we surround the ref and try to exact some compensation.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 am

Lets be honest,Foy bottled it,the FA bottled it,and these are the people who are entrusted to run the game in fairness and impartiality.
After what Rooney has been guilty of in the past what right has he to pass judgement on anyone?,and to be seen to try and influence officials and get the backing of his boss,it is all a load of bull,and they are calling Liverpool for backing Suarez,talk about two faced.I wonder what Fergie will say next time one of his gets a proper tackle against him?

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down