Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Muamba - The football world prays you're OK.

+6
AMillionDifferentPeople
coolenglishbob
Wensdi
Topdawg
shakencity
blueboy
10 posters

Go down

Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. Empty Muamba - The football world prays you're OK.

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Terrible news...and sort of puts everything back into perspective - and brings back painful memories of MVF.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11672/7604747/Match-off-after-Muamba-collapse
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. Empty Re: Muamba - The football world prays you're OK.

Post by shakencity Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Even my Wanky hatred's put to one side when things like this happen. Really hope the lad pulls through ok.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Muamba - The football world prays you're OK. Empty Re: Muamba - The football world prays you're OK.

Post by Topdawg Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm

had more than a tear in my eye when they were talking to keegan and barnsey.

At least the poor lad seems to have a chance of getting through this now.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

It'll be a long night - but here's hoping Dawg.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Watched the match - just cried when it happened - hope and pray he pulls through. Devastating.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:19 am

The next 24 hours are crucial they reckon. He's critically ill, but still fighting. Fantastic job done by the medical staff on the pitch.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Unfortunately this brings back memories of the City player who perished during a game.Let us all keep the lad in our prayers Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 am

Very sad news. Brings back some terrible memories of mvf tragedy. My thoughts are with him and his family. Crying or Very sad
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 am

The father of Kilmarnock midfielder Liam Kelly has died of a suspected heart attack after watching his son's team beat Celtic in the Scottish League Cup final on Sunday.

That was terribly tragic too.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Latest says his heart is now beating on it's own and he is moving his arms and legs, so let's all pray that he keeps improving
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Good luck to you Fabrice, hang on in there.

He's in the best place he can be (hospital) and hopefully the rest of his body is in very good shape and able to withstand the stresses of getting through something this big.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 am

The guy with the big smile. Think about him a lot.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Now he is sitting up and talking to family and friends, downgraded from critical to serious, so going the right way but long way to go yet
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Really glad for him and his family. Can't believe he asked "Why did they stop the match?" Respect.

Is there any truth in the rumour that when je came round and was told Torres had scored twice he said: "Jesus Christ, how long have I been out?"
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Apparently, he was effectively dead for 78minutes!! anybody else, and I'm sure they would have given up on him, when he came round he knew his name when asked, and that he was a footballer, I hope he makes a full recovery, I also hope we get better screening for players now.

I just hope that the heat of the World Cup next year doesn't result in another incident similar to MVF.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 pm

78 minutes of CPR/life support and 15 shocks is incredible. I've taught Defib and CPR for years - believe me, normally the defib will say "no shock advised" after 6 or 7 shocks (AED's that is - not manual paddle ones).

A patients chances of survival decreases by 3-4% for every minute after collapse with CPR intervention - 78 minutes seems extreme, but i guess he also had drug intervention therapy as well.

This is a truly remarkable feat of the human body to withstand what he went through - the average shock delivered is equivalent to 300j - enough to light up a football stadium of all things - so 15? Amazing his heart muscle was in any condition to withstand that many - clearly a strong boy with a will to live and fantastic medical staff providing instant care - which in these cases, is always time critical.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down