Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City v Chelsea the morning after EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City v Chelsea the morning after

4 posters

Go down

City v Chelsea the morning after Empty City v Chelsea the morning after

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 am

No doubt the media will make the most of a Tevez inspired comeback whereas RDM will probably escape without much criticism for the 3 poorest substitutes I think I've witnessed in a game before.
Bosingwa was simply horrible,the sort of player you're so pleased he's on the opposite side.Cant defend simple as
Essien,although replacing the dreadful haircut,is a shadow of the player he was,surely the in form Kalou was a better option?
Drogba,cut a disinterested sulky figure throughout and Torres,who I thought played really well on his own up front,must have watched Drogba stroll around and thought what's the point
Tactically set up wrong from the outset,surely with our makeshift defence 2 up top was what's required with Kalou and Ramires giving Chelsea the drive in midfield instead of the ineffective lampard & mereilles with Sturridge and mata out wide?
Luiz looks a class act and was easily Chelsea's best player
Mancini for some inexplicable reason seems to think Balotelli isn't just a waster and we would be much better playing Aguero on his own with Milner or Barry covering yaya in midfield to allow him to do what he's best at.Making yaya play in a more defensive role takes away what he's about and it's very frustrating watching the same mistake time and time again.
David Silva needs a rest,he's just not the same player at the moment so with Nasri stepping up to the plate I think it's time he was given the opportunity to play in silvas role.Richards & Toure were given an easy night by Chelsea only playing Torres up front but played well together but I think unsung hero Zabaleta was outstanding yet again at full back.
Playing so narrow causes a problem when we have no width and this improved 2nd half when Barry started feeding Clichy and Zabaleta but a winger next season is a must,I don't believe Adam Johnson will be the answer and I would look to cash in on him if we can get a sizeable bid(king kenny?)
We can't afford any slip ups now and onto the britannia we go on Saturday where I don't believe we've won in the premier league.At least it's not a tuesday night otherwise that might have been one step beyond( great touch by city )
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

City v Chelsea the morning after Empty Re: City v Chelsea the morning after

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am

Good analysis that Rich.

Imo however, we can't rest Silva despite him "needing a rest", he's still a pivitol player for us who i'm convinced will come good again. RM's continual plan to play Yaya in a DM roll is really starting to piss me off and his continual plan to persevere with that prick up front is pissing me off even more.

Nasri imo had his best game in a City shirt, let's hope there's more to come as we might just need it.

Why the resergent Chelsea never started with Drogba AND Torres up front is beyond me, it virtually gave us the assendency from the off.......so cheers for that RdM.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am

Chelsea only threatened sporadically, but for some poor choices when we were in dangerous positions, we could have been 3 or 4 up by the end, the main culprit being Mario, who should have put it into the near post bending it away from the keeper instead of across him.
Nasri and Silva had to good chances to bury the ball on the edge of the box, Nasri unlucky with the crossbar.
This time the stats did ring true, 15 shots for City, we were dominant, hope fully this will be a confidence boost for us, and with Nasri coming into good form, he can take up the mantle of playmaker which Silva carried so well for the 1st half of the season, and with VK hopefully back at the weekend, it can free up Richards and Yaya to do what they do so well, getting up the field supporting the strikers.
Mario should be dropped to the bench, we can't afford his hot cold moods, let Dzeko's industry get the nod to support Aguero, who never gives up, both have cooler heads.
Stoke will be a tough match, but with a confidence boost, and important players coming back to fitness, form and from injury , we should move up the gears and keep the pressure on UTD.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 am

Sorry Shaken, I don't agree with you on not resting Silva. He's at 50% at best and he's not looking so good. For every decent twist and play he put in last night, he put in two stray passes.

Now I'm not criticising his ability, but this injury is affecting his game and I can only guess his confidence is going to be sapped by these continued poor performances. And he doesn't strike me as the sort to have an over inflated ego either. I worry that if we keep playing him, either he'll get properly injured or, worse, his confidence will go and he'll end up half the player he was. And that would be a sad loss for us and for the game, because he is a truly special player.

Give him a rest for the Stoke game, we shouldn't need him if Nasri puts in another shift like last night.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 am

What you say makes sense leo, i just feel we still need him and not having him in the team may hurt us just as much as not having Yaya did.

If his injury is that bad then surely RM wouldn't be playing him (well, i'd hope not anyway), if he's only able to play for 60 minutes then imo he plays for 60 minutes. I have complete faith in the medical staff at the club to determine how fit he is.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am

We dont know full facts about his injury, he is currently having injections and playing thru the pain but I know some injuries if you take away the painkillers and let it heal, it mights take weeks or months depending on how bad it is once the swealing has gone and it is more clear....
If we leave him out he might not recover! Whats hsppened to jolo? I bet its similar...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down