Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Wolves thoughts EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Wolves thoughts EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Wolves thoughts EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Wolves thoughts EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Wolves thoughts EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Wolves thoughts EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Wolves thoughts EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Wolves thoughts EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Wolves thoughts EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Wolves thoughts EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wolves thoughts

+7
Wensdi
ManCityMan
Topdawg
leopold
shakencity
ONH
Paulpowersleftfoot
11 posters

Go down

Wolves thoughts Empty Wolves thoughts

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 am

A wins a win as they say but we'll need to be a damn sight better in the next three games if we are to win the league. We never set the tempo of the game and on the whole the passing was far too slow and generally sloppy.This is the type of performance which has cost us points away from home this season and I was surprised that we weren't particularly up for it from the off but started really slowly.Whats going on in the changing room beforehand to get the motivation up from the start?
Positives were Clichys best game for us I thought and Gareth Barry was immense in the middle but can anyone understand why yaya was playing so deep in the first half until NDJ came on,time and again we've seen he's utterly wasted there and I thought his display was one of his worst I've seen from him.We look much more solid when deJong and Barry are shielding the back 4 and the 2 DM's gives the front 4 much more freedom to surge forward without worrying about tracking back.
If we play as flat as that next Monday,we will get stuffed
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Wolves thoughts Empty Re: Wolves thoughts

Post by ONH Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:50 am

at this stage of the season it doesn't matter how you play, it points that matter & city got all three.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 am

You've hit the nail on the head there Rich, bringing Yaya into a winning team imo disrupted us. If he does play, RM has to play him in AM, it's utterly pointless playing him in DM as we don't get the best out of him.

Apart from an iffy 20 mins at the start of the 2nd half, i thought we were pretty comfortable really. If we'd have put our chances away in the 1st half, i suspect Wolves wouldn't have been so game in the 2nd. At the end of the day, 3pts is 3pts and that's all that counts.

Barry was without doubt MOM, more of the same from him next week me thinks.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am

Agree with you both. Against Wolves it was fine but Yaya is not a great DM, he cant cover like Barry and Dejong do.
Maybe RM was resting Dejong?!? I just hope Yaya doesnt play there next week... The thing is for a tall guy he doesnt hit many headers and support the back four either... Some of RMs tactics are baffeling... As you said we looked so much comfortable defensively and offensively when Yaya moved up front...
Barry was MOM for me too...

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 am

We didn't need a massive performance against Wolves. They weren't going to be able to outmatch us and, frankly, if we'd have gone there and smashed them for five or six it would've left a bit of a sour taste; I know we aren't solely responsible for their being relegated, but if we'd hammered their final nail in with a sledgehammer it would've been a bit crass. As it is, we won the game without humiliating them and I'm happy with that.

As for the rest of it, I can only assume there's some additional resting being done for some players. Looking lacklustre yesterday might send a message to United that we might be beatable and they might come to attack, which sort of plays into our hands.

I'm just glad we won't concede the title on Monday!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:07 pm

i'd have liked at least one more goal.

it is unlikely that goal difference will play a part if we win all our games, but 8 goals can disappear if utd give someone a sound thrashing which they are more than capable of.

(8 goals if we beat utd by one goal)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

If we win all our games Dawg, the Rags will not end up with a better goal difference.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:31 pm

it is very unlikely, but 6 against swansea and 3 against sunderland are within the realms of possibility.

i would expect us to stick a few past qpr, but they are fighting against relegation so you never know.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 pm

It's all ifs and buts Dawg, we may even slap the Rags 5 zip, then it definately won't be a problem Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I think Barry may have just edged MOM but Clichy also had a great game and the run up the wing nutmegging the guy before playing a perfect pass for Kun was just brilliant.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 pm

I love how the BBC reports us as "relegating Wolves". Sorry, but as much as I like Wolves - the owner relegated them when he fired MM and not us. Stupid thing to do so close to the end of the season. We happened to play them when they needed a last gasp win to stave off the end of the road.

I didn't think we played particularly well - but we should definitely be up for next Monday's match. I will be on me hols on Saturday - so will be watching it with both my lads. It'll be a nervous affair.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 pm

dawg even if they get 3 against sunderland and 6 against swansea it won't make an iota of difference to us. In order for goal difference to come into play we have to win all our last 3 games. a 1-0 against the rags puts us 8 goals to the good so even a 1-0 over newky and a 1-0 over qpr would have us on a 1 goal lead over them.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 pm

If Mancini has balls he'll revert to the starting 11 vs WBA and Norwich.

NDJ is a much better DM, with Barry and Nige there is no room for Yaya if we have Tevez and Sergio up top.

Let Yaya come on around the 60min mark when legs start to tire.

Know it won't happen though...
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I think most have hit the 'same old' nail on the head again....Yaya in a DFM role just does not work as well as him playing in front of Barry/NDJ....as he is given a licence to roam and run when he is forward more.....purely because he offers us fuck all in defence.

Barry was good.....but for me Clichy was simply superb and MOM IMO. He is getting better and better as the season progresses. The cross ball for Aguero was sheer class...and his defensive display was brilliant.

Thought we were wasteful...and if Aguero and Tevez perform like that in front of goal on Monday....we may get punished at the other end and live to regret the missed chances.

It's all set up nicely.....and a night match as well....the atmosphere will be incredible. Non-stop singing, non-stop support......."blue moon" ringing out prior and during the game....brilliant.

The Team for me would be:

Hart

Richards (and that's a close call....but think his pace against Nani/Valencia/Giggs will be important - if fit?)
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

NDJ
Barry
Nasri (though i think Nasri may be sacrificed for Yaya)
Silva

Aguero
Tevez

Whatever happens...i'm just glad that the title is back in our hands.....as today could have been a very depressing day with United 5 points clear with 3 to go.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Just a shame that Bobby has taken all season to realize that Kolarov is shit & Clichy is 1 million times better as a FB

Also that NDJ is fucking brilliant as a defensive midfielder

I would have thought he would also have realized after 35 games that Yaya is best as an attacking MF player & is nowhere near as good as Barry or NDJ in the defensive holding role
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down