Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Henry Winter sums us up EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Henry Winter sums us up EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Henry Winter sums us up EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Henry Winter sums us up EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Henry Winter sums us up

+6
Paulpowersleftfoot
volleyballissport
ONH
leopold
Bewar3them00n
blueboy
10 posters

Go down

Henry Winter sums us up Empty Re: Henry Winter sums us up

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue May 08, 2012 9:50 am

I think we've all been saying this for ages, that City are a class act, and show respect on and off the pitch, don't harangue the ref throughout the game to try to get an opponent sent off, the manager neither, tries to stir shit up off the pitch.
So about friggin' time the press woke up to the community spirit that runs thru the club, something that's vitally important for the future, not only to keep the club grounded, but to maintain the connection to the fans, something our Megastore neighbours seem to have forgotten, that City's owners will be pouring millions into the community to create the new City academy, and jobs in recession hit times must also be commended, and contrasts sharply with UTD's Glazernomic leeches.
Now,if only the Talkshite brigade could wake up too!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am

But it's far more newsworthy to say the lads are a bunch of selfish, overpaid mercenaries, isn't it? That way we can be told we're ruining football and buying the league while nicely glossing over the fact that these lads are not just helping out in the community, but actually willing to do it.

Nice to see the lads getting the praise they deserve, though.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Tevez, Balotelli????????

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Yes, even those pair, soon to be City fan.

PS. We don't sell prawn butties. Sorry.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm

everythings so rosey now in Citys garden, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Short memorys you lot.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Come on ONH, before you go - at least try and get one post grammatically correct - we know you won't get one factually correct - MEMORIES (capitalised for emphasis - you don't have to use big letters) is the plural of memory Very Happy

Go on, stick around, you know you want to...........
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 3:01 pm

volleyballissport wrote:Come on ONH, before you go - at least try and get one post grammatically correct - we know you won't get one factually correct - MEMORIES (capitalised for emphasis - you don't have to use big letters) is the plural of memory Very Happy

Go on, stick around, you know you want to...........

its like being back in school this, although I did wag it a lot Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue May 08, 2012 3:04 pm

So unnecessary but soooooo needed:

OBVIOUSLY YOU DID !!

Razz
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 3:09 pm

volleyballissport wrote:So unnecessary but soooooo needed:

OBVIOUSLY YOU DID !!

Razz

only one o in so Rolling Eyes

Laughing

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue May 08, 2012 3:16 pm

And there's only one team in Manchester !

I'm annoyed - I have no idea how to write the sound hitting a cymbal with a drumstick makes !

Basketball
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:I think we've all been saying this for ages, that City are a class act, and show respect on and off the pitch, don't harangue the ref throughout the game to try to get an opponent sent off, the manager neither, tries to stir shit up off the pitch.
So about friggin' time the press woke up to the community spirit that runs thru the club, something that's vitally important for the future, not only to keep the club grounded, but to maintain the connection to the fans, something our Megastore neighbours seem to have forgotten, that City's owners will be pouring millions into the community to create the new City academy, and jobs in recession hit times must also be commended, and contrasts sharply with UTD's Glazernomic leeches.
Now,if only the Talkshite brigade could wake up too!

thats a lovely speech, bit different from this one

Well, in a some ways, this highlights our problems, if we'd won the title, the issues would, or could have been ignored, but now they are glaringly obvious, when we won games, we attacked with intelligence and speed, no fucking around with the tippy tappy bollox that we started to employ for some stupid reason? did we somehow think we were Barca? FFS...!!! We have no pacey wingmen, or we are no longer using Richards and Clichy in the manner we were when we were destroying everyone WHY THE HELL NOT?
For a 1/3 of a season we have been on the decline, MAncini states it is natural, that we can't play like this all season, no not if you fuck around with a winning formula you can't!!!
Mancini, it's not rocket science, look at our first 10 games, look at our direct play, wide, down the channels at pace, quick ball in the box...
If we carry on this way, we will implode and Mancini will be out of a job, he's been found out too many times in the 2nd half of the season, and he's not learned a thing from his numerous mistakes he admittedly has made, I doubt Mansour will suffer a fool who wastes a golden chance to win the prem, I've supported Mancini, but he's been poor for the last few months, for whatever reason our players have blown hot and cold, game after game, even with the space of a half, no consistancy, when we needed strong direction, we've been all at sea

Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Were they both by BTM ONH?

Do you actually believe they are both addressing the same issue?

Even so, taken in context, at the time of writing, they are both equally correct. One is a general statement, regarding the Club as a whole, the other is, pretty much, a personal tirade aimed at RM.

He may have gone a long way around it but all he was asking was: Why on earth can't RM learn from his mistakes?

It would appear, hoping all goes to plan on Sunday, that RM has actually learnt from his mistakes and acted to correct them when it actually matters the most i.e. whilst it still has a bearing on the Premiership title. Who can complain or argue about that?

The point about the Club in general doesn't actually tell any of US anything we didn't already know, it's just acknowledging that it's finally very nice to see someone outside the Club bringing everyone's attention to it.

volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm

yes.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Tue May 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Aww - bless - I'm sorry ONH, I should have realised and posted the individual questions as separate posts; how did I expect you to cope with so many words all in one go?

Unless, of course, your insightful anser is to be used repeatedly. If it is I think even you will be able to see the error, given the explanations set out above.

Perhaps I should I have worded like an exam question and put "Discuss" at the end, is that it?
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

ONH,
I think I've been vindicated by Mancini's tactics since the Arsenal game have I not?
We have had Clichy bombing down the wing, Tevez down the middle/wing, and Yaya down the middle (usually in the 2nd half) exactly what I'd been saying for weeks before he finally changed the system by dropping Mario and linking Tevez up with Aguero!
That's the reason I'd been pulling my hair out for weeks, as he was playing Kolarov instead of Clichy, and Yaya just infront of the back four.
Now he's got the team playing harmonious again, it may have coincided with Tevez being back, it may not, but he's playing attacking football again, more direct, we're opening up teams and scoring goals, which is what I was complaining about.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I thought as footy fans a little fickleness comes with the territory?
It's all about opinions,to my way of thinking Iscariot should've been fucked off for what he did but it looks like a master stroke bringing the little shit back in and has probably won us the title.If asked at Christmas if I'd have been happy to have him back I'd have answered differently to now where I'm happy enough for him to claim a medal
Fickle fucker you see ONH
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I thought as footy fans a little fickleness comes with the territory?
It's all about opinions,to my way of thinking Iscariot should've been fucked off for what he did but it looks like a master stroke bringing the little shit back in and has probably won us the title.If asked at Christmas if I'd have been happy to have him back I'd have answered differently to now where I'm happy enough for him to claim a medal
Fickle fucker you see ONH

dont worry I've noticed some of your posts a month back aswell, proper fickle two faced fucker you are.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue May 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Arsed Very Happy
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I think we have all at times had a go at Mancini's tactics in the past few months, me especially.

But I think the main gripe was him not learning from his mistakes. We all called it, we all were asking the same questions, but nothing seemed to change. As mentioned, Kolorov we all thought, was shite for a big part of that poor run. Yaya, though scoring the odd goal, looked knackered when played in the DFM role for 90 minutes.

Suddenly, he brings Tevez back - drops Mario, deploys Clichy in a more attacking role, employs Yaya forward after 60 minutes and his biggest masterplan - keeping the same team for 4 matches on the spin - and that includes keeping Zabaletta in the team when Micah became fit.

So you see....we fans were right all along ONH.

The OP has been turned around again by you and your wank that you spout.

The OP was about the club and how it's run and the players the way they have conducted themselves and that includes Mancini.

We've had some bad press which has been rightly pointed at us over Mario and Tevez - but the club all along have acted fairly with both individuals and conducted themselves in a professional way - which cannot be argued with - it's just nice that we have been given credit for what has been a turbulent, but hopefully fruitful piece of history in the making....and for the future, a change in dynamics within the football of Manchester.

As for fickle fuckers - as PPLF said....we are as football fans. Browsed the 606 forums the other day...and my oh my...there are plenty of examples of Taggert bashing on there.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm

We have all had some differences with Bobby during the season,but that is our prerogative,I just hope that he maintains his composure when we win the title,because Fergie has completely lost his over the past few weeks,and it has been hilarious.
Have a good summer ONH and spend some time learning the meaning of big words Smile Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 7:07 pm

blueboy wrote:I think we have all at times had a go at Mancini's tactics in the past few months, me especially.

But I think the main gripe was him not learning from his mistakes. We all called it, we all were asking the same questions, but nothing seemed to change. As mentioned, Kolorov we all thought, was shite for a big part of that poor run. Yaya, though scoring the odd goal, looked knackered when played in the DFM role for 90 minutes.

Suddenly, he brings Tevez back - drops Mario, deploys Clichy in a more attacking role, employs Yaya forward after 60 minutes and his biggest masterplan - keeping the same team for 4 matches on the spin - and that includes keeping Zabaletta in the team when Micah became fit.

The OP was about the club and how it's run and the players the way they have conducted themselves and that includes Mancini.

We've had some bad press which has been rightly pointed at us over Mario and Tevez - but the club all along have acted fairly with both individuals and conducted themselves in a professional way - which cannot be argued with - it's just nice that we have been given credit for what has been a turbulent, but hopefully fruitful piece of history in the making....and for the future, a change in dynamics within the football of Manchester.

As for fickle fuckers - as PPLF said....we are as football fans. Browsed the 606 forums the other day...and my oh my...there are plenty of examples of Taggert bashing on there.

the shite you & others come out with on here, most of you dont even go, dont even come or live in Manchester. Your just armchair supporters who slag the team & the manager off one week then the next week are all over them Razz

Proper fans who go every week ok, but not internet "fans", sorry if the truth hurts , you'll be out this weekend giving it "city this & that", plastic glory hunters Twisted Evil

Got plenty of blue mates by way, & I expect to buying a few drinks this weekend but thats how the cookie crumbles.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 pm

As I've said to you on more than one occasion ONH......i was born n bred in Wythenshawe. I was a season ticket holder from the age of 9. I stayed loyal for years and years...watching what was a hammering from the dark side...desperate for the odd win to keep me sane until the next beating and months of abuse from 'red' mates.

I lived overseas for a while, now work 3 to 4 months out of the year overseas. I have kids who are 14 and 12 and we cannot get season tickets due to me being away from the country at random notice. I would love for my boys to experience week in week out what is happening with the club they now support, but I can't. I get to 4, maybe 6 home games a season, when tickets become available in the time frame I know I am home.....but I have put in my shift over the years to be called a true fan. I earned that IMO....Grimsby away 1-1 was a low point! Went away for most games.....but now with 2 teenage boys and other commitments due to their sport, I can't go to most games.......but I am still passionate about my team.....as you may be.

Stop talking shite. For once, show some humility.... god knows we've had to over the years.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm

ONH wrote:
blueboy wrote:I think we have all at times had a go at Mancini's tactics in the past few months, me especially.

the shite you & others come out with on here, most of you dont even go, dont even come or live in Manchester. Your just armchair supporters who slag the team & the manager off one week then the next week are all over them Razz

Proper fans who go every week ok, but not internet "fans", sorry if the truth hurts , you'll be out this weekend giving it "city this & that", plastic glory hunters Twisted Evil

Got plenty of blue mates by way, & I expect to buying a few drinks this weekend but thats how the cookie crumbles.

Born longsight prefer leafy Cheshire
Had season ticket for over 20 years
Everyones entitled to an opinion,even you although your opinion is not worth a wank
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm

this is a forum with about a dozen people on, there's millions of forums with "internet fans" on all over the net who talk shite.

Thoses who go, well done, fair play.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I don't live up North anymore, moved down to London in 98, but I do go to the odd game when I visit family a few times a year, can't afford a season ticket, don't have the time or money to go to games either especially since losing my job last october, (I now work freelance and look after my son during the week, I often have to work weekends too when I have it)
I did go to the Semi and CS at Wembley though, but does not being able to go to games make you any less of a supporter? my first City game was in the 70's at Maine Road, I used to go with my dad, now I go with my brother when I can, but, if this makes me a plastic, then so be it, can't please everyone!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue May 08, 2012 8:56 pm

you've got the fans that go in all weather, & you've got your armchair fans.

United get hammered for having "plastic glory hunters that dont go", whats the difference?

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm

so tell us exactly who is an armchair fan on here burglar?

when i was a kid, couldn't afford to go. when i had a bit of money, i went to maine road when i could. i remember watching the expensive wank steve daley for my sins.

i, too, moved to london for several years before moving back north and now reside in sunny paris. i've been to 6 games this year which was all i could manage in school holidays. i would have been to more if i could have got away tickets.

you can call me what you like, it don't mean shit coming from you.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 08, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't even know why we're even rising to him, you know. He's coming on here spouting his bile because he's discovered his beloved team have bottled it and now he's playing the spin control card in an attempt to make us look bad.

We all complained about Bobby's tactics, but somehow he spotted what we could all see and put it right. Sorted.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 am

I can't afford to come every week at $3,000 round trip - however, we contribute to the coffers by spending $125/month on Fox Sports to watch City and order City stuff on line. Also travel to various cities for pre-season matches and when and if we are holidaying in the Mother Country - get to a match. Utter rubbish ONH - scraping the barrel there. At least some of us on here that sacrificed Marks and Spencer and Man City by living elsewhere to give our kids a better chance in life (better paid jobs and standard of living) can spell and write gramatically correct sentences. Seems like you wasted your education.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 am

leopold wrote:I don't even know why we're even rising to him, you know. He's coming on here spouting his bile because he's discovered his beloved team have bottled it and now he's playing the spin control card in an attempt to make us look bad.

We all complained about Bobby's tactics, but somehow he spotted what we could all see and put it right. Sorted.

Razz must have been reading this forum.

I'am only stating facts, most on here are armchair supporters that dont even live in Manchester, something that get's labeled a lot at united fans.

Why does that upset you, its the truth.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 09, 2012 7:29 am

I'am Rolling Eyes

Go on then, I'll play your game.........AGAIN.

As you know Newton I live in Bury (born Radcliffe M26 0RX, this Manc postcode isn't allowed to count though is it Crying or Very sad ). This season I have been to all the European games and 10 PL games. I don't have a season ticket, as i have one for Bury.

Q. Am i still classed as an armchair supporter?

Just for your clarification, here's my old 606 profile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13639435
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 am

Shakencity

all I have said is MOST not ALL on here dont go or even live in Manchester so they watch City on the telly, armchair supporters.

Those who go & fork out their hard earned fair play.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 am

Okey dokey!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed May 09, 2012 8:08 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed May 09, 2012 8:13 am

day trippers/glory hunters, thats what success brings, get used to it.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 am

most united fans have never even been to a game.

i was visiting friends back in blighty this bank holiday weekend.

i went to the gym of a decent hotel in london on sunday evening. saw a guy in a man u top there (far eastern type). he didn't even know that utd had played!

most people on here either go every match or used to go when they lived in/near manchester. hardly armchair fans.

i have contributed this season going to 6 matches and, despite my wife's rolling eyes, bought a stack of stuff from the city store. so much so, i even had my own pigeon hole for all the stuff i bought online.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down