Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
How Did we improve our squad EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
How Did we improve our squad EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
How Did we improve our squad EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
How Did we improve our squad EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
How Did we improve our squad EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
How Did we improve our squad EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
How Did we improve our squad EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
How Did we improve our squad EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
How Did we improve our squad EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
How Did we improve our squad EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How Did we improve our squad

+4
Moonchester
skyblueoz
TMG
Wensdi
8 posters

Go down

How Did we improve our squad Empty How Did we improve our squad

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Sinclair in place of AJ and Maicon in place of Nige. I think getting rid of Nige has probably had an effect on some of the squad too. So really only have Garcia - oh yes - I was forgetting about the new goalie. Wow
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

How Did we improve our squad Empty Re: How Did we improve our squad

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Sorry meant to say Garcia in place of Nige. Think I'm just having a bit of a strop. Better wait and see.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:43 am

Savic, Adebayor, AJ, NDJ - SOLD + RSC, Boyata + McGivern -OUT on loan

Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon, Nastasic - IN

Disappointed that NDJ has gone but Garcia is apparently a much better replacement. We'll see
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:20 am

judging by the reports Garcia is a top class signing it seems all or most foreign journos are raving about him and how much he has improved. If that is the case he will be an ideal replacement for Nige & is a more than useful centre back which is an added bonus. Nastacic is also a player that comes with a lot of high praise so if he lives up to that then another real bargain sinclair i really am at a loss on why we went for him he is imho no better than johnson ( fair enough i have seen a lot more of johnson than sinclair ) But johnsons goals per game ratio is proven at premier level, a lot of sinclairs goals have been in the lower division & penalties. For me i honestly think we could have done a lot better & Maicon,? this has to be a squad addition rather than an improvement purchase. a lad at work who is an Inter fan rekons when maicon is on song he is brilliant but he has 2 many off days and he is pleased they have got rid. I guess one persons opinion is not totally accurate but as he supports and follows inter closely i have no reason in doubting him.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:26 am

Maicon has come in the Viera capacity I think, to spread a bit of experience on days when we have younger guys in the squad.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 am

i pretty much agree with skyblue's assessment. don't know enough about garcia or nastasic, but reports are good. in nastasic's case he has time to bed in before, but should be putting pressure on Lezza soon enough.

maybe bobby thought AJ had gone as far as he could and Sinclair can still improve. he was obviously looking for a pacy winger as enquiries were made about raheem sterling too.

maicon is a bit of a puzzler as his off days are as often as his on days. maybe that european experience will help us in some tough games in the champs league.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:17 am

I don't consider Kolorov as a fullback so Maicon brings some experience and cover for Micah Zab & Clichy
Hopefully Garcia will allow yaya to play further forward as he's wasted sat back in front of the back line
Sinclair will give us width for a plan B to get balls into the box for Edin,something Johnson very rarely did
Nastasic will provide the centre back cover we desperately needed and hopefully will be a lot better than Savic,which to be fair wouldn't be tricky
Wright will probably never play a game but pick up an average working mans annual wage every week whilst contributing nothing,nice work if you can get it
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Am pretty satisfied with our business - done what we absolutely had to at the back, refreshed the front a little with Sinclair in/AJ out.

Also quite pleased re: offloading of more dead weights.

Garcia is exciting me after reading this - especially points 2 and 6 (one of my personal bug-bears - letting people get shots in even from outside the area is too risky - deflections from these turned the games against Fulham and Liverpool away last year and more.) :

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/6-reasons-why-man-city-should-sign-javi-garcia
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 pm

dont agree with the article slagging off dejong... a lot of bs abou about that... dejong probably lost the ball once or twice all season, he never rushed forward and had the highest pass completion rate. 90%
garcia sounds great but lets not dis a city great..:-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 pm

True, am a big fan of the Lawnmower and wish him well. Did like his farewell tweet thanking us for having had the chance to be part of our history and boy, has he been.

Noticed a couple of goals this year down to him losing possession around centre mid, but put that down to lack of consistent game time/everyone does it from time to time.

Am sad to lose him, and hoping Javi can take us onwards and upwards.

Good luck Nige, thanks for the great memories.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Nige will always be up there in my opinion. Always gave his all, and for that I thank him.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 pm

he also got a fair bit of crap from the media here and in holland but always handled it with dignity... must have been hard being ok 60k while bridge was on 95k/w but he was always professional, did not compain and got on with it... even after liverpool game i think he knew he was going but still did the interview and said the right things... he will be missed... AJ, Adebayor, Tevez... wont.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down