Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
 Sucker punch.....Gutted EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sucker punch.....Gutted

+5
coolenglishbob
Wensdi
blueboy
Topdawg
Bewar3them00n
9 posters

Go down

Sucker punch.....Gutted Empty Sucker punch.....Gutted

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

After a backs to the wall display from the boys, we just couldn't hold the RM tide back,
Very proud of the boys performance, just gutted we couldn't hold on for any kind of result.
Just wish Mancini had made a Sub in the last 5 mins to slow the game down!!!!!
Oh well, roll on Arsenal!!!!
A true group off death, lost at the death............. GUTTTED
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Sucker punch.....Gutted Empty Re: Sucker punch.....Gutted

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 pm

i don't think we had any subs left. some superb defending and some shocking defending.

yaya, either go down for a pen and red card or score the fucking goal!

that was the moment that could have won it for us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 pm

sorry....but wank defending and goalkeeping let us down tonight. Hart is starting to believe his own hype and needs have some proper competition rather than the lanky Pants.....get Butland in to shake it up.

2 goals tonight were all the fault of Harts. The 1st one - there was only one place he could have scored...yet he was too slow to get across...the second, yes Kompany should have got a head on it...but as a keeper, you can't count on that, you follow the ball as if he will miss it - worse case scenario...and he didn't....shit performance so far this season from Hart and Kompany.

Fucking drop em Mancini....you seem to want to chop and change every other fucking position and bring in players who have NO experience!!!!! FUCK ME!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I thought Hart had his best game so far this season.
Almost pulled it off, it's a steep learning curve for all concerned, I just thought we weren't tight enough, quick enough to close them down
Barry, first full game back, Nastasic, first game!
The right result for the neutral, Hart kept us in the game in the 1st half, but at this level, you just can't switch off for a second, we did, and we were punished.
Maybe this will be a wake up call, Arsenal at the weekend, another tough game, one we need to bounce back in.... I bloody hope so, I'm going!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm

hmm...too kind IMO. Hart made 1 good save. The other he didn't have clue about. All the others we wouldn't be talking about last season...but WAS AT FAULT...for 2 tonight.

Shit so far IMO.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 pm

sorry, wouldn't blame him for kompany ducking out of the way.

we had our chances and should have put the game to bed. see how madrid just pissed around with us when they went 3-2 up. i'm not saying we could have done the same, but we made silly mistakes. zabba letting ronaldo step on to his right foot???

at times we really made madrid look ordinary (when we were 1-0 up).

we had our chances and didn't take them. again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:53 am

Think Hart was only responsible for one goal - they could have been up 5-2. Gutted. RM needs to get the selection right - Edin made a difference - even Kolarov did - it just wasn't working for Nasri tonight nor Tevez up front on his tod.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 am

Don't think that big Joe was at all poor,and he made at least 3 goal stopping saves,not 1.The culprit for me was Bobby,Maicon had pretty boy outside tha area all game and he was not able to shake him off.Bobby then goes and subs Maicon and ,much as I love Zabba, he was not able to hold Ronaldo.WE were 2-1 up with 8 minutes to go,that should have been a winnng system.

There is always next season!!Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

Blueboy, come on fella, why are your posts always wanting me to reach for the prozac. I know you are disappointed but we will be ok this year. We worried the pants off Madrid last night, and yes the best team won but we sure as hell had them sweating. The next game is the important one, anything less than 3 points and that will be a bad result.

Just remember as Blue Tuesday reminded me last night its exactly 14 years since we were held 1-1 at home by Chesterfield in the league! We've come a long way guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am

Sorry Blueboy, I don't agree our defending and keeping was wank either. All we did in the first half was defend and we kept them out for 70 odd minutes (and going one up in the process).

I'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's arse here, we weren't good enough to win last night and if we had done, I'd have been amazed. But to drop a 2-1 lead in the last five minutes is a bit QPR. Maybe it's some form of karmic realignment for last season.

The only part of it I can't stomach is that arrogant winker scoring the winner. Why him? I'd rather have Kompany putting it in his own net than that.

Still, bright sides:

- We gave the best team in the group a massive scare in their own back yard
- It is the hardest game we'll play, it's only going to get easier now
- Dortmund and Ajax aren't as good as Madrid and they won't be relishing the prospect of playing us at all
- We've got two away goals to help us up the table a bit and, if we end up level on points with Madrid, they could be the difference.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm

IMO Hart was ok and made a few good saves, he looked out of position leaving a big space to his left for the Benzema goal and left himself too much to do when he saw the shot. From where Benzema was placed he could only score to the left of Hart and Hart was too far to his right imo. Ronaldo was just cruising past Maicon in the first half or cutting inside him and he looked too slow. Nasri did not impress me before he went off injured either. Yaya was colossal all night and just cut through them on several occasions he should have made ot 2-0 when he burst through and put his shot wide while trying to blast it in. We are going to miss the big guy badly when he goes to the ACON. Overall, we probably did not deserve the 3 points but on our second half display we could and should have had a point. On the bright side thats the hard one out of the way and we scared the crap out of em.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I thought Joe Hart was magnificent last night.Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaya the Ivorian Beast Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Proud of our peformance personally!

Lots of positives to take, Nastastic looked like he'd played for us for years, Good disciplined peformance at the back for an hour at least.

Nasri was poor we looked much more a threat with Kolorov on much more width!

Di Maria was the big problem last nite ghosted through our midfield and drew lots of players out of position, Could have done with De Jong coming on after Kolorov scored! Miss that guy!

Yaya the Ivorian Beast
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Not seen any replays yet and the view from the 5th tier was too high up to make any real assessment,but I thought Jo kept us in it for an hour otherwise we could've been staring a 4-0 in the face.
The Brazillian Richard Edghill was utterly dreadful,I thought he was poor at Stoke but last night confirmed he's clearly nowhere near good enough.
Biggest issue for me was the cheap way we continually gave Madrid possession inviting pressure on ourselves.If we worked as hard as they did off the ball the game could well have had a different outcome
Bit subdued on the way back,while we were all disappointed that we let a lead slip at the death we were much happier with the performance than the shambles of Munich last year.
The away game at Dortmund will be pivotal to us progressing to the next round in my opinion,defensively we will need to be much better
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Can't argue with the assessment of the midfield giving the ball away and not putting in a shift closing down...that's where it fell apart last night.

You need luck to win the CL....we had ours last night going 2-1 up.....unfortunately we blew it with schoolboy errors.

Won't get that chance again...so it's going to have to be down to team cohesion and one or two of our better players stepping up their performances.

Think Vinny has been poor so far this season....not sure what is going on with him.

Zab was fantastic early on - but then dropped for Maicon (a £3m signing)....thought the new kid did well for large portions of the game and Dzeko finished his goal superbly.

Arsenal - Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez to start for me at home.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum