Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Commentator Question EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Commentator Question EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Commentator Question EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Commentator Question EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Commentator Question EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Commentator Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Commentator Question EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Commentator Question EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Commentator Question EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Commentator Question EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Commentator Question

+3
skyblueoz
ManCityMan
Wensdi
7 posters

Go down

Commentator Question Empty Commentator Question

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 am

Gary Birtles and Gary Taphouse were the commentators on the WBA/City match this week. One of 'em is a right tater. Very dour and starts off with "Dearie Me" everytime there is a bad pass or a shot off target. Bit of a northern accent - which Gary is it? He sounds a right miserable sod. The other one sounds better and gets quite excited after a goal but he's always waffling on about City's expensive signings (compared to the paltry $6m for Shane Long).

Last edited by Wensdi on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Commentator Question Empty Re: Commentator Question

Post by ManCityMan Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Birtles sounds like the first one with the northern accent. He played for Forest in the 70's when they won the European Cup then had a spell with the rags in the early 80's. The taphouse guy is a southerner.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Wensdi Birtles is definitely the deary me and his "i would ban them simple as that" He is annoyingly shocking. The thing that really gets me about him is the fact he criticises players for not scoring ala yaya and that header, or balotelli when he went through the 3 of them only to be thwarted by fosters outstretched leg yet he forgets in the early eighties he was a 1.25 million flop for the red scum scoring 1 goal i believe in some 40 odd appearances before they sold him back to forest for a fraction of the fee paid.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm

There will always be an anti City slant now that we've "arrived" upset the applecart etc. and muscled in on the SKY 4 cartel, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some-kind of subconscious loathing of City be all and sundry, because we've "bought the title" "ruined football" etc...
I listened to the game at WBA and even when we were ontop with 10 men, the commentators only begrudgingly gave credit for it, as if, because we won the title last season, 10 men some how makes it fairer for all!
I've got rid of Sky now, and ditched the sport channels, so it's old fashioned radio in one ear while I do something else, then MoTD or wait for the highlights on the City site
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 pm

beware. being here in perth the coverage we get is genuinely good. I can put up with all the negatives as to me it is fantastic being able to watch every match inc champs league being so far away. Ok i know the times are not always user friendly but i cannot grumble about the coverage. the pundits are muppets though, but their comments are taken with a pinch of salt. As i said if they had done what they preach when commentating during their playing careers maybe then i would take them a bit more seriously.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

I agree SkyblueOz - fantastic coverage for us Ex-Pats apart from the occasional muppet commentator. Do get annoyed with ESPN coverage when there's other games going on at the same time though (which I record to watch) when they tell you the bloody scores during the City match - ruins it for me. GRRRRR
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 am

Vice-versa, now sky have the F1, I was watching a race, recording teh football (think it was united-chelski).. when the commentators blurts out -

Welcome to all the football fans who have just changed channel after that 4-4 thriller.. or somethign to that effect...

was well annoyed
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:12 am

My favourite moment recently was Mark Bright explaining where Kun was going wrong as a striker! It was the equivalent of me giving shagging tips to John Holmes.

You couldn't make it up.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Mark Bright lol!

It's like Danny Mills saying anything about City. Not even anything specific, just ANYTHING he says. It's like he thinks he can keep cashing in on us, just because he lived on our physio's bench for a few years. Numpty.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Danny Mills... Haven't heard many good words out of his mouth about City, he always seems to slag us off, same with Steve McManaman on ESPN, tosser.
Now it was refreshing to have Motty do the MoTD commentary on us at the weekend, just makes you realise how unbiased and balanced he is, infact I'd rather have Gary Neville doing the commentary than most commentators, ironic, but he seems the most clued up of the lot when it comes to ex footballers.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down