Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Newcastle v City Game Review EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Newcastle v City Game Review

3 posters

Go down

Newcastle v City Game Review Empty Newcastle v City Game Review

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Well good morning all.

I must say I really enjoyed the game on Saturday, thought at times we looked our old slick style and produced some brilliant movement and creative runs.

So here is my review of the game along with the ratings.

===============================================================

HART - Thought he looked back to his assured self, had a early scare and a couple of decent low saves, yet still slightly worries me with his punching into the 6yrd area. Overall kept us in it until we could add more goals ourselves. 8/10

ZABALETA - Well, I do like Zaba, a lot. This game proved how versatile and reliable the guy is. I thought he was superb, did his defensive job but always made himself available. Chased lost causes down, added some neat passes to his game on the wing too. Brilliant game from him, can't really see any negatives. The only slight point that worried me was his sticking out a leg against Santon in the 2nd half, nearly caused a pen! Overall solid and gave 100% as per usual. 9/10

K TOURE - I aint his biggest admirer, I'll admit, but seemed to play better than usual. He does always give it his all (at times that can be his downfall as he leaves himself out of position) and produced a no-nonsense display and worked tidily and hard. Good game from Kolo. 8/10

NASTASIC - This lad is getting more and more assured, looking the part. Seems very calm and composed for his age, and the more run in the team he gets the better he plays. I'm liking this lad a lot and deffo Mancini's best buy so far. Overall, great game and above all else DEPENDABLE!! 9/10

CLICHY - Great game from Gael again, I like Clichy, I feel we are more balanced and have a attacking outlet on the left when he plays. Always does well, tries hard and plays some nice quick balls. Defended well against Cisse and Ba, which aint easy. 9/10

NASRI - Well, as you know I don't rate Sami, he goes missing far too often for me. Yet I will hold my hands up, one of the best displays his has given us so far. Great dynamic angled runs, nice vision, unselfish play, concise and direct. Neat and tidy and made the creative foil to allow Yaya and Silva freedom. Was a shame he got injured, we looked less of a threat as soon as he went off. Lets hope for a more consistent effort from him when he comes back. 9/10

Y TOURE - Brilliant game from Yaya. Mainly because Javi Garcia actually did his job well which laid the solid base for him to push up more often. Dropped too deep again at times but overall very good game and dynamic and powerful. Superb pass for the 1st goal and got in the box well for his goal. 9/10

JAVI GARCIA - WOW!! So it seems he may be able to do his job after all! Played well, defo best game so far, it may be fitness that was holding him back? Anyway, tackled well (which I though he was incapable of) broke up play, and played the ball forward when he could. Nice leap for the header and seemed a yard quicker than previous. 8/10

SILVA - Brilliant again. Made the Newcastle defenders very nervous. His runs into and around the box caused havoc and his link up play was a joy to watch. Getting back to his magical self and seemed to cut in at will. Just wish Tevez would have controlled that pass from him better, as we would have scored! Merlin has come back. MOM for me. 10/10

TEVEZ - Excellent effort as per usual. Nice runs, played direct and had the defence on edge throughout the game. My only gripe was him not getting on the score sheet and the very selfish bit of play in the 2nd half when Krul came out to intercept, he had enough time to square that to Sergio. Overall, his superb tenacious self. 8/10

AGUERO - Great game from Sergio, looked very sharp and had good feet. His cross box runs caused them trouble and his pass move was slick and creative. Still think that pull back chance he put wide and the one on one he had, should have both been buried. Top, top player and plays so much better with Tevez. 9/10

================================================================

SUBSTITUTIONS

KOLOROV - Can't stand the guy, think he's shite, end of. Glad he was injured as he offered nothing, and gives up on the defensive side way too easily for me. Not needed, and I would sell him along with Balotelli If we can get any buyers. Not impressed with him even when he is fit, 5/10

LESCOTT - Did what he was told to do, made us more tight and also had 2/3 good clearance headers. Solid performance. 8/10

DZEKO - Is it just me, or does he look like he could not give a flying fuck? Not happy with his work rate when he came on and his obvious slow attack and shite pass at the end. Looks like he wants out to me, and If you play like that then fuck off son. Hate players who sulk and I just don't see what he gives us at times, apart from holding the ball at times. 6/10
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Newcastle v City Game Review Empty Re: Newcastle v City Game Review

Post by Jordan Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Good analysis as usual Vince. I remember one other time when Nasri played that well and it was against Blackburn. Think he got two assists and a goal. Hopefully the injury won't be too bad as we missed the 4 of them linking when he went off.

Garcia did misplace one or two passes but overall I think he had a good game. Still no Barry or De Jong in my opinion but I think that will come in time and he will be a good player.

Nasty was brilliant as per. How is this kid only 19? Very composed.

Tevez I would give a 7 for poor finishing and as you said with the selfishness.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Yea Joe.

Defo no Barry or NDJ level, but seems to be improving.

Nasri, does this though has a great game and gets injured and comes back shite!
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Nasty is everything we hoped Savic would be and ended up not being. And to think he's only going to get better is as exciting as it is concerning: Every time we get a player this capable, they end up getting perma-crocked.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down