Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name

+3
Bewar3them00n
TMG
ONH
7 posters

Go down

The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name Empty The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name

Post by ONH Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 pm

the "plastics" who have VERY short memories want him out.

Which one are YOU Question

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name Empty Re: The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name

Post by TMG Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 am

Sleep

ONH = Sad TWAT
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name Empty Re: The "proper" City Fans That Go Away Sing His Name

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:32 am

Well, my brother goes home and away to see City play, and he will attest that there are many who feel the same way, they sing his name as a show of strength, but privately, they have their doubts.
Recent history shows his position is only as firm as the results on the pitch, he himself, ironically (!) had a Plan B if all went awry at the end of last season.
I believe we will bounce back, but will it be another title? I doubt it on current form, or the form of the season so far, unless it clicks like last season in the 2nd half of this season.
We may shout and scream "Mancini out" but this is more a scream in frustration at what we feel are missed opportunities by the manager, it happened last season, leading up to the debacle of the Arsenal game, then he reverted to the attacking line up we had all been crying out for, the results were, well, you know the rest......
The same has happened this season, to some extent he has made a rod for his own back with Mario, and playing too defensive in 1st halves, there have been injuries to key players, and poor pre season due to the Euroe's in his defence.
Personally, I'm prepared to give him to the end of the season, and I'm sure the owners feel the same way, but they are not stupid, if Mourinho is a free agent in the summer, well, they would be stupid not to try to land him or Guardiola... It's a results business, not a charity.
Now, I hope that has answered you question?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 am

Fair summary Beware. I think after last season, there was so much expectation during the summer that we would sign 2 or 3 more big name players to add strength to our squad - as we all knew that the big 2 challengers would definitely strengthen - and we ended up with:

Maicon
Sinclair
Rodwell
Nasty
Garcia

All for a combined total in the region of £48m.

Only Nasty has so far produced. Garcia has scored twice, but looks very slow in the PL, Maicon and Rodwell are always injured (but have been for years).

So there lies the first MAJOR frustration from fans.....why so many shit signings when you see Chelsea bring in Oscar, Hazard and Moses and United improve their already strong forward line with the leagues most deadly finisher in RVP?

We see those signings and think - WTF is going on? What does Mancini know about these players that we don't? Clearly, he got Nasty right - but 1 out of 5 is not great - £8m against £48m spent provides us with more evidence of terrible buys. This will now lead us into Jan with the owners saying "no more money, you've just wasted £40m 5 months ago"

Mancini has persisted with playing 2, sometimes 3 DFM against opposition we should be beating easily - the fans biggest gripe last season.

He has consistently swapped and changed his defence and forward line and not through injuries - another massive gripe from fans.

So all in all - when we have played so poorly as we have this season, after being crowned Champions in the last seconds of last, see the fruits of United's spending paying dividends and we now fall 7 points behind - I guess the fans have every right to question the managers tenure.

We all sit here and say "keep the faith, look what we did last season, we can still get it back"....and we can, but won't if we continue to make the same mistakes again and again....and do not off-load 3 or 4 average players in Jan and replace them with 2 or 3 top players...otherwise we'll be playing for 2nd or 3rd......and Mancini must take the majority of blame for where we are now and where we may end up come May.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Might just be me but has Mancini really wanted these signings?? IMO Marwood had something to do with most of the incoming?? Yes what happens on the pitch has got to be his fault and some of the tactics have had me scratching my head... But he got it right last season and now Marwood has been moved to his "new role" lets see what January brings!! Still think Mancini is the MAN. cheers
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Talking of signings, Dema Ba is apparently in talks with Chelsea, after off loading Sturridge, they'll get a better striker, cheaper! Why couldn't we be this savvy?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Give me Ba all day long over Balotelli!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 am

Ba was adament that he wanted a move to London. I would have loved him at City - but if he's determined to move to London - then we have no chance. Can't believe that Chelsea is signing all these great players. Still at least we have Rodwell - LOL

Last edited by Wensdi on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:45 am

Will be interesting to see what happens this window without Marwood at the helm. Just as long as it's not a Spanish invasion of more average players just looking for a payday.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 am

But why would he want to go to London? It's a shit hole! Plus everyone knows, if you want to be part of a successful team, there's only one city to go to. Madrid.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down